Check out this Australian rental - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2016, 07:07 PM   #1

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
Check out this Australian rental

Check out this Youtube video of a rental camper in Australia.

3 items I especially liked and wonder WHY these are not available in North America are as follows:

1. The sink/cook top cabinet and appliances are well designed and compact.

2. The toilet design and function are excellent. The waste "Cassette" is a heck of a lot better idea than a "stinky slinky". This would be PERFECT for a fiberglass egg trailer!

3. The safety features in the electrical wiring for the kitchen, bath and shore power should required for all RV's.

Watch the video and let's hear your opinions & reviews!

vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:51 PM   #2

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Don't see much in that video that MFG campers don't have, aside from being self-propelled. My Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 has a nicely-designed galley, a 4-person dinette that turns into a bed (and another two-person dinette that does, too), switches and breakers for the appliances, a three-way fridge, and a compact wet bath. Some MFGs offer cassette toilets instead of black-water tanks (an ongoing debate as to which is better). Sure, I wouldn't mind having a Mercedes-based Maui (Motek) motorhome, but then I've got a Ford Expedition and a Casita travel trailer, both for probably less than the Maui by itself would cost.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
I prefer a LPG/Electric Fridge not battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
Don't see much in that video that MFG campers don't have, aside from being self-propelled. My Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 has a nicely-designed galley, a 4-person dinette that turns into a bed (and another two-person dinette that does, too), switches and breakers for the appliances, a three-way fridge, and a compact wet bath. Some MFGs offer cassette toilets instead of black-water tanks (an ongoing debate as to which is better). Sure, I wouldn't mind having a Mercedes-based Maui (Motek) motorhome, but then I've got a Ford Expedition and a Casita travel trailer, both for probably less than the Maui by itself would cost.

/Mr Lynn
: it uses very little propane and I keep it on 24/7 as I do not want my insulin to spoil or our food, I cannot just walk into a Pharmacy here in the USA and buy Insulin, battery cannot keep it cool enough for a 2 door fridge Freezer, we have a set up walk around queen, seating at the table for 4 and the MH can sleep 4 if needed. We tow Little Kar behind so we have Transportation when we arrive. But what we really need after doing this for the past 10 or so years is more room in the Kitchen area so were looking at the 2017 Winnebago Vista 28E one slide on the drivers side from front to back and u can still use the total MH with the slide in. We've now hit 85,000miles on this unit and we put 70,000 of them on.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:50 PM   #4

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
nuttin' exciting me.....

looks really cramped (the guy in the kitchen) don't see anything new or "improved"......and the cassette toilet deal ???? oh please.... yeah I would just love to walk through a busy campground pulling my little sh** tank all the way to a dump station.....and then having to POUR it out.....

for the life of me I will NEVER understand this phobia some people have about their "stinky slinky" (as they call it)
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:00 PM   #5

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
and another thing in that video....

the way that "cassete toilet" works is exactly the same as mine "works"...and it's twenty years old!!!!....where's the innovation there???

and what about that "tip" about lifting the seat?????????????? Hellooo Boys, you're in a WET BATH.....SIT the heck DOWN.....just like the ladies (when you're in MY trailer anyways)....sheeesh!
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I see the SMEV appliances pop up on eBay every once in a while. If you like them, you can put them in your U-Haul Mike. For me the sink is too shallow.

The rest of it, different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't trade what I have for what I saw in the video.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #7

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
I also don't see much there that would be so special in terms of features. That shore power cord engine start interlock is simply weird. A quick look around and under is always advisable before pulling away, for many reasons, not just the power cord. And yes, boys, do sit down! It's just as easy.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:44 AM   #8

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
For the life of me I will NEVER understand this phobia some people have about their "stinky slinky" (as they call it)
Oh my!

You have forced me into therapy for my "phobia"!
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Dont worry...wont ever be in YOUR RV...you'll never "feminize" THIS old man .

Quote:
and what about that "tip" about lifting the seat?????????????? Hellooo Boys, you're in a WET BATH.....SIT the heck DOWN.....just like the ladies (when you're in MY trailer anyways)....sheeesh!
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:15 AM   #10

British Columbia
I have a similar slogan in our home bathrooms and the MH

Quote:
the way that "cassete toilet" works is exactly the same as mine "works"...and it's twenty years old!!!!....where's the innovation there???

: I'se the one who cleans the toilet and if I find any of your tinkle on the walls or floor I'se bottle mine and bring it to your house and drop around the most notable areas.
Please set down when crapping and tinkling.
I clean all bathrooms, my wife is good with the Slinky but I assist when cleaning out as it takes two for the job especially with the design of cleaning out the crapper well.
Stude
Old 08-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
Dont worry...wont ever be in YOUR RV...you'll never "feminize" THIS old man .
Sounds like you were never in the military and never cleaned the latrines.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #12

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Sit down? Hey, it's a wet bath, right? Just run the shower and auto-magically wash off all the splatter!

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:33 AM   #13

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
[QUOTE=Mr Lynn;601363]Sit down? Hey, it's a wet bath, right? Just run the shower and auto-magically wash off all the splatter!

Good one Lynn. Funny. "Kill two birds with one stone"...sheesh that sounds weird for a bathroom...
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
Sit down? Hey, it's a wet bath, right? Just run the shower and auto-magically wash off all the splatter!

/Mr Lynn
Flippin' waste of water when there's a simple/private solution.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #15

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Sorry. Now spoilt by our Silver Cloud. Won't go back. My only envy is a working refrigerator and no sway. I get an inheritance in the near future, so those will be taken care of. Then, no envy. It might be something I would rent, though, should I ever visit Australia.

CindyL
Old 08-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #16

British Columbia
Donna D U never been in the ladies at the shopping MALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Sounds like you were never in the military and never cleaned the latrines.
: u got that right but have u ever been a Janitor and seen what the ladies toilets, sinks, floors can be like in a Shopping center at back of the food Fair, I will never tell anyone what they were like unless u want to go there and see for your self. Occasionally when not running the floor Machines I got the job of cleaning all the Washrooms on all the floors (6) with washrooms all over the place but the worst were the above. I'm pretty sure the boys in Blue, Green, Tan or what ever were never this bad. I did this job for a whole 2 years until times got better and so did my work.
Stude