Converter & other things - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #1

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
Converter & other things

I called Scamp and talked to Micah. I told him that we tested the converter by diconnecting the battery and plugging the trailer into an outlet. No 12V lights. My husband also notice when cleaning it Scamp repaired some damage prior us picking it up. It is starting to crack. Also, it appears the base of the toilet leaks because I put the blue stuff in it to keep it from stinking and it leaked blue water. His suggestion was to bring it to the plant because of multiple problems and would compensate for gas money. I left him a message that would not be doable and to give us recommendations on what to do so that this will be covered under warranty, ect.. No reply as of yet. We are down to one light. Very hard for hubby to read in the bathroom, so what, but seeing to aim is important. This is most likely the last camper we will own, second camper bought new with cash from Scamp. Anyway, free internet to do this complaining.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
This may have been asked before.

Did you make sure that the converter is plugged in ? ( mine comes UNplugged )

Also make sure that the fuse on the converter is in and good.

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
I called Scamp and talked to Micah. I told him that we tested the converter by diconnecting the battery and plugging the trailer into an outlet. No 12V lights. My husband also notice when cleaning it Scamp repaired some damage prior us picking it up. It is starting to crack. Also, it appears the base of the toilet leaks because I put the blue stuff in it to keep it from stinking and it leaked blue water. His suggestion was to bring it to the plant because of multiple problems and would compensate for gas money. I left him a message that would not be doable and to give us recommendations on what to do so that this will be covered under warranty, ect.. No reply as of yet. We are down to one light. Very hard for hubby to read in the bathroom, so what, but seeing to aim is important. This is most likely the last camper we will own, second camper bought new with cash from Scamp. Anyway, free internet to do this complaining.
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:29 AM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
Was this a brand new Scamp? I'd take it back to the factory to get it repaired or a refund, perhaps even a different trailer. Decorah is not that far from the factory when you spend that much money (assuming it's brand new).

PS; the issues your having is the reason why most folks spend a couple of days camping near the factory after they pick up their Scamp. whatever you decide, good luck.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:30 AM   #4

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Cyndi, if you have one 12 volt light in the bathroom, it is not your converter, it may be a loose feed wire coming out of the converter that supplies power to those specific lights. This may be a simple fix. I have spoken to Micah several times on the phone. He is the only parts/service guy, so just give him a call back, I am sure he will help you.

Mark
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:44 AM   #5

Iowa
Registry
I FIXED IT! Somebody should have told me I needed to stand on my head in a corner and spit nickels to find the plug. Now I just need to get the boo boo fixed and I am happy, happy!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Sorry Cyndi, I knew you had to do that and didn't say anything.

It took me awhile to find that plug the first time, I finally reached in and started pulling on the AC cord till I found the plug.
Then I had to call Scamp and ask where the heck it plugged into. LOL

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
I FIXED IT! Somebody should have told me I needed to stand on my head in a corner and spit nickels to find the plug. Now I just need to get the boo boo fixed and I am happy, happy!
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #7

Iowa
Registry
He should have said stand on your head with a mirror and a pen light and hope someone finds you before all the blood rushes to your head, you will see the plug. And, hey Bill K, call me before your ever hire a lawyer with my last name.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:00 AM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
Cindy, the "new" type converter in your Scamp works very well. Now that it's actually plugged in, you should enjoy many years of trouble free service.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #9

Iowa
Registry
Finally, after all summer too