Composite RV - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Name: Vic
Trailer: Trail Mite

Check out this RV

It's an older design but it has a lot of great features.

Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Now, that was interesting. Thanks for sharing. Terry

Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
Name: Terry
Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
What's really cool is that it can be pulled by a two horsepower engine.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
I just spent two hours looking at that site! What interesting horses and wagons!
1979 Boler B1300 | 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel | 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel | We officially have a collection!
Lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico

I was watching History Detectives on PBS and learned a little about Airstream Trailers. Wally Byam, who founded the Airstream company, started out, actually, as a shepherd up in Oregon. And, while tending his flocks he would sleep in a little ox cart that was equipped with very basic necessities. Apparently, that never left him, becausewhen he had the chance to do it, he designed his own trailer. In 1932 Wally Byam answered the call of the road with a revolutionary innovation - a mobile shelter to sleep and feed the whole family. Browse images of Airstream trailers through the ages:

Now these many years later, Airstreams are still around but so expensive, I find myself live at times in a simular one made of Molded lightweitht Fiberglass. You never know what might happen in the future.

Your Gypsy Wagon reminded me of the story.

Wally may have stayed in something more like this Shepherd's Wagon.

We saw one like the white one with auto tires and wheels out in a mountain pasture as we drove toward Mesa Verda Nat'l Park in Colorado back in the mid-1980s off the 4 lane divided highway we were on.

DesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
2015 Lance 1985 ~ Casita de Campo ~23' 4"
~Previously ~ 2005 16' Scamp
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Name: Joe
Trailer: Hunter Industries
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Okay, some of our rigs are cute, but this gypsy wagon is a rolling piece of ARTWORK! WOW! I've seen them in movies before, but never seen closeup pictures or anything. And it's so similarly equipped to our own simple fiberglass rigs. Great posting guys!

(Now where do I find etched glass windows for my FBRV...hehehe)
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #7
Name: Phil
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500 (previously a 1978 Trillium 4500, Rpod 171 and Surveyor SV251)
I love that show History Detectives - I checked out the link and was so disappointed I missed that episode on the airstream this past monday. However, I checked further on the website and it is being rebroadcast a couple of times this coming weekend in my area. They even have a neat little service you can sign up for to have them email you to remind you its coming up. Thanks again for the tip on the show.

77 Trillium 4500
Phil 4500 is offline   Reply With Quote