Could you walk on this? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-07-2005, 09:48 PM   #21

Trailer: 77 Scamp 13 ft
Reminds me of the shelf i built in Boy Scouts 25 years ago.

UMMM NO! thanks.... I just remembered i need to go brace the shelf i built yesterday for my closet.

Duct tape is Structural... Isnt it?

Does anyone know if Gina D is still in the bar?
I better go check
Ronny W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:24 PM   #22

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
Quote:
Does anyone know if Gina D is still in the bar?
I better go check
This sounds like a job that requires more that one person. Sorry, I will just have to pass on that walk---

Diane
jdtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:49 PM   #23

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Not a problem. Hey, the fall wouldn't kill you ...no way.

..........................It's the sudden stop.
Oh my gosh, Myron. That photo makes my stomach leap just looking at it.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:27 AM   #24

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Give it a year and they'll install a 3,900 foot bungy cord
Old 12-08-2005, 02:03 PM   #25

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
No thank.. i will pass on that tourist attraction!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #26

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
I just received this as a forward in my email:

Not verified, but "heads-up" all the same.
?
As usual I cleaned off the addressee's, but?the originator is particularly reliable.
?
Cheers,
?
Joe

?
?

In case you are planning a trip...
Subject: Grand Canyon Skywalk (report)

Just in case you're traveling to Grand Canyon,
The following is unedited from an email a friend sent me regarding their recent trip to see the new Skywalk at the Grand Canyon. For anyone thinking about going, here is a reality check for you...Best regards,

Harlene Chris wanted to see the new "thing" at the Grand Canyon , so we went this weekend. It is advertised as $25.00 to go out on the skywalk and the pictures show a beautiful building next to the walkway.

Well; they are not quite "HONEST." It is $25.00 to go on the skywalk, but it is $50.00 to be on the reservation. You find this out after what they say is a 1 hour trip down a 57 mile dirt road. Wrong! this dirt road is 57 mile alright; the fastest you can go is 25 mph; you do the math!!!

So, after this long drive, you get the good news it is $75.00 a person!!! Chris said maybe we should forget it; I said after that road we are not coming back so get the damn credit card out. Then you get on their bus for a 10 min ride to the "walkway"; built in one of the ugliest places on the whole Grand Canyon; not a tree to be seen and the water is gray below!

Their building is not started, so you have a trailer to go into to go through a metal detector and leave your camera and purse in the trailer. The walkway glass was cracked which lead me to believe they may have a few engineering glitches and I got my ass off the thing right away after seeing that! Believe me it is not as big or long as it looks on TV.

They do give you a buffet lunch, with your ticket, at "Guano" (means poop) Point. The Indians used to go over the cliff here to pick up bird shi! t to use for Makeup (war paint). You get to sit in one of the windiest places on earth to eat your chicken or ribs covered with blowing dirt. We passed on the lunch.

There are buses leaving every 10-15 min with 52 people on board at $75.00 per person $3,900.00 per bus from 8:00 am until 6:30 pm. That's $156,000.00 per day! I guess they are making a lot of money. They are flying people in from Vegas and Laughlin to go see this thing! I guess the Indians are smart; but not so honest about all the details of the activity.

We had to stop and change a tire for a young girl who took her grandparents out there. They had the right kind of car and good tires; but the road is terrible, they blew out the side wall of the tire. They must have hit the side of the road and a big rock. They did not know where the spare tire was and were completely helpless. The tow truck would have come out there, but it would have been 2-1/2 hours and $400.00! The girl was very scared and grateful we stopped to help. Some guys stopped to ask if this was the right way to the Skywalk. Grandpa yelled out, "go back, go back, it is not worth it!!"

One last detail, the hotel the Indians run to accommodate this adventure looks great online, but the sign at check in says "SINCE THE TRAINS COME BY EVERY 10-15 MINS PLEASE ASK FOR THE FREE EAR PLUGS". We immediately canceled our reservations and drove to Kingman , AZ for the night. We got up at 6am and got the hell out of Arizona!

Karen Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #27

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
I guess they feel they have been screwed over by the White Eyes so often in the past that all's fair in War and Pay-back.

I see they moved their grand opening back from '05 to just about a month ago. Frankly I'm surprised they made it.

But please don't blame Arizona! Arizona is a wonderful state with more to see than you could get around to in several lifetimes.
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote