Coolest Camper Ever - Maybe Smallest - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Wink

Let me begin by saying, I am not trying to sell you one of these, but it is so "cute" for lack of a better word. I would have loved to have had one 40 yrs ago. The price, like a lot of things these days, kind of takes my breath away @ MSRP: $7,995.00. It is the SylvanSport 'GO'. I have listed two web sites, the one I found it on and the one to the manufacturer. Farther down on the first web site page you can find a photo of a BAL Leveler often confused with a Bal Jack, which was what I was looking for when I found the camper/trailer. It is not just a camper, it can be use as a utility trailer, toy hauler, who knows. A really neat idea. Not sure what they might sell one for. It looks like it could be pulled behind a Casita/Scamp, etc. and give you room for the kids, grandparents, etc. I'd take one if anyone out there would want to buy it for me. I'd even go pick it up. No kidding, I would if you would. Honest! One site said: $6,000.

The sylvan sport site has a nice slide show, but only a number to call to get a price. Also links to videos and still photos.

http://www.popupportal.com/new_products.asp

http://www.sylvansport.com/

http://www.acquiremag.com/sports/spo...n-sport-go.php

It may rank up at the top for cool camper idea, but I'd have to say the molded fibeglass ones are still at the very top, if not at the top. A nice quick way to get away, take some stuff with you, but not in the rain. Maybe a good spare bedroom, but not in bear country. Not to mention were would I put the a/c. It will just have to have an option for air. Don't you think. But just think, a 700-pound backpack on wheels.

But my offer still stands, if you buy one for me, I'll pick it up. Have a good one, day that is.

Adrian W

We have a lot of high country in New Mexico where you would not need air, but a lot of some what lower country where it would be nice to have. Mostly it cools off at night to sleep in most of those places as well.
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yes it's neat... but the "Coolest Camper Ever"? Sorry, not my opinion. Clever idea, but still a popup. Has it's place in the camping world, just not at my house. But then again, I don't want a 40' Moho either.

Different strokes for different folks.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Very neat idea for lightweight adventure types - however we watched the setup video and it took longer then setting up a regular tent. Saying that, you could tow this unit with a Smart Car =)

I'm with Donna on this one, I'll stick with my trillium =)
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Yup, wouldn't score high on my list for ease of setup and use - but I do give it high points in the 'cute' category!!
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote