Consumer Cellular?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #15

Name: Jim & Kathy
Trailer: Escape
Northern Colorado
Consumer Cellular

We love CC....have 3 phones (2 smart, purchased on Ebay), cost is ~$50 per month depending on usage. Can change our plan at any time....if we are at home, we choose the minimum plan. when traveling we can increase our voice minutes and data plan easily. great coverage so far.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #16

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
To get an idea of how much you use your voice/txt/data, most wireless companies keep track of that info monthly and you can access it thru your account. Then, when you have to determine how many minutes you should get, you have a pretty good estimate and can find a plan that best suits your needs.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #17

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
+3 on Tracfone. Wife and I have never wished for more. Yeh, it's an outdated tiny flip phone (remember when it was state of the art?) and a terrible camera, no games, no texting, no personal assistant or day planner. The sheeple think they'll luv their duzitall and some do. I don't. Got signal for yrs. inside buildings that defeated some expensive phones and expensive provider contracts. The burner "for the rest of us."

jack
Old 03-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #18
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
+3 on Tracfone. Wife and I have never wished for more. Yeh, it's an outdated tiny flip phone (remember when it was state of the art?) and a terrible camera, no games, no texting, no personal assistant or day planner. The sheeple think they'll luv their duzitall and some do. I don't. Got signal for yrs. inside buildings that defeated some expensive phones and expensive provider contracts. The burner "for the rest of us."

jack
Well there you go. In an effort to avoid being mistaken for a twentysomething I ordered a big button flip (tracfone) phone for about $20. For an additional $20 for minutes we'll try it out. Not ready to dump the land line yet. When our phone line was installed Western Electric made the wire. It's amazing how big a tree that stuff will hold and still work. Raz
Old 03-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #19

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Raz, you can't go wrong if all you want is a convenient, barebones cell and, should you encounter a bad dead zone around your patch, it's a minimal investment in finding out. I've never thought of you as being anything but timelessly hip whatever your actual time on the planet.

jack
Old 03-22-2014, 06:44 PM   #20

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Today I came across an additional alternative for cell service. AMAC (the Association of Mature American Citizens), of which I am a member, has discount arrangements with some businesses for its members. One such discount is 5% off cellular service with Club Cellular. In examining their no-contract monthly plans on the Verizon network, I found that I could save about $5/month versus our current Consumer Cellular service. Of course I would also have to buy 2 new phones, since CC uses the ATT network, so I will stay where I am for now. But I thought someone else might find it an attractive alternative, whether they wish to join AMAC (for $16/year) or not.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote