creative artists - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
need a car gas efficient and a trillium trailer to be renovated for 1 person and set up as a studio for photography and artwotk on a mac. i hear there are a few other artists in the group and was wondering how you handle things. do not need indoor plumming but want to use it year round so need a furnace. want to use light weight materials like aluminum so my dry weight will be as light as possible. want to use a small car like a golf TDI. i was told it could tow a 13'.

look forward to hearing from people that live and work in their trailers.
franklin hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:10 AM   #2

Quote:
need a car gas efficient and a trillium trailer to be renovated for 1 person and set up as a studio for photography and artwotk on a mac. i hear there are a few other artists in the group and was wondering how you handle things. do not need indoor plumming but want to use it year round so need a furnace. want to use light weight materials like aluminum so my dry weight will be as light as possible. want to use a small car like a golf TDI. i was told it could tow a 13'.

any comments would be appreciated. i need to know how to use the space and how deep all the beds are, size of kitchen length etc. i am such a novice. i have never even been in a trillium. i like their looks.

please respond anyone
Old 07-10-2007, 09:15 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Here is web site for the new Trilliums.There are 4 floor plans to choose from.This will give you an idea of what you may need.
http://www.trilliumtrailers.com/
Old 07-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Patience Franklin,

Not every member comes here every day. And when the person who has all of your answers logs in your post may have fallen to the bottom. There are lots of creative members here. I'm not sure what percentage of them have opted for a Trillium. I suspect Bolers and Trilliums are more common in Canada. Scamps and Casitas are probably the most common brands in the US.

Lots of members have their websites listed as part of their signatures. Check a few of those out. Based on comments in their published posts, the honors for the most aggressive use of a FGRV probably go to Robert Brummet who was on an expedition to create a film documentary on farm life. (Correct me if I'm wrong here.) Lanny Webb uses his trailer for camping, fishing AND photographic retreats (http://lannywebb.com). Nancy in Oregon (http://www.watsonmountain.com/Pages/nancy_art.htm) goes to art workshops using hers. There are craftspeople galore here. The great thing about FGRV is everyone has the ability to modify their rolling studio to suit his or her individual needs. Check out the mods threads to see some of this work.

I have a 16ft Fiber Stream. I use my trailer to remove myself from my daily surroundings. Just putting myself someplace different is helpful to my creative process. Since I write, I just need a space to sit comfortably for hours, preferably but not necessarily with a juiced plug available. I should have pictures of my mods available by autumn, when I'm finished tweaking the unpolished pearl.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:36 AM   #5

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
Franklin, I cannot help much with the Trillium but we do craftshows with our Casita with a Tahoe for a tug. The key for us is the space in the tow vehicle. Our booth and stock go in the Tahoe , so after dropping the trailer at a show we can set up with out the trailer. We even choose shows that allow staying in the trailer and provide a spot , many times in a field near the booth. We dry camp with a solar panel and it works out very well. We could not continue to do shows if we had to add motels to our expences. Good luck
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Patience Franklin,

Not every member comes here every day. And when the person who has all of your answers logs in your post may have fallen to the bottom. There are lots of creative members here. I'm not sure what percentage of them have opted for a Trillium. I suspect Bolers and Trilliums are more common in Canada. Scamps and Casitas are probably the most common brands in the US.

Lots of members have their websites listed as part of their signatures. Check a few of those out. Based on comments in their published posts, the honors for the most aggressive use of a FGRV probably go to Robert Brummet who was on an expedition to create a film documentary on farm life. (Correct me if I'm wrong here.) Lanny Webb uses his trailer for camping, fishing AND photographic retreats (http://lannywebb.com). Nancy in Oregon (http://www.watsonmountain.com/Pages/nancy_art.htm) goes to art workshops using hers. There are craftspeople galore here. The great thing about FGRV is everyone has the ability to modify their rolling studio to suit his or her individual needs. Check out the mods threads to see some of this work.

I have a 16ft Fiber Stream. I use my trailer to remove myself from my daily surroundings. Just putting myself someplace different is helpful to my creative process. Since I write, I just need a space to sit comfortably for hours, preferably but not necessarily with a juiced plug available. I should have pictures of my mods available by autumn, when I'm finished tweaking the unpolished pearl.
all similar vehicles. impulsive and in a hurry to find out things but patient as far as getting to the end solution. i plan on a couple of years researching before actually finishing my project.

snap decisions do not create a good final product. i do not want to say oops! need the double bed so if someone comes along she will have a place to sleep. otherwise i would keep bunks and forget the other bed. everyone is so nice.

there is a show in canada called trailer park boys on tv. any americans seen it?
Old 07-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler 1972 13 ft
Quote:

Hey Franklin,
I have a 13' Boler...mint condition...asking 4,000. empty weight is 700 kilograms. The awning needs repair.
I wanted to tow it behind my jeep tj...I'm not confident yet that it can be done. I kind of like the freedom of not towing anything behind me. It does make good lodging though or studio.
I thought of using it as a portable healing clinic. TC..Tory
tory mcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Hey Franklin,
I have a 13' Boler...mint condition...asking 4,000. empty weight is 700 kilograms. The awning needs repair.
I wanted to tow it behind my jeep tj...I'm not confident yet that it can be done. I kind of like the freedom of not towing anything behind me. It does make good lodging though or studio.
I thought of using it as a portable healing clinic. TC..Tory
need to research things for awhile. i really want a trillium because of the 3 layered windows. also will be setting it up for just me and studio. probably i will want something in poor shape as i will be gutting it. thanks anyway.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #9

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Just met Lise Beaudry @ Bolerama at Emily Prov. Pk. Omemee Ont. Canada last weekend. She is an Artist/Photographer and tows a 13' Boler with a Ford Focus wagon We tow a 13' Boler with a V6 Ford Taurus Wagon and have no trouble...just slow down and tow right!!! Total "EGGS" in attendance over 100...what a crowded nest
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #10

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Quote:
need to research things for awhile. i really want a trillium because of the 3 layered windows. also will be setting it up for just me and studio. probably i will want something in poor shape as i will be gutting it. thanks anyway.
If you are gutting and redoing you can put in whatever kind of window you want wherever you want in the shell of your choosing.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote