Ceiling Vent - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2017, 06:17 AM   #1

Name: jeff
Trailer: cloud
Michigan
Ceiling Vent

So I am going to need a new ceiling fan/vent in my 13' camper. Is the Fan-tastic fan the way to go? Is one better than another on power usage? Don't think i'll be needing a remote control, but is a auto rain shut something to think about. Not even sure how many different makes there are, but I'm sure there is a few.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:42 AM   #2

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
We have had a Fantastic Fan for over 3 years but, newer campers seem to be utilizing the Maxx Fan.

We have almost never used anything but the lowest speed and have often wished that there was a lower speed available. A choice of ten speeds might be better? The lowest speed on the Fantastic Fan consumes 1.86 amps.

Because the fan is located pretty much over the center of the bed, you either need to really stretch or else climb up on the bed to reach the controls.

The Fantastic Fan seems to stick up a bit higher than the Maxx Fan. Without an even higher FantasticVent cover, there have been some reports of leaking during a rain storm. Supposedly a MaxxFan is less prone to leaks without an additional cover?

Just some food for thought ...

Good luck with your decision!

Ray

Sent from my SM-G930V using Fiberglass RV mobile app
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote