Compact Jr. wants to meet up 2013 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #1

Name: Kath
Trailer: Compact Jr
California
Compact Jr. wants to meet up 2013

Hi we are looking to do our first road trip (2 weeks) in our 1973 Compact Jr. and we would love to meet up with others who own a Compact Jr. We have not restored ours so would love to see what others have done in person. So if you live in Northern California or Oregon and think you may be on the road in July 2013. Give us a holler or send us pictures of your Compact with ideas and advice would love it.

The Hibben's
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
You may want to check out the rally map there are some rallys taking place at that time frame. The Bandon Oregon meet is a big one and one can usually find a Compact Jr or two or more in attendance. Also lots of other trailers regardless of brand that you will get tones of great ideas from.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #3

California
Thank You for the reply....we are new so all information is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #4

We live in So. Cal. Just went to the Pismo Rally last weekend. Had a blast. Our Compact Jr. still needs some work rebuilding it completely. Do you have photos of your trailer. I am looking for photos of the roof line, and any re-engineered systems to lift the top. I still have the original lifting mechanisms.
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Cliff, your trailer is coming along really good. If I wast going to be building a teardrop in the next few years I would definitely snatch it up as is.
Greg N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg N View Post
Cliff, your trailer is coming along really good. If I wast going to be building a teardrop in the next few years I would definitely snatch it up as is.
Greg,
You should have kept the Burro and called it a day! Just the right size between teardrop and standy.
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #7

California
Compact Jr. Owner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
We live in So. Cal. Just went to the Pismo Rally last weekend. Had a blast. Our Compact Jr. still needs some work rebuilding it completely. Do you have photos of your trailer. I am looking for photos of the roof line, and any re-engineered systems to lift the top. I still have the original lifting mechanisms.

I will take some new pictures of our Compact Jr. and see if I can get them on here. We also have the original lifting mechanisms that are working really well. Someone before us put in screening on the lift top........Was Pismo your first rally? We do not know what to expect or what we should plan on taking for a Rally.