Conan the Barbarian on the Highway? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2008, 02:56 AM   #21

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Barbarians abide everywhere, in various forms.

That is for sure.

I live in a very small town (it's called a City here, though) with stop signs every block. Some people are in a real hurry to get to the next stop sign! And to get there first!

The other day I was passed (on the right) so that this minivan, now ahead of me, could tail-gate the poor driver in front of us (brake light, brake, brake light, brake) all along the winding stretch alongside the river, to be two seconds and one vehicle ahead -- at the stop light that controls the alternating-traffic, one-way bridge.

I know the wait is a good two or three minutes, and I could have had the time to saunter up to them and say, "So, how's that working out for you? You good with that?" But I imagine their teeth are clenched and their blood-pressure is sky-high -- whenever they drive.

With gas prices here and long distances, my hubby wants a bumper sticker saying, "I drive 80: deal with it."

CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:29 PM   #22

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
up here they are not called "Barbarians"

We have several names, depending on the infraction and severity of stupidity.

General Term for driving around for no regard to the terrain (Yes, there's a curve there Buddy) ~ "Flatlander" Flatlanders can also be TOO aware of the terrain and avoid driving in the slow lane to prevent themselves from falling off the cliff. They poodle along in the fast lane at 30 mph on the straight and say "To hell with everyone else, I am scared of mountain driving"

(Flatlanders commit many other violations, such as treating the mountain as they would their neighborhood "down the hill" but we are talking about driving now)

Thems that only come to the mountain to test out the 4wd in their decorative Chainsaw when it snows (Escalade, Lexus, Mercedes SUV etc) AND for those that live here with their raised up pick up trucks that think 4wd means they can go just as fast as they would on dry pavement ~ "Invinsibles" (The invisibles always blame the guy in front for going to slow and they had to slam on their brakes, thus ending themselves up in the ditch or sideways)

Thems that come up only in the snow to pull over wherever they want so their kids can throw snowballs ~ "Bad Parents"

Thems that come to the mountain and pull into a turn out just to have a picnic. "Look at the view!" We just call them *sound of shaking head*
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 AM   #23

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Everyone knows that MIRRORS are for MAKEUP...checking the kids DVD's and admiring the sides of those monster Ford EXIBITIONS Chev SUBDIVISONS and Caddy ESCAPADES!!! And no need to signal either as THEY know which way THEY'RE going!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote