Chronicals of an Official Workamper... - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #61

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Almost sad...

Ever walk through a closed campground? You see blank noteboards..no signs reminding you of bears, snakes, or the stupid "Leash your dog" pink one with the dog on a leash whose head looks like it was traced from a shadow puppet? It's kinda sad and weird, isn't it?

I took all those goofy signs down today.

No dumpster or trash cans.. they took those away today too. I closed down all the bathrooms, (Except for 1 lonely stall.. my black tank is full and since it's just me for 2 more days.. I can live with it LOL!) All the hoses are removed and drained to prevent winter damage.. and theft. The rest of the unsavory cleaning and winter prep is done, and all the doors locked.

The sites are not raked.. why bother?.. the snow will just ruin them again, but the trash is picked up, and the tables cleared.

The dogs no longer need to ride in the kennel in the back of the golfcart, they can ride on the seat with me.. there are no other dogs here to distract them.

The full time host has spent 3 days.. and two flatbed trailers full, trying to clear out her things, and it still hasn't put a dent into it. Mine will take my usual hour or so, if I am leisurely.. I lived here as I would any other camping trip, not bringing the kitchen sink.. and not missing it, and all I have to do is pack what little there is into the spaces already well established for them.

I will strip all the curtains and bedding, and "Hose" out the inside while I am here. Its amazing how gunky a rig can get when you are living in it.. be it full or part time, and you have little time to attend to it because you are cleaning up after everyone else. When I pull out, I will take the Burro up front and use the full dump and give it it's first thorough hose out all summer. It will be ready to back into my driveway and forget about "Until the next trip"

I am officially "Off" and done for the season, taking tomorrow and Tuesday as camping days for myself. It will be nice to sleep in in the morning!

We have 3 paying guests left tonight, but the gates will close here when the last camper leaves tomorrow. Outside of me and the full time host, and a couple of her friends that came up to help her move...

After we clear out...

The wind will take over the campground patrol until next year.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #62

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
sniff, sniff.... the campground is going to be lonely....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:11 PM   #63

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

I'll miss the mountain.

It's getting time to desert camp...
Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #64

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
It was hard to leave today. After two days of no working (mostly :-p) and being able to sit back and enjoy a campfire with no generators or anyone elses conversations around me, it was like.. well, camping again.. LOL!

I worked my U No Wot off today cleaning my rig and prepping to hitch up. The burro hasn't moved since June. I wasn't sure I remembered my routine

All went well and Burro is spiffy on the inside. (I even washed it on the way home.)

The full time host hugged and cried when I left making sure she had all my info and insisting I come back next year (Not sure THAT is going to happen) I got a cash "Bonus" .. which helps, and I also got a very nice certificate from the concessionaire, so now I have official paper saying I have workamping experience. That was the whole point of this excercise and crazy summer.

I felt bad, as the host is up there all alone now, and she is handicapped and still has a lot left to do. Her friends got sick and left this morning. The campground is closed, and everything is shut down and nothing more need be done but lock the gates and head out.

Burro is back in my driveway, and my nieghbor watched me park it and asked "Another new trailer?????"
"No, I just washed it"
"Boy, it sure looks different!"

and I didn't even do a good job! Just power hosed it down a bit.

I am all ready to pull out again for a camping trip, but not for a few weeks, I think.

The end.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote