Cost to paint a Boler? Does anyone know? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #1

Trailer: '77 Triple E Surfside
Does anyone know what a realistic quote should be for a independent RV repair shop to give me for sanding/prepping and then painting my Boler should cost. And I guess coating in a shiny clear-coat etc. to give it that showroom shine etc.

Nothing too fancy. I’d like to bring the original Avacado Green bottom and White top back to life since all the Fiberglass on the inside is a lovely shade of Avacado. Currently the Boler is a Red bottom and White top that I've scrubbed very clean but the old Red paint is flaking in spots and starting to show the original Avacado and overall, it could use a sanding and painting.

A new RV repair business has opened up in my area and before I ask them to quote me on this job I was what others have been quoted for the work I mentioned or what others have paid etc.

Thanks gang

Eric
erich@friesens.com
ericmarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Hi Eric

I had a customer request his unit be painted rather than have the usual white gelcoat. This is not something I would expect an RV company would do but rather an autobody shop. I had quotes from $1200.00 to $2000.00.

Good luck!

Reace
Reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Reace.....

what was that about Maaco?

Best find yourself a decent auto body shop and git-r-dune there. Our paint job (13ft. Trillium) was a 'free-bee' but in consulting with the owner aside he indicated prices starting at about $1500 (and up) depending on how 'in to it' you want to get. The shop also did a REAL number on a friends 17ft. Boler. His body work alone was more than what my 'out the door' price would have cost me. This 17ft Boler (seen again at our latest Egg Meet) IS a show trailer and is probably well worth what it cost the owner. IMHO, it shows BETTER than show room. No waves ripples down the body sides and no stress cracks anywhere (YET, LOL)
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
It was autobody shops that I received quotes from, however the customer chose to take the trailer to Maaco to have it painted for $1200.00. Looks good, but definitely got what they paid for! I spoke with another 13' Boler owner who is in the process of getting their unit ready for paint. He is doing all the prep work so all it needs is to be masked and sprayed. He is using Endura which is a two part paint system which is going to cost approx $1500.00.

Reace
Reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
It's primarily fiberglass on the outside, not an automobile or RV, so I would take it to a boat place because they deal in fiberglass not steel or aluminum... Or a Corvette place if you have some $$.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, paint, painting