Considering 17.5 Bigfoot - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #21

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
Dan, We have a 2003 17 foot BF. As Donna says not all are 4 season, our's isn't, but we don't winter camp anyway. Our center bath layout has a very small rear couch/slide out bed, in fact smaller than the Scamp's table/bed. We make due since we leave the front as dining area. We are average size, but still very tight in the 70" X 40" bed. You learn to accomodate each other. The gaucho layout may be better, if more space is critical, but the center bath gives more floor space and windows. I think Don's looks to be the gaucho layout, and I believe the width is the same as ours (8 foot).
I spoke to the BF factory last summer and they said they were making "a few" 21 footers and planning for a 17.5. I don't think the rear bed in the 17.5 is any bigger than the 17, but unsure.
Good luck, Tony
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #22

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
A 2002 17' Bigfoot which looks pretty nice for sale in White Rock BC right now. Its on Craigslist here.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #23

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M K View Post
Thanks Carol and Donna, I should of said I have not seen many in Michigan. I might just have to make a road trip someday out west, as those 19 footers sure look nice.
This one came up today, (yes I will post it in the referrals section).

http://bc.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-...AdIdZ370437795
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #24

Name: Don
Trailer: 17.5 Bigfoot
Ontario
Dan.....if you go to post # 8 of this thread, you'll see interior photo's of my 17.5 G with the side Gaucho.....which gave us the most floor space of 17s and 21s.....we saw them all at the dealer when we purchased ours.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ada-48588.html
Don Dunsmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #25

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
The 1500 series (17 ft) Bigfoot was made for more than 20 years and with 3 different models each year (Standard, Deluxe, & Spiritwing). Add different floorplans (center bath, rear bath, gaucho, etc.) and there are too many variables to count. Then Bigfoot adds the 2500 series (17.5 ft) to the lineup. It's hard to compare unless they are parked side to side. I can tell you that my very early 1500 series 15B17G has 1" styrofoam in the walls, roof, and floor. It does not have dual pane windows. The interior is 159" x 93" and 76" high. The front (dinette) bed is 44" x 80" ,the rear (gaucho) bed is 46" x 78", and the bunk bed is 35" x 76". The trailer weighs 2400 lbs.

1980 Bigfoot :: kitchen picture by tomNjo - Photobucket
Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M K View Post
I also think the Escapes and the Bigfoots are very nice, just do not see many used in the States, and buying new seems pretty expensive, although they are pretty well built. I keep looking.
Steve, Escape started in production in 2003, 2009 was the first year of the 19ft. It will be a few years before you see many Escapes used.
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #27

Name: Dan
Trailer: Looking
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dunsmore View Post
Dan.....if you go to post # 8 of this thread, you'll see interior photo's of my 17.5 G with the side Gaucho.....which gave us the most floor space of 17s and 21s.....we saw them all at the dealer when we purchased ours.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ada-48588.html
Hi Don, I tried finding your photos, but wasn’t successful. Do you mean #8 by Carol H? I clicked on the links she posted but wasn’t sure if that is what you meant.
1down4up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #28

Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
With a used Bigfoot, don't ASSUME you're getting a four-season trailer. That was an option and many chose not to pay the additional expense.
Thanks Donna, I assume these trailers all come with the same insulation? is the difference mainly with the thermal windows and heated tanks?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #29

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Don means click on his blue "Hello from Canada" link in his last post here (#24). Then scroll down to number 8 in the new thread.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #30

Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Trostel View Post
Don means click on his blue "Hello from Canada" link in his last post here (#24). Then scroll down to number 8 in the new thread.
Thanks Tom.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #31

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
We have 08 21' BF which we like a lot but have problem with parking, it is too wide for our driveway which is about 9'6". The trailer is 8'4" wide so if compared to the Escape 17' which is 6'8" wide our, per side, clearance would increase from 7” to 17" which would not be a problem.

So, if you have issue with narrow parking Bigfoot is considerably wider. We bought the trailer when we had practically unlimited parking space, in the new house parking is a major problem, to the point that parking is a major inhibitor for a few days long trips. We are in the midst of making a decision and selling the house is not an option.
George.
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #32

Minnesota
. We are in the midst of making a decision and selling the house is not an option.
George.[/QUOTE]
Might this be for sale soon? Post some pictures along with details George, I might be interested. Space is not an issue for us.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #33

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
George's unit would be wonderful to have, nice personal touches.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #34

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1down4up View Post
Thanks Donna, I assume these trailers all come with the same insulation? is the difference mainly with the thermal windows and heated tanks?
The difference is double pane windows, thicker insulation, fiberglass incased pipes. In fact, one way to determine if you are looking at a 4 seasoned Bigfoot is to look underneath the frame. If the pipes are covered by fiberglass, you have a 4 seasoned trailer. If you can see the plumbing, you do not.

I read another post which described how the propane heater works to keep the pipes from freezing.

I wanted to get a 4-seasoned trailer because I do a lot of Winter Camping in Northern California. I have also taken it to Montana and in Utah. Prior to looking for a Bigfoot, I had decided on a Casita. I am glad I did not go that route as it would not have meet my cold weather needs.

My only complaint is the fact that I am sleep separately from my husband due to the bed sizes.

If ... you want to consider a comfortable, cold weather, "stick" trailer, Artic Fox is very popular in Canada.

BTW, there are several Bigfoots listed in the classifies of this forum: http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/rvs/2895299885.html Take a look.

Once again,

Good luck!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #35

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1down4up View Post
. We are in the midst of making a decision and selling the house is not an option.
George.
Might this be for sale soon? Post some pictures along with details George, I might be interested. Space is not an issue for us.[/QUOTE]
I send you PM,
George.
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot