Casita vs Escape - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #71
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Interesting to note that when this thread started (2007) there was no Escape 19. The original post was a discussion between the Escape 17 and the Casita 17 which seems a more apples to apples comparison. For those reseaching, be aware that when it comes to buying and selling, it's not reality that governs but rather peoples perception. Here, Escape has a large following which at times overwhelms any objective comparison. Were you to go to the Casita forum you will find the same passion for the Casita brand. People feel good about what they have. In the end you have to decide what your needs are. Also realize that for most of us, as time passes those needs change. I didn't choose either of these brands because neither was flexible enough to meet my needs, yet in terms of manufacture they are all almost identical. Raz

Old 08-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #72

Name: Ian or Vicki
Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Explorer Sport Trac
British Columbia
Think it's a safe bet there are more Casita owners here than Escape owners, Raz.
cheers
Ian

Old 08-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #73

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian-Vicki View Post
Think it's a safe bet there are more Casita owners here than Escape owners, Raz.
cheers
Ian
Of course there would be because there's more Casita's than Escape's. Casita started in 1983 and Escape in 2001.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #74

Name: Alex
Trailer: looking...
North Carolina
Hope no one minds me bringing back this thread, but we are also looking at both models this year and matching apples to apples. If the mfrs have listed their spec right, the Escape has a bit of an edge in their design regarding storage capacities.

Plugging in all the dry specifications the Escape 17B would give us appx 500 additional lbs of storage capacity in the RV and 60 lbs extra in the TV (over the Casita 17 deluxe)?

What is more interesting is... the Escape 19 specs provide even more additional capacity in both the RV and TV than it's 17B counterpart, hmmm?

We're looking more to the Escape 19 for now... but just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone is still wanting some comparison info.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #75

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsup View Post
We're looking more to the Escape 19 for now... but just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone is still wanting some comparison info.
Looks like there's a few in your neighborhood too: Home - Escape Owners Map
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #76

Name: Alex
Trailer: looking...
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Looks like there's a few in your neighborhood too: Home - Escape Owners Map
Oh cool... we'll certainly be looking into that.

Thank you Donna!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #77

Name: Ian or Vicki
Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Explorer Sport Trac
British Columbia
"Here, Escape has a large following which at times overwhelms any objective comparison. Were you to go to the Casita forum you will find the same passion for the Casita brand."
That comparison would be valid if this were an Escape forum, but it's not. Folks here have every type of FG trailer under the sun, and while I love my Burro, I don't think it - or any other FG trailer - stands up to a comparison with the Escape line.
I understand not all will agree with me, and I have no axe to grind in this, just my opinion. But if they were still making Burros, and were as open to customization as Escape, maybe then. But for now, Escape is the class of the field for me.
cheers
Ian

Tags
casita, escape