Compact Jr. decal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2008, 03:27 AM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Any of you with Compact Jr.s have a good photo of the decal/logo? I'm interested in making a decal for mine. If you have a good, clear, focuses photo of yours, please send it my way.

Jen

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:04 AM   #2

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Jen,
There is one in the "Albums" section.

Tom Trostel

http://album.fiberglassrv.com/gallery2/mai...p?g2_itemId=762
Old 06-27-2008, 06:57 AM   #3

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
hi Jen,
I just finish a Surfside decal for mine. if you need the vector art done, send me a clean pic of the logo and I'd be happy to do the AI file for you. Donna is looking into how they can be posted in the doc section for all to use.

Quote:
Any of you with Compact Jr.s have a good photo of the decal/logo? I'm interested in making a decal for mine. If you have a good, clear, focuses photo of yours, please send it my way.

Jen
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:13 AM   #4

Registry
Scott - That would be FANTASTIC! Tom provided a link to a photo. If I come up with something larger and more clear I'll send it on to you. Otherwise, you think this one will work?

Jen

Quote:
hi Jen,
I just finish a Surfside decal for mine. if you need the vector art done, send me a clean pic of the logo and I'd be happy to do the AI file for you. Donna is looking into how they can be posted in the doc section for all to use.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #5

Registry
Jen,
I had another thought. If you will PM your mailing address to me, I will do a rubbing of the raised logo on my trailer and snail-mail it to you.

Tom Trostel
Old 06-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #6

Registry
or just scan it and send it to me (even in a couple of sections). I was just now trying to work with the photo but the resolution is too low and it pixelates quite badly when I blow it up to use as a template. a good straight-on photo will work too if the cam is set to the highest setting. if someone would do a shot from a couple of feet away and zoom in tight on it... it should be nice and clear.

BTW, I am a graphic designer by trade. these don't take long for me.

Quote:
Jen,
I had another thought. If you will PM your mailing address to me, I will do a rubbing of the raised logo on my trailer and snail-mail it to you.

Tom Trostel
Old 06-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #7

Registry
Sorry for the delay...I've been...er...occupied this past weekend. More on that later.

Tom, Scott has graciously offered to create the file any of us could use for making decals wherever we are in (or out of) the country. Any way you can shoot a new, straight on photo of the decal and post it here in the FRV document center? If not, I'll be happy to send you my snail mail address. Just thought a general posting might help us all.

Jen

Old 07-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #8

Does any one know what the original colour of the raised letters of the nameplate was? Mine are a faded red which could have been the creative contribution from a previous owner.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:37 AM   #9

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
What about us Compact IIers???? hehe I'd love to have a decal to redo mine with down the road, when I can dedicate the time to it. The only places I've ever noticed that mine has the name though are the oval tag on the door, and where it looks like it was painted on the rock guard for the front window. The Jrs do seem to have more badging than the IIs... Anyway, just had to put in my little 2 cents...hehe
Joe
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:42 AM   #10

Registry
All the photos of Jr's and II's I've seen have logos that are black. With all the various gelcoat colors, Hunter may have wanted to keep it simple. Mine were totally white and I restored them to black with vinyl tape.

I took a photo of the logo to local tee shirt shop. They scanned it and ten minutes later I had a nice shirt and sweatshirt with "Compact Jr." on the front.

Tom Trostel
Old 07-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #11

Registry
if I have a good image to work from, I can do that one as well. just uploaded a PDF file of the Surfside logo so Donna can test it. most sign shops do vinyl cutting now. that's why the they have to be able to open the PDF file in Adobe Illustrator.... the cutting machine only reads the Illustrator "vector" file. If this works, I'll get busy on any logo required.

Quote:
What about us Compact IIers???? hehe I'd love to have a decal to redo mine with down the road, when I can dedicate the time to it. The only places I've ever noticed that mine has the name though are the oval tag on the door, and where it looks like it was painted on the rock guard for the front window. The Jrs do seem to have more badging than the IIs... Anyway, just had to put in my little 2 cents...hehe
Joe
Old 07-03-2008, 05:33 PM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There's an actual picture of an actual Compact Jr. logo in the Compact Jr. album. Maybe not good enough for Scott to reproduce but should give everyone an idea of what a complete black logo looks like: Compact Jr. logo in album
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #13

Registry
I looked at that one Donna. it really degrades when blown up. need a full 300 dpi clean image from a good camera sent to me via email.

Quote:
There's an actual picture of an actual Compact Jr. logo in the Compact Jr. album. Maybe not good enough for Scott to reproduce but should give everyone an idea of what a complete black logo looks like: Compact Jr. logo in album
Old 07-04-2008, 07:43 AM   #14

Registry
or.... if there's anyone in the Winnipeg area with a Compact, I'll go take a tracing?

Quote:

Jen
Old 07-04-2008, 07:54 AM   #15

Scott, the Oregon Gathering is less than two weeks away. I'll make it a point to take pictures of trailer logos. When I get back (after the 24th), I'll let you know how I did.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #16

Registry
thanx Donna,
the bigger the better. and if you shoot other makes that are there, I'll work on those down the road. already noticed there is more than one Boler logo. please shoot high rez and as straight on as you can.
thanx, have fun at the Gathering. wish I could be there. ;(
Scott

Quote:
Scott, the Oregon Gathering is less than two weeks away. I'll make it a point to take pictures of trailer logos. When I get back (after the 24th), I'll let you know how I did.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #17

I'll certain do the best I can.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #18

Registry
Thumbs down

Tom sent me two photos (jpg images) of the CJ logo. He also sent me a rubbing. I'd like to upload the full-size images to the Document Center, but it doesn't like me.

Donna- could you help me with that? Perhaps a "Logos" folder we could start building there?

Jen in Cali - 3 days and counting!

Old 07-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Tom sent me two photos (jpg images) of the CJ logo. He also sent me a rubbing. I'd like to upload the full-size images to the Document Center, but it doesn't like me.

Donna- could you help me with that? Perhaps a "Logos" folder we could start building there?

Jen et al, everything outside the regular forums uses different software. It's very protected. If you were here for the big hack, you'd understand why. What I would suggest is posting the "picture" here and Roger (album guy) will then move it to the appropriate trailer brand album. We're working on just a logo folder, but it hasn't happened yet. Hi-Res pictures take up a lot of bandwidth.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:10 AM   #20

Registry
PM me and I'll give you the email addy to send them to me.
I'll be on holidays for the next 10 days so if there's a delay.... that would be why.

Quote: