Chat with the inventor of the PLAYPAC - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2017, 08:10 AM   #101

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanx for the pix. Looks like you had fun. I am working onThe First Playpac Reunion. I will post info soon on this site and the Playpac Pack site on Facebook. Hope you will be able to make it next summer
steven whysel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:18 AM   #102

Trailer: 1973 Play Pac
Registry
I'm not on FB anymore but I'd definitely be in for a PP rally. I'm at River Bend Campground in Hiawassee, Ga. next Monday and will post more pics, new paint job, inside pics.
ricky w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:18 AM   #103

Trailer: 1973 Play Pac
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	12193598_10207573075381987_1388923435720045999_n.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	109625
ricky w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:07 AM   #104

Playpac Reunion????

Hey guys, have you heard about The Second Annual Florida Eggs-travaganza?
It will be held at : Spirit of the Suwanee Music Park in Live Oak Florida , January 12-15 2018. If one or more of my Playpac "adopted parents" plans to attend I would be happy to host our own little shindig. Please let me know when you book your space.
Happy trails,
Steve Whysel (PaPac)
Old 05-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #105

Name: Buggeee
Trailer: Playpac
OH
VW finally got it!!!

Steve - I thought you might like a picture of the new (to me) tow vehicle for my Playpac. Its a 1983 VW Vanagon Westfalia with an air-cooled 2.0 engine. It took VW designers 10 years to catch up to your vision of the future!

I knew as soon as I got my Playpac home that it would one day be pulled behind a Vanagon and I finally landed one. They look great together. My wife and I are in the Playpac honeymoon suite and the kiddos are in the Vanagon Westfalia.

Thank you so much for your vision!!!!! I love waking up to look at the trees through my dome skylight.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190524_183744522_HDR.jpg   IMG_20190525_111251620.jpg  

IMG_20190525_062404113.jpg  
Buggeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:35 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggeee View Post
Steve - I thought you might like a picture of the new (to me) tow vehicle for my Playpac. Its a 1983 VW Vanagon Westfalia with an air-cooled 2.0 engine. It took VW designers 10 years to catch up to your vision of the future!

I knew as soon as I got my Playpac home that it would one day be pulled behind a Vanagon and I finally landed one. They look great together. My wife and I are in the Playpac honeymoon suite and the kiddos are in the Vanagon Westfalia.

Thank you so much for your vision!!!!! I love waking up to look at the trees through my dome skylight.
Good day, love love what you've built, found and brought back to life! Wish I could convince you to visit my wife and me in Florida only 45 min to Disney Land in Orlando. She has never seen one. Fortunately my two kids did get to spend some time in one of the first ones built.
Next time you are at a camp ground w/ family please send a picture.
I just celebrated my 80th bd and still hummin along. Using the VW camper was a great solution to the privacy situation. If you would email me a picture of the camper and Playpac that would be much appreciated. Did you convert the closet to a shower or do you just use it with a port-a-potty? Well that's it for today and happy trails to to and your family
Steve
Old 05-30-2019, 10:23 PM   #107

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Steven, just a thought. Hover over the photo, right-click, and select 'save image as' in your photos folder on your computer. I just did that myself, so I could send a copy to my daughter. She'll love seeing this rig.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:44 AM   #108

Name: Buggeee
Trailer: Playpac
OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven whysel View Post
Good day, love love what you've built, found and brought back to life! Wish I could convince you to visit my wife and me in Florida only 45 min to Disney Land in Orlando. She has never seen one. Fortunately my two kids did get to spend some time in one of the first ones built.
Next time you are at a camp ground w/ family please send a picture.
I just celebrated my 80th bd and still hummin along. Using the VW camper was a great solution to the privacy situation. If you would email me a picture of the camper and Playpac that would be much appreciated. Did you convert the closet to a shower or do you just use it with a port-a-potty? Well that's it for today and happy trails to to and your family
Steve
Steve if you private message me with your e-mail address I'd be happy to send you some pictures that way.

In the closet, I have installed a proper flush toilet with a small holding tank underneath as my wife does not like the pits at campgrounds.

I've put a tank with 40 gallons of fresh water under one of the seats with a water pump so we have running water. I put a large bank of batteries under the other seat. Also a floor standing air conditioner in the kitchen area next to a large chest freezer running at refrigerator temperatures. I have some flexible solar panels I can put out and we can run in the wild indefinitely as long as we have sun. Without any charging I can run for three full days just on the batteries alone.

You said hello to me in my build thread early on but I've done a lot since then. The link is below in my signature block of this post. Glad to hear you are doing well! We are in Ohio but if I would ever make it to Florida, yours is the first stop I would want to make.
Buggeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:34 PM   #109

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: PlayPac Hitch Hut
North Carolina
New to the PlayPac fold

Hi all. I just purchased a PlayPac trailer and am thankful I found this site. Not sure of my trailer's history but purchased it in NC. The insides have been gutted so its just the fiberglass shell on the original trailer frame. Learning the uniqueness of my lil' gem has me inspired along with all your great posts and pics.

Here are some before shots. Working on how to get to the finished camper but can't wait to get my girl on the road.

Carolyn
Attached Thumbnails
2 of 12.GIF   3 of 12.GIF  

4 of 12.GIF   5 of 12.GIF  

Cam in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:37 PM   #110

North Carolina
New to the PlayPac fold

more before pics
Attached Thumbnails
7 of 12.GIF   8 of 12.GIF  

12 of 12.GIF  
Old 10-15-2020, 12:55 PM   #111

Click image for larger version

Name:	pg 5 illustration.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	138082
I guess my penchant to explore new avenues which led me to invent the PLAYPAC, just Led me to publish my first book. The Adventurous Squirrels of Cool Waters Cove, an illustrated children’s book for ages 2-8. It is not only fun but more importantly it contains two important messages for young minds,
It can be purchased at Amazon, other sites or at your local book store. Follow us at
www.swhyseladventuroussquirrels.art.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:59 AM   #112

PLAYPAC’s 50 th Reunion.
How about Playpac owners meet next Summer at a campground near Disney World in Florida .
The first 5 to respond & attend will get the first day’s fee at no charge. Complements of PaPac & Mrs. PaPac. What are your thoughts?
Old 10-30-2021, 09:23 AM   #113

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
PLAYPAC’s 50 th Reunion.
How about Playpac owners meet next Summer at a campground near Disney World in Florida .
The first 5 to respond & attend will get the first day’s fee at no charge. Complements of PaPac & Mrs. PaPac. What are your thoughts?
Don't own one, but I have to ask: summer in Orlando? Really?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 09:25 AM   #114

North Carolina
Quote:
PLAYPAC’s 50 th Reunion.
Great idea! Count me in on attending. It will give me great motivationt to get going on my trailer's remodel. Can't wait to see all of the other PlayPackers!!
Old 10-30-2021, 11:54 AM   #115

PLAYPAC’s 50 th Anniversary Meet

Hi Playpackers, how about a party/meet to celebrate my “baby’s” 50th anniversary? It would be held at a campground near Disney World in Central Florida next Summer. The first 5 who respond and attend will get the first night as a gift from me and Mrs.PaPac.
What are your thoughts?
Steve Whysel AKA PaPac
Old 10-30-2021, 06:08 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam in Carolina View Post
Great idea! Count me in on attending. It will give me great motivationt to get going on my trailer's remodel. Can't wait to see all of the other PlayPackers!!
Cam, great news, I look forward to meeting you. The reasons why I picked the Summer for a meet was two fold. First that’s when most working people take their vacations and second the costs in Florida are best during the Summer. However, if the majority of the first 5 who plan on attending wish to come during the winter that would also be ok with me. I will be 83 by next March and would not like to drive much farther than Orlando.
We will PARTY my friend!
Old 10-31-2021, 07:12 PM   #117

Quote:
Cam, great news, I look forward to meeting you. The reasons why I picked the Summer for a meet was two fold. First that’s when most working people take their vacations and second the costs in Florida are best during the Summer. However, if the majority of the first 5 who plan on attending wish to come during the winter that would also be ok with me. I will be 83 by next March and would not like to drive much farther than Orlando.
We will PARTY my friend!

Hi Cam, a third Playpacker has accepted my invitation at The Playpac Pack site on Facebook. It will be a blast, can’t wait.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:37 AM   #118

Smile PLAYPAC’s 50 Years Reunion

Hi Playpackers, Have you seen the thread announcing a Meet/Rallye to celebrate PLAYPAC’s 50th Anniversary? We will meet this coming Summer at a campground near Disney World in Orlando, FL. For the first five Playpackers who commit and attend I will pay for their first night’s campground fee. Happily 3 Playpackers have already committed.
We will party! Hope to see you there. A date and location will be announced early next year.
Steve Whysel AKA PaPac