Change coming in my life - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Change coming in my life

I’m sending my 34 ft stickie on consignment to an Rv dealer in Prescott, AZ. My only trailer will be my Escape 19 which I’ll use for fun? For rallies, for wintering in warmer places than Michigan. I used it in AZ winters before and will again. Don’t know why I went off the deep end and bought a stickie. Slow learner?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:11 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
No, not a slow learning. Life teaches us lessons every. single. day. If we knew what tomorrow would bring, we may choose to do something different today.

I have several friends that winter in stickies in Arizona. They move their trailers into storage when they're not there, move it back into the park setting for winter. Yes, they pay storage fees, but figured the loss from selling would offset those storage fees for several years. And in several years they may be on a completely different life path.

I wish you well Bob!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
will forgive you and welcome back into the fold now that you have come to your senses. Welcome home.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #4

Michigan
I never left the fold. I was living in two worlds. The stickie world and the molded fiberglass world. I’m leaving the stickie world but staying in the molded fiberglass world.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
We went from a Casita to a 35' class A. Now down sized to the Campster. Like you, I was living in two worlds. Even though I didn't own a fiberglass RV for 4 years, I was still stalking this site until I found the Campster.

We found the class A to be a pain to maintain and getting ready for a trip wore us out. We are happy to be ready to grab and go, and to be able to get into places that were off limits for 4 years.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:30 AM   #6

Name: Marge
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Haha, we're living in 2 worlds too, but the opposite direction. We've had a teardrop for the last 8 years which is wonderful, easy to tow and roll around. And the variety of teardrops out there is astounding and oh so fun! But after a couple of trips in really harsh weather, I decided I wanted an indoor kitchen and bath and to be able to stand up inside. So we recently got a 17' Casita. It feels absolutely HUGE! We've enjoyed a couple of fiberglass rallies, and are also hoping to be accepted with the Casita at our next teardrop gathering...
margeleept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:40 PM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by margeleept View Post
and are also hoping to be accepted with the Casita at our next teardrop gathering...

Just tell them the TDs in the shop
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:47 PM   #8

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
At our recreational riverfront property, we have a 34' fifth wheel which stays there. It is our "cabin". Great to use the kitchen facilities, bathroom and shower.
But we bring our Outback with us and that is where we sleep. Regardless of whether we come just the 2 of us or have company. And we've been the recipient of some pretty confused, incredulous looks when we tell our guests that the fifth wheel is for them....we'll be sleeping in the "little trailer".
THAT??? they usually say, with a pointed finger. Yup. That.

We live in two worlds...but by choice we prefer our fibreglass egg.

I can still remember the comment from the campground owner of the large (over 500 site) RV campground we stayed at in Florida---as we all walked out of the office to get into his golfcart to be driven around to pick out our site, he said "where is your unit?" We pointed to our egg. He looked at us and said "you two must reallllllly love each other!!".
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:27 PM   #9

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Marilyn and I live in two worlds as well.
When we are going someplace and stay in an RV park that has showers and flush toilettes and when we go south in the winter we use the Boler.
When we stay in parks that don't, we take shower and flusher with us in the 5th wheel we bought this year.
BC has the most beautiful provincial parks but amenities are lacking in a lot of them!!
I live in a third world as well cause when I take the motorcycle the one man tent is perfect!!
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:58 PM   #10

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
... So we recently got a 17' Casita. It feels absolutely HUGE! We've enjoyed a couple of fiberglass rallies, and are also hoping to be accepted with the Casita at our next teardrop gathering...
hah. bet you catch all the TD'ers who've been at it awhile studying your casita very closely :-p
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:16 PM   #11

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
Quote:
Haha, we're living in 2 worlds too, but the opposite direction. We've had a teardrop for the last 8 years which is wonderful, easy to tow and roll around. And the variety of teardrops out there is astounding and oh so fun! But after a couple of trips in really harsh weather, I decided I wanted an indoor kitchen and bath and to be able to stand up inside. So we recently got a 17' Casita. It feels absolutely HUGE! We've enjoyed a couple of fiberglass rallies, and are also hoping to be accepted with the Casita at our next teardrop gathering...
We moved up from a pop up to a 16'Casita with bath and kitchen and are SOOOO HAPPY. As older folks, the security of solid walls and a bath close by is absolutely wonderful. Congrats on your '17.
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:55 AM   #12

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We bought the Bigfoot Silver Cloud for wintering in the south when I retire, as well as attending rallies. We just bought our northern retirement home too last weekend, to get out of Chicago. I have a couple of years to work yet and can take the train into the city. The only down side of the new house is that we will still have to store our Bigfoot at a storage facility. There is no room at the new house. At least, though, we can back it into the driveway when we need to work on it. Here in Oak Park, all the work has had to be done on the street with cars whizzing by.

CindyL
Old 01-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #13

Michigan
I live in the country on 50 wooded acres. I have a carport in front of my garage where I keep my Escape. It’s under cover and fairly close to my back door so loading and unloading is pretty easy. Certainly glad I don’t have any restrictions on space or HOA regulations. I can pretty much do what I want regarding my trailer.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:37 AM   #14

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
We bought the Bigfoot Silver Cloud for wintering in the south when I retire, as well as attending rallies. We just bought our northern retirement home too last weekend, to get out of Chicago. I have a couple of years to work yet and can take the train into the city. The only down side of the new house is that we will still have to store our Bigfoot at a storage facility. There is no room at the new house. At least, though, we can back it into the driveway when we need to work on it. Here in Oak Park, all the work has had to be done on the street with cars whizzing by.

CindyL
With a Silver Cloud I doubt you'd ever be tempted to buy a stickie for "more room". The Silver Cloud is one trailer that gives you the best of both worlds.