Cure for the Winter-time Blues? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #1

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
Although THIS week it has been nice in Sacramento, here in the Sacramento Valley, winter usually means rain, rain rain... I know, I know - those of you in SNOW country and really cold country have it much worse, but this rain and constant overcast... Not to mention the valley fog - HONESTLY the fog can be so bad that sometimes visibility is under 100'... Anyway, we actually got in the car New Year's day and headed "up in the hills" (low Sierra Nevada foothills) to get out of the fog! NICE sunshine.

Anyway, enough with this weather. Time to hit the road! Plus, the closer I get to retirement (I am gonna retire in December) the closer I get, the more my Rectal Glaucoma flares up. (Rectal Glaucoma = "I just cannot see myself dragging my "bottom" in to work.) SO... we made reservations for Palm Springs! It **IS** 7-8 hous of windshield time, but we are gonna leave Thurs Feb 12, spend Fri, Sat & Sun and then Monday (Pres day) back home. With ANY luck we will be looking at 80-85 and sunny. Oh ya. SWIM SUITS and lots of down time.

Rectal Glaucoma is a particularly insidious condition. It seems to strike at random. The best therapy seems to be "Get Away". That tends to put it into remission... sometimes for a month or more. Sometimes less. You just never know - Sometimes it just flares up out of the blue. I **HAVE** noticed that it has gotten worse the closer I get to retirement. Oh well. Sick leave ain't a benefit unless you use it.

LAST winter, before we got our Scamp, I had a bad flare up and we needed to spend some time down in Santa Barbara. It was really, really NICE. Went in March, and had b'fast at an outdoor cafe on the beach. Went on a whale watching trip. Just had a great get away...

If feels good just KNOWING that the reservations are IN ... now we just have to wait a couple more WEEKS. Sigh

Alan
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Quote:
Rectal Glaucoma is a particularly insidious condition...
Is this akin to "Optical Rectalitis"?

That the condition when the optic nerve is fused to the rectal nerve, and you end up with a s**tty outlook on life.

ConwayBob
Old 01-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #3

Not sure if they are just different symptoms of the same issue ... or if they are different diseases.

I think sometimes some of the diseases are very similar. Not sure if RG is CAUSED by outlook, CAUSES the outlook or is unrelated. I **DO** have "OR" too,

but the RG seems to relate specifically to the inability of seeing the rear end getting dragged into work.

Quote:

That the condition when the optic nerve is fused to the rectal nerve, and you end up with a s**tty outlook on life.

ConwayBob
Old 01-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Doctors have been unable to diagnose my condition for years.
Thank you Alan, as I finally have a name I can put on my condition...
Should be able to begin the treatment next week in Quartzsite, and then the week after in Cottonwood, and then the week after that...................................
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #5

Glad to be of service.

Quote:
Doctors have been unable to diagnose my condition for years.
Thank you Alan, as I finally have a name I can put on my condition...
Should be able to begin the treatment next week in Quartzsite, and then the week after in Cottonwood, and then the week after that...................................
Old 01-31-2009, 12:24 AM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:

Definately different diseases. Affecting different ends of the body.

A body part followed by "itis" means inflammation of the body part. It only stands to reason why the s**ty outlook on life is sequal to this condition.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:05 AM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Glad to be of service.
You need to change your profile now, to Dr. Alan
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:27 PM   #8

hahahahahahaha... not hardly

I aspire more to the Dilbert world - more correctly in that strip I bow to Wally. ****HE*** is the brains of the outfit

Quote:
You need to change your profile now, to Dr. Alan
Old 02-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #9

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... It doesn't matter what the dissease is... it's the cure that counts!!! Take two Aspirings and call AAA in the morning
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote