Compact JR-Half Ton Of Fun-Yes I got One!!!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Compact JR-Half Ton Of Fun-Yes I got One!!!!!

We went to MI today and picked up the cutest little Compact Jr. The people we bought it from were super nice and they had painted it professionally to match their truck. It just so happens that our truck was the exact same color so sweet!!! I am so happy I just can't keep from smiling. My husband who is 6'4 can actually stand up in it!! The campers not perfect, but pretty good for 1971. Also, to my fellow Compact Jr buddies here. It actually had all the original paperwork including a two page instructions from the builders-SWEET! I will be scaning and it and posting so it can be added to the document section here. Very Happy Camper here in Indpls tonight. Big Smile!
Angie2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Angie.... too cool! Please post pictures, with big ole grins!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Angie.... too cool! Please post pictures, with big ole grins!
I sure will, just a little tired tonight was on the road about 10hrs. I am just soooo happy I just can't stand it.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #4

I don't know if this will work, but here goes...

Old 08-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #5

It worked ... but where are you?! Looks really nice
Old 08-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It worked ... but where are you?! Looks really nice
Getting too dark here to take pictures, that one is from the seller. I have to go look out the window to make sure the camper is really in my driveway! LOL! TTYL
Old 08-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
That looks really nice!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:57 PM   #8

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
congratulations! nothing is sweeter than the pride of ownership....you will be smiling--and checking your driveway!--alot, for some time to come! goes with the territory...
happy camping!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #9

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Most excellent!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #10

Trailer: 24 ft 5th Wheel Shadow Cruiser
Compact Jr.Project "blue Bird"

Very nice,,hope mine turns out as well,,,hope to have it home before Snow Falls,,,its a project trailer,,& its hideing in a barn in Michigans UP... very interested in pictures,,interior of mine is gutted,,so need ideas..

I will pm my email addy to you,,please send a ton of pics & copy of your owners manual,,

Mine is a 1972,,nice frame & exterior,,but needs interior,,Thanks Ron..Yes i will post pics when i get it home and as rebuild goes.
Ron Humerickhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:26 AM   #11

I am seeing about getting it plated today and getting it on our insurance policy. I just looked at the titile. When we bought it I had my husband do all the paper work. He is such a sweety, he put that camper all in my name. HEHEH. He had to listen to me yammer on for a 6 hour drive about all the places we were goning to go in our new camper. Everytime, we would get passed by one of those big $100,000 Motorhmes. I would say to my husband. "Did you see that? They just looked at our RV and thought that that's what they REALLY wanted. Not that big monster RV they are driving. I bet they have Camper-envy!" LOL He always agreed that he thought that's probably what they were thinking too.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #12

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Looks like a nice one. Remember, as you're outside your CJ in the morning, and looking over at that hunnert thousand bulgemobile, your coffee tastes just as good, and you have all that money left over to spend on fuel and fun......
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:45 PM   #13

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Humerickhouse View Post
Very nice,,hope mine turns out as well,,,hope to have it home before Snow Falls,,,its a project trailer,,& its hideing in a barn in Michigans UP... very interested in pictures,,interior of mine is gutted,,so need ideas..

I will pm my email addy to you,,please send a ton of pics & copy of your owners manual,,

Mine is a 1972,,nice frame & exterior,,but needs interior,,Thanks Ron..Yes i will post pics when i get it home and as rebuild goes.
RON-- have fun on the rebuild. I did one several years ago. Turned out nice, but the wench liked the Scamp more. So, I finally sold it. Here's a link to the rebuild. Maybe you can get some ideas from it. Larry

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-jr-32790.html
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #14

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
Our first trailer was a Compact Jr. For us it was pure luxury after being back packers sleeping in a tiny nylon tent, cooking on a Svea stove.

We pulled it with a Peugeot 404 Station Wagon and toured 44 of the lower 48 states plus the western Provinces in Canada.

After our second child was born, it was time for something larger. We sold it to a retired couple who were obviously able to afford much more, but it was exactly what they wanted and we actually sold it for a little more than we had paid five years earlier!
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:05 AM   #15

Whats is the hitch ball size for the Compact Jr. 2" or 1 7/8 " going to get the "blue Bird' and want to make sure I have the right ball size,,might take both to make sure?? Ron
Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #16

Good idea... take both and take one you don't use back to the store. Remember, it may have started out one size, but an owner mod changed it. One of these days, the 1-7/8 coupler on my Scamp will be changed to a 2". See it does happen.

Good luck, safe travels!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Humerickhouse View Post
Whats is the hitch ball size for the Compact Jr. 2" or 1 7/8 " going to get the "blue Bird' and want to make sure I have the right ball size,,might take both to make sure?? Ron
This is the second conpact I have looked at and they were both 2". But I would take both, just in case.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:29 PM   #18

I had the sellers son check & its a 2" but still takeing both sizes...also a drop hitch,,,My tug is a little high off the ground? 2002 F150 4x4 7700 GVW,,,about 4" taller than my SUV,, Thanks for the help,,sure i will have many ??s when i get Jr home....Ron