Casita's new interior - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-14-2019, 10:05 AM   #15

Name: Randy
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Minnesota
Well put me down for one that absolutely hates the new interior. I would not be purchasing a Casita today if this were the only choice, which it is.

I'll take the warm glow of fake wood any day rather than suffering in a camper that's grey. A little poem for ya

Randy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:56 AM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I have some friends that freshened up a 2006 Casita with a coat of paint on the cupboard doors, new curtains to compliment the upholstery and duvet cover. Bright! No one says you ever have to stay 'stock.' YMMV
Attached Thumbnails
2006.jpg  

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:26 AM   #17

Name: Steve
Trailer: Casita 17 ft DLX SD & 21 ft SOB
NW Wisconsin
You can describe the new Casita interior with any adjective you choose , mine would be BUTT UGLY . We own a 2013 Casita and if the only interior available at our time of purchase was the gray , we would have walked , no ran away !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #18

Name: Robert
Trailer: In the market
NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Fortunately, paint for cupboard doors, fabric for curtains, upholstery and flooring are all relatively inexpensive (except maybe the upholstery...). Besides, all that stuff will become 'dated' or worn out given enough time. Too those are the easiest items to change when an owner wishes to freshen up their trailer. Yesterday's brown and today's gray may become tomorrow's soft green. I'd never buy a trailer because I was impressed with the color 'scheme,' when there are so many other factors to consider. YMMV
We get the shiny here in Australia as they so much easier to clean
https://avidarv.com.au/2014/07/07/in...caravan-range/
RobertRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Name: Brian
Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I have some friends that freshened up a 2006 Casita with a coat of paint on the cupboard doors, new curtains to compliment the upholstery and duvet cover. Bright! No one says you ever have to stay 'stock.' YMMV

Yep! Thatís our 2003 Casita that I painted 3 years ago! Donna is right, paint, flooring, and fabric (sorta) is all pretty inexpensive. In fact in the 13 years weíve owned our Casita, Iíve put in two floors, two new curtains, new upholstery, painted cabinets once (so far), and two new ďtileĒ backsplashes.

To each his own, but ALL RV manufacturers in my interior design opinion are WAY behind current style trends.

And yes, all RV makers do pretty lame photography of their interiors. Backgrounds are now just Photoshopped in (poorly) I might add.
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:23 PM   #20

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I like it. I didn't like those brown swirly colored seats so I made some covers for them in my trailer.

I wonder if the vinyl floor is now standard? The gray and the fake floor look nice together.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:47 PM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: 2015 Oliver 23, Ram Cummins
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
One thing that's sure to always be in, though, are photos of scenery stuck to the outside of the windows, and either coffee or wine glasses in every interior photo.
Thanks for saving me the trouble of saying the same thing.

I think the new interior looks very nice. Modern, clean and full of place settings!
Old 03-14-2019, 06:40 PM   #22

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I really like it and getting rid of the carpet on the floor is a good move too! Shows they are starting to respond to the market. Good!
Old 03-15-2019, 07:47 AM   #23

Name: Daniel
Trailer: '82 Burro 13'
Northern VA
I kinda like the interior in that any decorative features could be more colorful to give it a pop. It's a starting point. Owners make it their own.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:14 AM   #24

Name: Fred
Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Kootenay's of BC
Registry
I like the "new" look. Robert did the Nest in the same look a few years ago. Fake wood has a certain appeal too though. Maybe Casita thinks all the fake wood buyers have bought and are after the Nest buyers.
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #25

Name: Steve
Trailer: Lite House
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Brown is out, grey is in.
It sure is. I recently saw a house done up like that, different shades of gray everywhere, and frankly it looked pretty cold and uninviting to me. Not as big a deal in a camper, and just my opinion anyway.
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:10 AM   #26

Name: Al
Trailer: Casita
Louisiana
Casita Interior Renovation

I acquired an old nasty Casita and ripped out all the interior. I like the warm wood look so I made my whole new cabinets out of quarter inch birch with oak trim. I hated the carpeted walls so I replace them with grass cloth and reflectics insulation. I realize itís an extreme makeover but I was pleased with the finished product
Attached Thumbnails
C3B471A1-28B3-4DCC-BBAA-C2DD8B50823D.jpg   BFEF9547-4A60-4755-815B-49772D54B2BB.jpg  

D31CDF0A-D396-42A9-9F79-9C80236BFBA3.jpg  
Altemplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:16 AM   #27

Name: Michael
Trailer: Airstream
Connecticut
The posts so far validate that tastes differ, and one design does not appeal to all.

I think in general, the RV Industry serving North America has done an awful job with interiors. Updating them to a tasteful design doesn't necessarily mean more modern....it can mean timeless and classic if done thoughtfully. Good design doesn't have to cost more in terms of materials.

Many of the European lightweight trailers tend to have more modern design, but most of them look cleaner with better utilization of space than what we get here.

The Hymer Touring GT is (available here in the U.S) is close to an example of what I'm talking about https://www.gohymer.com/touring-gt-overview/
pedalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #28

Name: John
Trailer: 2015 Oliver 23, Ram Cummins
Smith Valley, Nevada
Al,

That is a beautiful interior.

With interiors, it's not just the "look", it's also the quality of the materials. A picture of wood, glued to a surface, just doesn't make me feel warm, or look like quality, or hold up well to a lot of use.

Your interior is beautiful and extremely well done with great materials. That is a nice place to spend some time. Thanks for the pictures.

Tags
casita