Comment about Parkliner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
accrete's Avatar
 
Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Posts: 1,015
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Recommend that you read through Thom's full blog and consider what he personally had to undertake/go through to become such a happy customer
Totally agree with your statement Carol, and yes, my sort of disclaimer of "Interesting times" Tammie made reference to. And i will add, that if i wasn't such a type B Zen sort of fellow... i might have gone postal.

Oh, that and i'm married to a wonderful MacGirlver.

Thom
__________________

__________________
Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon
Bed, Bath, & Beyond...
2010 Chevy Express 1500 AWD Van
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #16
Member
 
Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I agree, I love my ParkLiner... my ticket to adventures! The company really needs to step up customer service wise because A LOT of people research things on the net and if you do a good search, all of these forum posts will show up and it could kill a business.

I won't expect much more from them...but they did do me right when I went down for my battery replacement...added the drain for the water tank and the drain on the lowest point on the galley side and the bypass for the water heater. and a few other things. I know I am going to need to go down below and seal the crimped wires because I do off-road with mine frequently and its probably a wise move.

I hope you guys make lots of fond memories with yours...I'm trying to do it with mine
Hi Deryk!
May I be nosey and ask what ParkLiner charged for your repairs? You seem to really love your ParkLiner. Thanks!
__________________

__________________
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
deryk's Avatar
 
Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Posts: 2,086
Registry
Linda, there was no charge...I only thought I was going down for warranty work...the battery box being moved to the tongue. Aaron had his crew do all the rest while I was wandering around the small town for 12 hours. I am happy i can drain the water tank out as well as drain the lines from my sink and shower. I got 2 new batteries and a few little things before turning around and driving 500 miles home...long 3 day weekend but was glad it was done.
__________________
deryk

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #18
Member
 
Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
Posts: 44
Thanks Deryk! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
__________________
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:20 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
deryk's Avatar
 
Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Posts: 2,086
Registry
Oh and Linda, I am the 2nd owner of my ParkLiner.
__________________
deryk

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #20
Member
 
Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Oh and Linda, I am the 2nd owner of my ParkLiner.
Would you do it over again?
Lots of little questions because I continue to think about my future decisions.
I kinda do the old Ben Franklin thing. You know, take all the pluses and then list all the minus and see what you have.
I look at how many they have sold, and how many people have serious problems like Thom and Frank have had. Were they fixed and trust me, after reading the majority of the posts, I know your taking a chance on a company that has not been in business very long, but and a big BUT, it certainly looks like they are turning it around. Only time will tell.
Thanks to all of you that have answered my questions and those that are trying to help with my decisions.
Sincerely,
Linda
__________________
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
deryk's Avatar
 
Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Posts: 2,086
Registry
hmmmm Linda that is a complicated question.

If I still owned my Rav4, Then I definitely would have have still bought the ParkLiner.

If I owned my Nissan Frontier, probably not. I would have looked for a used Escape 5th wheeler. I really like the layout with the bed in kind of a separate area and the larger fridge with a freezer lol. (this is what I want when I retire many years down the road)

I don't regret my decision at all though...The ParkLiner does what I need for it to do, I like the layout...if I ordered it new I wouldn't have went for the furnace and would have added a DickinsonMarine.com - Propane Fireplaces or possibly at retirement time one of these DickinsonMarine.com - Diesel Heaters
__________________
deryk

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #22
Member
 
Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
hmmmm Linda that is a complicated question.

If I still owned my Rav4, Then I definitely would have have still bought the ParkLiner.

If I owned my Nissan Frontier, probably not. I would have looked for a used Escape 5th wheeler. I really like the layout with the bed in kind of a separate area and the larger fridge with a freezer lol. (this is what I want when I retire many years down the road)

I don't regret my decision at all though...The ParkLiner does what I need for it to do, I like the layout...if I ordered it new I wouldn't have went for the furnace and would have added a DickinsonMarine.com - Propane Fireplaces or possibly at retirement time one of these DickinsonMarine.com - Diesel Heaters
Thank you! btw…those heaters look like they would keep you pretty toasty!
I'm down to the Escape, Bigfoot or ParkLiner and insulation is a factor.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
__________________
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Posts: 159
OK just my 2cents worth of thought. I am getting ready to go down next week to pick up my Parkliner AKA "Crazy Dog Lady's Folly" I have, like many, been looking at fiberglass trailers for months. The only trailer that really has everything I wanted was the Parkliner, since I have a 6'3" husband. I really need the Queen bed and the cabin height. We went to North Carolina and toured the factory, met with Tom Bass and also met Frank while we were there. Six months ago I would never have invested my money into this company but I do truly believe that Tom has and will continue to turn this company around. I want to be really mad for Frank because I happen to think he is a really nice guy who has been super supportive of Parkliner, but and I may be totally wrong here, I understand that there was no rubbing problem with #006, AKA Daisy so I can see why Parkliner doesn't want to fix a trailer that hasn't exhibited a problem. Where Frank certainly has reason to be angry is the fact that he spent a lot of time and money hauling back and forth without the satisfaction he felt was coming to him. I don't know what the communication was but I'm guessing it wasn't as complete as it could have been.
One thing is for certain and that is that we all want the company to do well, and just as a tease I was talking to Tom about organizing a Parkliner Rally next year. It would be awesome to see a whole park full of our little guys and gals. LindaF, my husband went with me to see the factory and Parkliner. He thinks I'm a little (or a lot) crazy to get this trailer and I know he was hoping to see lots of things to not like about it. He came away totally impressed with the operation and the trailer. I know there have been problems but I haven't heard one person say they didn't love their trailer or that they felt they were built poorly or bad design. So I am going into my new adventure with the idea that I will also love my trailer.
__________________
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:53 PM   #24
Member
 
Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
OK just my 2cents worth of thought. I am getting ready to go down next week to pick up my Parkliner AKA "Crazy Dog Lady's Folly" I have, like many, been looking at fiberglass trailers for months. The only trailer that really has everything I wanted was the Parkliner, since I have a 6'3" husband. I really need the Queen bed and the cabin height. We went to North Carolina and toured the factory, met with Tom Bass and also met Frank while we were there. Six months ago I would never have invested my money into this company but I do truly believe that Tom has and will continue to turn this company around. I want to be really mad for Frank because I happen to think he is a really nice guy who has been super supportive of Parkliner, but and I may be totally wrong here, I understand that there was no rubbing problem with #006, AKA Daisy so I can see why Parkliner doesn't want to fix a trailer that hasn't exhibited a problem. Where Frank certainly has reason to be angry is the fact that he spent a lot of time and money hauling back and forth without the satisfaction he felt was coming to him. I don't know what the communication was but I'm guessing it wasn't as complete as it could have been.
One thing is for certain and that is that we all want the company to do well, and just as a tease I was talking to Tom about organizing a Parkliner Rally next year. It would be awesome to see a whole park full of our little guys and gals. LindaF, my husband went with me to see the factory and Parkliner. He thinks I'm a little (or a lot) crazy to get this trailer and I know he was hoping to see lots of things to not like about it. He came away totally impressed with the operation and the trailer. I know there have been problems but I haven't heard one person say they didn't love their trailer or that they felt they were built poorly or bad design. So I am going into my new adventure with the idea that I will also love my trailer.
Good for you, Pat! It's so nice to hear your getting a new ParkLiner!
I love the looks of the ParkLiner and the layout also.
btw….
I didn't realize that that Frank's #006 DIDN'T have a rubbing problem?????
Frank, is this true?
__________________
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:00 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Tammie's Avatar
 
Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Posts: 149
I'm glad to see this thread, and to second what the other ParkLiner owners have said.

In 2012 we looked at two other brands of fiberglass trailers currently in production, then saw one of the very earliest ParkLiners. We were impressed by the well-designed, spacious interior, and marine-grade finishes, among other things. We realized ParkLiner was a fledgling company, but liked the product enough to invest in one. We had some of the same communication glitches others have had, but in the end, Chandler delivered a quality product, one that l would choose again.
__________________
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF View Post
I didn't realize that that Frank's #006 DIDN'T have a rubbing problem?????
Frank, is this true?
They would not have cheaper out on the fix and put smaller tires on it if it had not had a rubbing problem.

Take a look and zoom in on the photo Frank posted today of his NEW wheels and tires on the thread Parkliner wheel wells & tires Page 7 post 89
The tire marks on the inside of the wheel well and on the front and back corners are pretty clear.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:33 PM   #27
Member
 
Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
Posts: 44
Carol, you know more than I concerning these issues, but I did ask my husband if he saw any rub marks and he said "no", but that doesn't mean there are non and it doesn't mean that there are. I think the question to Frank is appropriate. My husband did say it didn't look like much clearance, BUT if there are no rub marks there is no reason to fix something that is not broke! I can certainly see them in older photos of Thom's.
I think maybe Frank will let us know if there is/isn't any rub marks on his unit.
I'm just looking for the truth, simply because no company should be hurt by remarks that are not true.
I just wish Chandler or ParkLiner would step in on this forum and make their case, IF they have one. They certainly are guilty of lack of communication.
Have a great weekend!
__________________
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:55 PM   #28
Member
 
Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
They would not have cheaper out on the fix and put smaller tires on it if it had not had a rubbing problem.

Take a look and zoom in on the photo Frank posted today of his NEW wheels and tires on the thread Parkliner wheel wells & tires Page 7 post 89
The tire marks on the inside of the wheel well and on the front and back corners are pretty clear.
Go here:
ParkLiner wheel wells & tires
Dirt? yes. Rub marks? No.
__________________

__________________
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
parkliner


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.