Counter top ice maker? - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Counter top ice maker?

Anybody run one of these little beasties? I like ice in my cold drink, even when I am "roughing" it. Anyway, what are the opions on them from people who have actually owned/used one? Brand, etc.?

Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Have had an Emerson for a few years now. Rarely leave home without it. Even use it sometimes at home, when we have more company than our home machine can handle.

We bought it when it was on sale at Target, for around $100. It is a little smaller than some, but we like that for transporting. We have never had one bit of trouble with it, though some people have reported problems with theirs.

One trick I have learned, is to carry a little sandwich bag of ice with us, to chill down the water we put in it. We always save a bag for next stop. I am not sure how long it would take to actually get ice without cold water.

Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
OHIO Rally Organizer
Name: Sandy
Trailer: sold my Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
We have a small ice maker we leave in the camper but I also fill real small plastic cups with water and put them in the camper freezer. One of those "ice cubes" keeps your drink cold for a lot longer than little watery ice cubes and we also put some cool whip sized containers in there to freeze and put a couple in the coolers. Big chunks last much longer. I use a cake pan to put all the little cups in to put in the freezer so I can fill them all and then slide them in there.
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:12 AM   #4
Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Portable Ice Maker for $159.99 + Free Shipping on

One day sale on a highly rated (on Amazon) countertop ice maker. About $50 savings.
I don't get lost, I go on interesting side trips.
blodn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
We've always been ice people but with the small trailer we have just learned to live without it. Now we just don't miss it, heck I used to even put ice in my milk,
Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is online now   Reply With Quote