Casita vs Escape - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #41

Trailer: 2004 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe and 2001 13 ft Casita Patriot Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick & Joanne View Post
We loved our Casita 17 FD. But, whomever slept next to the wall had to climb over the other to get out at night. And at my age that is usually me and several times a night. For that reason we went over to the Escape 5. No regrets--except the exchange rate a year ago vs today. Ouch.

Dick
Thats the reason we changed from our 99 Casita Freedom Deluxe to our 04 Casita Liberty Deluxe with the king size bed you sleep front to rear.
Glen G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #42

Name: Lawrence
Trailer: 2018 19ft Escape
California
Bed

Good Day:
The bed is very important to us since we are very tall people. We must have at least a Queen Size. Also we would prefer not to crawl over each other at night to make the inevitable bathroom run. Therefore looks like either a Casita Liberty (King Bed) or the Escape 5.0 but still shopping. Not sure what the price is for a new Casita but we are expecting that information in the mail soon.

Sincerely

Larry and Janet
tannerls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #43

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Larry and Janet, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here.

Good luck on the egg hunt too
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #44

California
Thank you Donna for a nice welcome.

I just retired last year and the Wife and I have been interested in doing some traveling. A light weight trailer option seems to make since because of the high costs of fuel these days. Also I have always been a fan of things made out of Fiberglass so a nice light “egg” seems to make since. We look forward to talking to you as well as others on the forum. I’m sure we will have lots of questions and thanks again.

Sincerely

Larry and Janet
Old 05-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #45

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Janet and Larry, another option for tall people is the EggCamper. Great head/width in the Egg Camper. Not to discourage you from any brand mentioned, but just adding to your options.

Personally owning a Casita, I am 5'9 and skim the ceiling so if your any taller I would question, unless of course you like being bent over. I do belive the interior height of the Liberty is taller than the Freedom DLX

Best of luck............... Oh and glad you joined us!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #46

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerls View Post
Good Day:
The bed is very important to us since we are very tall people. We must have at least a Queen Size. Also we would prefer not to crawl over each other at night to make the inevitable bathroom run. Therefore looks like either a Casita Liberty (King Bed) or the Escape 5.0 but still shopping. Not sure what the price is for a new Casita but we are expecting that information in the mail soon.

Sincerely

Larry and Janet
The Escape 19 is a full 60x80 queen. While many can use the length, any more width would be a waste in a small trailer, IMHO.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #47

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Janet and Larry, another option for tall people is the EggCamper. Great head/width in the Egg Camper. Not to discourage you from any brand mentioned, but just adding to your options.

Personally owning a Casita, I am 5'9 and skim the ceiling so if your any taller I would question, unless of course you like being bent over. I do belive the interior height of the Liberty is taller than the Freedom DLX

Best of luck............... Oh and glad you joined us!

Robin: Thank you for welcoming us to the forum. I have learned quite a lot about trailer life over the last few days.

Also, Thanks for mentioning the “Egg Camper” I have just bookmarked that page and have added it to my list of possibilities. Janet and I are both about 6 ft with shoes on. Did not see bed dimensions on their web site but after looking at the pics I can see it is wide. Still would like an easier escape rout from the sack so as not to wake up my wife when going to the reading room in the middle of the night. You are correct about the Liberty Deluxe; the ceiling height would be a bit tight when standing up. I’m sure we will have more questions as we dig deeper into our trailer research.

Sincerely

Larry and Janet
Old 05-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #48
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Quote:
Good Day:

Sincerely

Larry and Janet
You should look at the Escape 19ft with a full queen bed. I am 6'2" and I have plenty of room. I like the bathroom because I can stand up without hitting my head. The 19ft has dual axles the trailer is well balanced and pulls like a dream. Escape will customize your trailer for you and Casita will not. Reace the owner of Escape wears a tool belt and works on the production line as well as doing work on customer trailers. Nice people to work with.
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #49

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
The Escape 19 is a full 60x80 queen. While many can use the length, any more width would be a waste in a small trailer, IMHO.
Mr. Bennett:

Thanks for the reply, I have been on the Escape web site and I am very impressed with the Escape 19. It is well laid out and, in my opinion, a gorgeous unit. I would prefer a bed I could slip out of without waking up my better half in the middle of the night when exercising my constitutional. If I’m not mistaken the bed is a permanent fixture and that is what my wife Janet likes about it. I believe the queen bed in the Escape 5.0 would give us the ability to negotiate the bed with crawling over each other.

I have to say these trailers are not cheep but if we do make the plunge, it should hold its value and last a long time if properly maintained.

Sincerely

Larry and Janet
Old 05-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #50

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
You should look at the Escape 19ft with a full queen bed. I am 6'2" and I have plenty of room. I like the bathroom because I can stand up without hitting my head. The 19ft has dual axles the trailer is well balanced and pulls like a dream. Escape will customize your trailer for you and Casita will not. Reace the owner of Escape wears a tool belt and works on the production line as well as doing work on customer trailers. Nice people to work with.
Chuck
Deb & Chuck:

Just responded to Mr. Jim Bennett on the Escape 19, I am right at 6ft and Janet is just slightly shorter so if you are 6’2” with no issues, we should be just fine. I was concerned about the ability to exit the bed in the middle of the night without waking up my better half but I think we could easily adjust. Life is full of compromises. I do like the idea of a two axle trailer for stability. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sincerely

Larry and Janet
Old 05-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #51

Registry
Quote:
Mr. Bennett:

Thanks for the reply, I have been on the Escape web site and I am very impressed with the Escape 19. It is well laid out and, in my opinion, a gorgeous unit. I would prefer a bed I could slip out of without waking up my better half in the middle of the night when exercising my constitutional. If I’m not mistaken the bed is a permanent fixture and that is what my wife Janet likes about it. I believe the queen bed in the Escape 5.0 would give us the ability to negotiate the bed with crawling over each other.

I have to say these trailers are not cheep but if we do make the plunge, it should hold its value and last a long time if properly maintained.

Sincerely

Larry and Janet
The climbing over your spouse in the middle of the night can be looked at as a fun thing too.

Seriously though, your thoughts are right along the line ours were, I would have preferred the bed layout in the 5.0, but did not want to commit to a pickup to tow it, preferring an SUV with its capacities to carry gear inside and as a general runabout vehicle.

The bed is permanent in the 19, a feature my wife insisted on in a trailer, that and a toilet were her only must haves.

! am 6'-0" and have a ton of headroom, buy 6'4" brother just grazed the ceiling with shoes on. The 5.0 would have plenty of headroom for you, but it is about 4" narrower, which makes the aisles a tad tighter. Both great units.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #52

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
The Eggcamper bed is a full queen too, 60"x80". As is the bed in the Li'l Snoozy, another trailer with a higher ceiling. The Eggcamper can be had with a fulltime mattress, and Jim can even make a pivoting support (with mechanical advantage) that makes it easy to lift the mattress and get stuff from storage underneath the bed.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #53

California
Quote:
The climbing over your spouse in the middle of the night can be looked at as a fun thing too.

Seriously though, your thoughts are right along the line ours were, I would have preferred the bed layout in the 5.0, but did not want to commit to a pickup to tow it, preferring an SUV with its capacities to carry gear inside and as a general runabout vehicle.

The bed is permanent in the 19, a feature my wife insisted on in a trailer, that and a toilet were her only must haves.

! am 6'-0" and have a ton of headroom, buy 6'4" brother just grazed the ceiling with shoes on. The 5.0 would have plenty of headroom for you, but it is about 4" narrower, which makes the aisles a tad tighter. Both great units.
Jim:

Regarding your comment that “climbing over your spouse … can be fun” I have to say I might be getting older but I’m far from being dead. There is still fire in the furnace if you know what I mean.

Your wife’s requirements and my wife’s requirements are almost identical. My wife also wants a shower although it is my laymen’s opinion that if one is going to dry camp in the Sierras (no hookups) you will not be wasting a lot of water taking a shower and for that matter using a hair dryer.

So far I have narrowed it down the either the Escape 19, or the 5.0. Also there are some very light weight aluminum options out there like the “Camplite” or the “TrailManor” but to me they are not as homey and inviting as the Escapes are. Also I have always been a fan of fiberglass.

Sincerely

Larry and Janet
Old 05-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #54

Registry
Larry, come on up to Osoyoos this weekend, and see lots and lots of different Escape trailers, and owners too.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #55

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
[QUOTE=tannerls;311482] My wife also wants a shower although it is my laymen’s opinion that if one is going to dry camp in the Sierras (no hookups) you will not be wasting a lot of water taking a shower and for that matter using a hair dryer.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Well thats where you have it all wrong!!!

The only reason I have the shower and actually use it IS WHEN dry camping! Most have shutoffs right on the shower handle so one can shower while using little water. So when you camp in the Sierras all you need to do is keep a water container in the back of the tow so when you head out to explore the area and pass a place with water you grab a portable refill.

Hair dry well thats what solar panels are for :-)))
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #56

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe 1998
Larry and Janet,

Your postings and identification (California and Sierra camping) seems to indicate that we may be in the same general area. My wife and I now have a 19 foot Escape, and formally owned a 17 foot Casita Freedom Deluxe (I'm 6'3" and wanted the additional space). If you are interested in looking at either/both trailers in order to get a up close look at their features (a close friend purchased our much-loved Casita) we live in the foothills near Sacramento. Please feel free to private message me though the forum if you would like to arrange a look-see.

Thanks,

Bret and Ellen
Bret Tresidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #57

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Bret,
There is an escape owner 19 footer i think near pollock pines or placerville on the escape forum. Didn't know if you already knew or not. Bruce W. Thought you may want to say hello some day.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #58

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret Tresidder View Post
Larry and Janet,

Your postings and identification (California and Sierra camping) seems to indicate that we may be in the same general area. My wife and I now have a 19 foot Escape, and formally owned a 17 foot Casita Freedom Deluxe (I'm 6'3" and wanted the additional space). If you are interested in looking at either/both trailers in order to get a up close look at their features (a close friend purchased our much-loved Casita) we live in the foothills near Sacramento. Please feel free to private message me though the forum if you would like to arrange a look-see.

Thanks,

Bret and Ellen
Thank you Bret and Ellen: There is nothing like seeing first hand what everyone is talking about. If I can make it up there soon I will private message you.

Sincerely

Larry & Janet
Old 05-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #59

California
Quote:
Larry, come on up to Osoyoos this weekend, and see lots and lots of different Escape trailers, and owners too.
Jim: My wife and I would love to see all the toys up there in Osoyoos but we are clear down here in crowded SoCal. But since retiring last year we are thinking about getting out of here. Perhaps move up to the Pacific Northwest somewhere.

Sincerely

Larry & Janet
Old 05-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #60

California
[QUOTE=Carol H;311595]
Quote:
My wife also wants a shower although it is my laymen’s opinion that if one is going to dry camp in the Sierras (no hookups) you will not be wasting a lot of water taking a shower and for that matter using a hair dryer.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Well thats where you have it all wrong!!!

The only reason I have the shower and actually use it IS WHEN dry camping! Most have shutoffs right on the shower handle so one can shower while using little water. So when you camp in the Sierras all you need to do is keep a water container in the back of the tow so when you head out to explore the area and pass a place with water you grab a portable refill.

Hair dry well thats what solar panels are for :-)))
Carol:
Thanks for the helpful information. I am new at this and made an incorrect assumption. I keep thinking of the days when I went tent camping with my parents. Being uncomfortable, too cold, not sleeping very well, no shower for a few days and in general, feeling awful. At 61 I really appreciate the creature comforts. I need to remind myself that camping in a nice trailer should be a pleasant experience.

Sincerely

Larry & Janet

Tags
casita, escape