Comments on Burro~ - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #15

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
And our 16' UHaul, although narrower than the wide-body Burro, is just right now. There is room for both of us to move around when the bed is put together. We are not bumping behinds anymore or tripping over the porta-potty, now that it has its own room. And, thanks to Wayne in Dubuque's idea, we just added a mod to increase counter space without decreasing space for anything else. Kevin attached a flip-out cutting board that lays over the sink when not in use. It is supported by a flip-out arm that folds against the counter. This way, it is cooking counterspace when over the sink and drying dish counterspace when flipped out.

I predict you will love your Burro like we loved our old one and the new one.

CindyL

Old 06-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #16

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I was looking at a scamp for sale the same time I was looking at the Burro. It was on craigslist and I just called last Friday about it. It is a 1987 scamp with the bathroom, slept four with the bunks, airconditioner, new tires etc...asking price 6,500 The owner was very polite and said his family have had it for ten years. He sent me pictures and it looked very nice but I kept leaning toward the Burro and decided on it. I would have loved to have had the extra sleeping space the scamp provided (bunks). The table in the one I am buying makes into a huge bed. Does anyone know if that is a queen size or what are the measurements? The main thing I did not like about the scamp was the carpet on the wall. It is a well thought out design for insulation purposes. I have asthma and thought it might aggravate that? Plus I love the white fiberglass interior on the Burro.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #17

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Denise, as a former '87 Sac City Burro 17 owner, I feel compelled to tell you that you'll absolutely detest owning a Burro 17. As a matter of fact, it'll undoubtedly bring down the property values in your entire neighborhood if you merely park it at your house. It will be too big for you to comfortably use. It'll be too warm when it's cold out, and too cool when it's hot. You won't like not having to go to the campground outhouse in the middle of the night during a thunderstorm. I'm sure you just won't be happy with any of it.

So, as to spare you the incredible embarrassment of being saddled with such ridicule, I'm prepared for you just to sign the title over to me when you get it, and I'll take it off your hands so you won't have to deal with it.

If there's anything else I can do for you in this matter, you just let me know.

Best regards,

Roger

Old 06-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #18

I may hate it so much I may buy another one to park in the driveway just to bug the neighbors. Just kidding too. I know I will love it. I forgot to mention I also looked at the bigfoots. Super nice trailers. A little to pricey for me right now. I never thought I would switch to anything but an Airstream but I am more excited about this Burro than I ever was about the Airstream.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:09 PM   #19

Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
Oregon
Registry
Denise:
Bed in the back of ours is about 54 to 56" wide, depending on how you measure it, and about 86" wall to wall. Unless you are as tall as Roger your toesies should not need to be curled up.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:31 PM   #20

Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
Denise:
Bed in the back of ours is about 54 to 56" wide, depending on how you measure it, and about 86" wall to wall. Unless you are as tall as Roger your toesies should not need to be curled up.
Per... the one little trailer I had that I didn't have to curl up my toesies WAS the Burro!

Roger
Old 06-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #21

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
I never thought I would switch to anything but an Airstream but I am more excited about this Burro than I ever was about the Airstream.
Good Choice! We love converts
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:33 PM   #22

Trailer: 1985 17 ft Burro
In regards to the bed size, we do not have cushions for ours yet, so we took the spare bedroom's full size mattress and used it in our egg. Because of the curvature of the dinette/bed space in the egg we had about 6" on either end, and about the same under the back window.

I bought a king size foam mattress from IKEA and will be making the dinette/bed cushions with it...eventually.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:40 PM   #23

Trailer: 1985 17 ft Burro
And in regards to choice... we were looking for either a Burro or Uhaul because of their fiberglass walls and the convenince of cleaning off labrador mud puddle spray from walls. When we camp, Moose is in a constant state of wetness.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #24

It will be nice to have a lot of room in the Burro. I am only 5'2" so I don't have to worry about bumping my head. In our Serro Scotty my husbands head wanted to hit the ceiling so I know he will be happy with the Burro. Did the older scamps or casitas ever have the inside fiberglass walls without carpet? I saw a picture of a 2002 Oxygen trailer(believe that was the name)I loved the inside of it but I believe they are no longer made just like the Burro. Is casita and scamp lone survivors of the only ones being around a long time and still in buisness?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:54 AM   #25

Exclamation

Does anyone know where I can find more information or pictures of the Burro. I would like to see more pictures, and information on the history of the trailer. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2007, 06:03 AM   #26

Iowa
OK, Gina... it's YOUR turn to do the "History of Burro"... I think I recited it last time!

Roger
Old 06-14-2007, 08:14 AM   #27
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Quote:
OK, Gina... it's YOUR turn to do the "History of Burro"... [b]I think I recited it last time!

Roger
I hope it was better than your History of the Trail Mite.
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:18 AM   #28
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Okay, I think I found it (Roger's synopsis of the Burro history), in this Burro Trailer Company topic.

Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro