Chinese T@B ? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-20-2006, 04:45 PM   #15
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson

If you like the tortured english...
I always get a chuckle or two from the ESL English techinal manuals I have to read, nowadays.

There's The Queen's English
and American English
now add English as a Second Language English

Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:22 PM   #16
Name: Michael
Trailer: Amerigo & Trailmanor (popupish)
I'd LOVE to see more import trailers over here. That would really shake things up. The RV industry here is mostly dull as dirt with a hundred companies copying each other left and right and MUCH too little real variation and innovation. One thing which bothers me is when companies compete through sameness. The pop-up market is the worst - with minor variations they're all exactly the same. Blech!

Among the trends/features available elsewhere I'd love to see here:

Nicer awnings - take a look at the sort of "add-a-room" type things they typically have on european caravans. They're spectacular! (Kinda like cabin tents that attach to the side of the trailer - except they look more like little cabins and less like tents) Compare that to what we've got here - little more than tarps. ugh!

Pop-Top trailers - Basically like the Compact trailers. They fold-down, but just enough to fit into a traditional garage. Allows MUCH more efficient storage than a conventional pop-up.

(as above) Curves... In brief, bent wood looks pretty, REALLY pretty! It's also remarkably strong, which is handy. The sweeping lines of those interiors easily trump the rectilinear monstrosities.

Tent trailers - Much like the other chinese trailer on the link above. I think Coleman used to have a small one like this - but some of the Euro ones are REALLY elaborate! These would be ideal for someone who really liked tent camping fine - but who's back couldn't handle it anymore.

Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote