Check this Out!-Utlitoy? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #15
Name: Pete
Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Ok so to be fair and not an old fogie, I made a Manhatten and took another look.
I didn't see anything I couldn't get with a regular utility trailer with a window stuck in it for a lot less money.
I was right, All that flash was to mask the fact it's just a very expensive utility trailer.
My mind's made up.
And all it took was one Manhatten.

pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #16
Name: Pamela
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Poorly designed site aside, it looks like just a variation on a teardrop camper. I'd rather spend the same amount of money and get an older used egg camper. Much more useful for what I want, and more economical. (Of course, we're still looking for a cheap fixer-upper, and saving the money to buy one as we go.)

Pamela S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #17
Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Boy you guys are one tough room!

I agree the site is a complete waste of my time annd detracts entirely from any simple message they may be sending......I hope.

I also think it is rather expensive on first look.
But I will have to give it a Looksie and report back since it is so close by.

It is interesting though. Materials are not too common and like Pete I was curious about the LED package that I just assumed was for providing light not just effect?

If it is well put together I think it may have an audience but the Little Guy line is I think about 1/2 the price and more conventional too.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #18
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
This Fuddy Duddy is trying to be objective.

Most things about site layout were not too bad, links all right there, no scrolling except in a dialog box. The sounds effects are terrible, truly annoying. If they just undazzled it a wee bit, I think it would be just fine. I have seem many sights in the travel trailer industry that are much, much worse.

The product is a great concept, in my opinion. Something a step up from a tent, you can store all your gear and quickly get away. Nice and watertight. It also doubles as a good small utility trailer.

The base cost should be lower, for sure.

Nothing I would buy at this time, but for someone wanting something easier to deal with then camping with a tent, and be able to combine the same trailer for utility use, this would be a product worth looking at. My hat is off to the guy for some good minimalist thinking.
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #19
Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
No waiting for me...but on the topic of utili-toy, let me think this one through. First you tow the thing to your destination presumably with a larger car or truck, with ATV inside, then you hook up utilitoy to an ATV (stored inside) and pull it ...where?... ?

That combination of tow vehicle and trailer does not inspire confidence..
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #20
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
No waiting for me...but on the topic of utili-toy, let me think this one through. First you tow the thing to your destination presumably with a larger car or truck, with ATV inside, then you hook up utilitoy to an ATV (stored inside) and pull it ...where?... ?

That combination of tow vehicle and trailer does not inspire confidence..
Hunters may well love this thing. I've got a passel of friends that hunt the back country on ATVs, pulling small utility trailers.... then they setup a big ole army-style tent (think stinky oil). But, then again they're mostly the younger generation... I'd rather be plugged in where I can run my blender... or fix a Manhattan!
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #21
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Website was so horrible, I am not sure after browsing for a bit that I really know what the product is or looks like. I gave up. Hope they didn't pay much to have the site built.
Scamp Owners International
2005 Escape 17-B
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #22
Trailer: 2002 13 ft Scamp
North Dakota
I thought it was a pretty neat thing, if that's what you're after. I just have different needs and wants--and I'm completely in love with my Scamp. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would look at this and see exactly what they want there.

But the real reason I couldn't ever consider one of these has nothing to do with the camper. They've misspelled "guarantee" on their navigation buttons. Garrantee. I can't shut off the English Teacher in my head.

Karen B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #23
Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
that is surely nothing I would invest in. Just think, traveling down the highway in a tractor and hauling that thing. What a waste of $$. I will stick with my Casita, thank you.
Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #24
Trailer: Casita
My point is the Millenials are coming... no, they're here and they ain't us. The young adults of today expect websites to be edutainment. Not just education and not just entertainment. Most of us are still in the just-show-me-what-I want-to-know stage. Trust me, I feel your pain, it's counterintuitive to my own wants too. All I can tell you, is get used to it... we're never going back.
Good point Donna... the coming world is theirs not ours. In my lifetime I have turned over its ownership to the young with hula hoops, lava lamps, pet rocks, disco, U2-Doran Doran, and Y2k so I suppose Flash is just another way to sink me yet deeper into the muddy cauldron of epistemological jello we call..... youth.

Getting old sucks if you let it.

ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote