Coming Home - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #15

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
[QUOTE=June Bug;513680]To expand on Norm and Ginny's life developments -- I'm 66 and DH is 70. How this happened I'm not sure, but slowly it dawns on one that life won't continue forever. My sister-in-law's uncle just passed in his mid 90s and he was able to stay in his home 'til the end because he was in a senior mobile home community with an incredibly strong sense of community among residents.

Mo/June Bug

The Escapee's Care Center is one of the neatest parts of the Escapee Lifestyle. It's really assisted living for Escapees. You live in your rig. Escapee volunteers take care of those staying at the care center, do their laundry, provide day time services, take care of their rigs, everything from dumping to cleaning and of course all meals. People are available 24/7 to deal with problems, amazingly 1200 a month for two people. There are professionals on staff but colunteers make it all possible. If you visit Livingston, be sure to take a tour of the Care center.

Though my home Escapee park, the FL SKP resort, there are a number of older members who need support and the membership makes sure their needs are met.

The community of a campground approaches that of good relatives.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #16

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Darnelle,

In retrospect I am amazed how stuff can take over one's life. One of our friends collects Christmas dolls, she has dozens among even more Christmas decorations. Downsizing is just not possible for her (and him).

We used to have a big house, where annually we hosted the family Christmas and Thanksgiving parties, they wee great fun. It's not in the cards now though we have hosted 20 in our park model.

It turns out that the Florida room 11x40, heated or air conditioned can easily host 20 fun loving adults though we had to rush out the Restore for enough coffee cups and a tea pot.

We were never intentionally accumulators of stuff though we had enough books for a small library. Now we sit here wondering about selling and handing off stuff. Though it will be work, it's like a final exam, happy when it's done. Our goal is not to maximize income but rather to relieve our selves from having to be concerned about it.

As to small houses, I follow the Tiny House thread. I love the concept. We once had a 32 foot diameter Geodesic dome where I started our electronic drum company. For all practical purposes it was a stationary fiberglass trailer. It was white and plywood covered with fiberglass. It had 800 square feet on the first flor with a partial second floor. It heated easily with a small wood stove. I always thought it would make a perfect small house for two.

It only took us a few days to erect it and was a blast to put up.

So many adventures, over our lives we built 6 different domes.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote