Cold camping... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #21

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Gerda you will love your Escape! What an original, and cute, name you've picked for it!

Deb - what will come next when you sell your Bigfoot 5th wheel? Sounds like you still plan to travel and enjoy the beauty of our corner of the world!

So glad you both enjoyed the photos - there is so much to explore in the NW, much diversity in what nature has to offer. We plan to head east of the mountains for our May vacation, but not before another ocean trip in April to the north coast - what we here on the Olympic Peninsula call 'our coast' - but which is really everyone's as it is part of the Olympic National Park!

Penney

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Gerda you will love your Escape! What an original, and cute, name you've picked for it!

Deb - what will come next when you sell your Bigfoot 5th wheel? Sounds like you still plan to travel and enjoy the beauty of our corner of the world!

So glad you both enjoyed the photos - there is so much to explore in the NW, much diversity in what nature has to offer. We plan to head east of the mountains for our May vacation, but not before another ocean trip in April to the north coast - what we here on the Olympic Peninsula call 'our coast' - but which is really everyone's as it is part of the Olympic National Park!

Penney
Penney,
We already have that covered as far as when the Bigfoot 5th wheel is gone, we will stay with Bigfoot we decided, just a different model which will work out better for us. I hope we run into you and Mike at some of the meets this camping season.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:51 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Great pictures Penney - I'm glad to hear that you and Mike are out camping (even if you were wishing you had long-johns!)

I've been walking past my trailer each morning and wondering "is it time this weekend to de-winterize?" Then I see all the green guck that will have to be washed off and think "well, maybe another few weeks" . At this rate, my first trip will be Spring NOG in April.

You've inspired me though - maybe I'll fit in a 3 day weekend before then.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #24

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Hi Anne!

We went on our weekend with a dirty trailer, I was waffling so much about going, just had to pack up and GO! Washed the trailer yesterday. It seems to take a shake-down trip to remember everything we needed to put back in the trailer and remember what we do! The older we get it might need two shake-down trips to get into the trailer groove!

Just pick a weekend and go - you've got so many wonderful options not far from home! And Jack and Molly will love it!

Penney

Deb - There are sure a lot of Big Foots out there - we saw three over the weekend.

The meets seem to fall on weekends we have other commitments - at least the spring NOG and the WA one in June. Hopefully we will make it to the fall NOG again - a nice way to end the 'season'. Do let us know if you travel this way - we love running into and visiting with egg-folks camping here on the peninsula!

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
Quote:
Hi Anne!

We went on our weekend with a dirty trailer, I was waffling so much about going, just had to pack up and GO! Washed the trailer yesterday. It seems to take a shake-down trip to remember everything we needed to put back in the trailer and remember what we do! The older we get it might need two shake-down trips to get into the trailer groove!

Just pick a weekend and go - you've got so many wonderful options not far from home! And Jack and Molly will love it!

Penney
Penney:

Thank you for those wonderful pictures! You started off asking for encouragement for doing some early camping and ended up giving great encouragement to others. Well done!

Brian