Current ParkLiner finish detail - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Name: Katie
Trailer: ParkLiner ordered mid-March 2013
Current ParkLiner finish detail

There's been a lot of talk lately about Parkliner and an issue or two they've recently had. It appears that Chandler has stepped up and has addressed these issues with the customers. Yaaay!

In each thread, there seems to be an element of excusing some of the shortcomings because it's a new company and that some issues were prototype and growing-pain issues. Understandable!

So now that they've rolled out over 30 units, it would be nice to see pictures of the current fit and finish rolling out. As someone waiting for my new ParkLiner, I'd love to see some pictures of what I can expect when I take delivery

Would any of you new owners be willing to post pictures of the fit and finish as your received yours, not after you've modified?
I'm particularly interested in the wiring in the storage areas. Are they bundled/taped properly and secured out of the way so we won't snag them when we go to store items, both in the upper and lower cabinets? What about around the doors and edges-is all the fiberglass properly trimmed out? And the connections for all propane and electrical appliances - is that now taken care of, as opposed to the unit that was rushed to a rally last year? Are all the cabinet doors finished on the inside as well as the outside?

I'm curious to see any photos you're willing to share. We ordered the ParkLiner sight unseen, based largely on the glowing reviews we saw here. Now I'd like to see more so I can continue to hone my expectations.

Thanks very much!

k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Katie, Im 003, (Harry my ParkLiner's original owner said he was the 4th to roll off the assembly line) my cabinet doors are finished on all sides and I dont have many photo's showing the wireing but here is one that I had in the galley cabinet above the stove. The water line and wires are secured in place.
Attached Thumbnails

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
Name: Mimi
Trailer: Parkliner
I don't have one of the newer models and hopefully someone who does will be able to provide the kinds of pictures you are interested to see.

I just wanted to congratulate you on your ParkLiner order. I remember being so excited during the incubation period. I hope you enjoy your new trailer very much. We've already had great fun and memorable moments in ours.
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
Katie, I'm sure you will enjoy your new trailer, despite what's been going on lately. We have number 13 or 15 I can't remember, but have been happy with our trailer. If you have any questions just pm me and I'll try and answer them for you. Your trailer will have some new updates, so I'm sure you will like it.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
Hey Deryk - Thanks for posting the picture. That looks pretty clean and tidy!

Mimi-Thanks for sharing our excitement. I can hardly wait for ours to arrive!

Tim-Thanks for your reassurance. I know we'll enjoy it!

Regardless of the last few days on the forum, I'm a typical consumer in the internet age, and as the old saying goes, "a picture is worth a 1000 words." We live in California, a continent away from ParkLiner, and it would be nice to see what's coming off their production line these days.
There have been a lot of changes in a short amount of time and I'd like to "see" whatever anyone is willing to share.

Thanks again!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
I'm afraid that I lined the interior of every overhead cabinet with indoor/outdoor carpeting. I stuck it down with hot melt glue so the wiring is easy to access if I need to but, with the exception of the battery/fresh H2O/converter/water pump compartment all my wiring is effectively hidden. I have added some padding (foam covering) in the aforementioned compartment if I thought there might be some future danger of wire chafing due to vibration against any of the hold down straps for the batteries or fresh H20 tank. Probably unnecessary,but if the belt fails, the suspenders should keep my pants up. FYI, my local tire company was in contact with me today, having spoken with Cameron, and my new tires are expected in by the end of the week. If there is specific info I can give you, PM me and I'll try to accommodate.
Brian M.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #7
Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon

Hi Katie and congrats on your upcoming addition to the family

You might have seen my shot below the curb side seat? They did a nice job with good fit and finish on the valves for fresh tank (we did put bubble wrap on the tank to the left of the valves in this shot, but that is the only mod in this image) :

We were pleased with the overall fit and finish with no need to tidy things up. Just because we do it in all cupboards in our _home_ Cari & I put that rubber drawer liner stuff in the cabinet bottoms.

One example below is an attachment showing the one area that i know has "Loose" wire...our requested Solar Prewire that is routed from the street side battery compartment up through the same side column (directly behind the rear side dinette seat) up to the upper cabinet next to the grey tank vent pipe. We've not moved the wires, they came nicely wound in place so someone gave a touch of extra Luv on the placement (?).

I don't know if it will shed further light on the basic fit and finish of a "30's" unit but i do have a small gallery/album.

Best wishes on your Parkliner!
Attached Thumbnails
Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon
Bed, Bath, & Beyond...
2010 Chevy Express 1500 AWD Van
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
We were pleased with the overall fit and finish with no need to tidy things up.

That's great to hear!

Just because we do it in all cupboards in our _home_ Cari & I put that rubber drawer liner stuff in the cabinet bottoms.

What a great idea!

Thanks a bunch for your response.