Casita's new interior - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2019, 06:19 PM   #41

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick46 View Post
Can't believe that someone would actually install paneling OVER carpeting...but you just never know any more!
Wasn't really planning on gutting the unit out...just pulling out the carpets on the walls and overhead, install insulation boards down first, and put my paneling on top of that...but we'll see.
You just never know!
Would probably be a good idea to read/look through the threads from folks that have done that. Even with your stick built experience, a FG egg is a different chicken .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:38 PM   #42

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
I think it would be nice to have the choice of some real wood rather than the fake oak or the grey. That stuff is too heavy and the new gray look like they have edge banding which will probably come loose over time. Simple wood panel doors are light and easy to make. Did mine in pine and 5 years latter they are still looking good. The divider and drawer front were changed out as well
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0083 (Medium).JPG  
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:57 AM   #43

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick46 View Post
Can't believe that someone would actually install paneling OVER carpeting...but you just never know any more!
The carpet was in good condition, clean, and securely attached, and the paneling was just a cosmetic covering. I don't think it's crazy at all. For one thing, it's easily reversible if a future owner wants the carpet back. One person's "beautiful" is another's "what were they thinking."

Personally I prefer a soft-touch surface in a small trailer, since you'll brush against it a lot. The fuzzy, carpet-like, marine-grade headliner used by Scamp is durable and cleanable, if not high style. This one has been dressed up with paint and fabric without changing the wall covering.
Click image for larger version

Name:	<a title=Scamp Interior.jpg Views: 35 Size: 80.0 KB ID: 128509" style="margin: 2px" />

Others may prefer the wood interior in a Relic.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Relic Interior.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	128508

Both are 13' all-molded trailers. The Relic, as you would expect, costs quite a bit more.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 02:41 PM   #44

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
The carpet was in good condition, clean, and securely attached, and the paneling was just a cosmetic covering. I don't think it's crazy at all. For one thing, it's easily reversible if a future owner wants the carpet back. One person's "beautiful" is another's "what were they thinking."

Personally I prefer a soft-touch surface in a small trailer, since you'll brush against it a lot. The fuzzy, carpet-like, marine-grade headliner used by Scamp is durable and cleanable, if not high style. This one has been dressed up with paint and fabric without changing the wall covering.
Attachment 128509

Others may prefer the wood interior in a Relic.
Attachment 128508

Both are 13' all-molded trailers. The Relic, as you would expect, costs quite a bit more.
Wow outstanding!
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:52 AM   #45

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Yeah, now this is more of what we're thinking.

Thanx for posting this Jon!

now, if I can only slow down the ideas in my head long enough...
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita