Current price on the Scamp 19 Deluxe? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2018, 01:56 PM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: Shopping
Alabama
Current price on the Scamp 19 Deluxe?

Does anyone know what they cost new right now?

I looked at an escape and liked it a lot but I also like the lighter weight of the scamp which would allow for a smaller tow vehicle.

I'm in the deep south so the Scamp would be a good bit easier to pick up as well.
dcs02d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #2

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
According to my 2016 price list, the Standard 19' is $16,395. Standard option package makes it $18,495. Deluxe (wood interior) starts at $23,095.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:27 PM   #3

Alabama
yeah... the escape starts at about 27K US and then I'd have another 4K in delivery costs (Scamp would be $1500)

So the escape starts at maybe 7K more. I suppose I could just call Scamp
Old 03-20-2018, 03:37 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
new vs used

well that makes some of the used ones listed here look like huge bargains to those who want one right now and save money!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #5

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
There are many differences between the two units hence the price difference. Escape is at the top end of build quality in the fiberglass world.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #6

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs02d View Post
yeah... the escape starts at about 27K US and then I'd have another 4K in delivery costs (Scamp would be $1500)

Make sure you take into account the current US/Canadian exchange rate. Pretty substantial discount on the cost of the Escape.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #7

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:

Which Escape? Construction differences aside, an Escape 19 and a Scamp 19 are very different trailers. Not a straightforward comparison.

As for delivery costs, regardless of brand, there's no better excuse for a vacation than a trip to the factory to pick up your new rig.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:05 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Keep in mind that you will have to look at whichever trailer you buy.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:39 AM   #9

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD 17'
Michigan
I would caution you about buying a Scamp 19 without laying in the loft of one. My wife and I drove to Backus, MN last summer where, sadly, I found the loft bed to be a little short for my liking. It appears to me that the front of the Scamp 19 is slightly tapered but maybe I am wrong. Of course, you might find that it is not an issue but it is something you should be aware of. Also, with the Scamp 19, you lock yourself into only a pickup for camping for a very long time - a capable SUV won't work.

It's ironic that you are considering the same two initial candidates that I had a year ago before I went to Backus, considered indepth the logistics of obtaining an Escape 19, and had the chance to walk through a Casita 17 SD. I leave for Rice, TX next Sunday to pickup a new Casita 17 SD.

They're all good.

IBUPNORTH
ibupnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:43 AM   #10

Alabama
Yeah.... I'm sort of looking at the soon to come ford ranger and figured the 5th wheel would be safer to tow.

My wife is 5ft even and I'm 5-10ish. We'll probably end up sticking with the 13 longer than I think as we own it and its paid for.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:04 PM   #11

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
don you are 2ins taller than me we get along ok in our 13 with a 44in bed! oh a forgot our doggie the warmer!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #12

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Keep in mind that you will have to look at whichever trailer you buy.
Been looking at my 01 19D for the better part of ten years. Maybe I’ve missed something?
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:19 PM   #13

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD 17'
Michigan
Quote:
Yeah.... I'm sort of looking at the soon to come ford ranger and figured the 5th wheel would be safer to tow.

My wife is 5ft even and I'm 5-10ish. We'll probably end up sticking with the 13 longer than I think as we own it and its paid for.

At 5-10 ish you might have have sufficient room in the loft - Al would know better than me. Seems like the new Ranger and Scamp 19 could be a good combo. Looks like the Ranger won't be available until the first quarter of 2019 so you might luck out and find a late model 19 for sale down in Florida or somewhere close in the mean time. Or maybe Al is getting tired of looking at his!

IBUPNORTH
ibupnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #14

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel A. View Post
There are many differences between the two units hence the price difference. Escape is at the top end of build quality in the fiberglass world.
Your statement is open to discussion. The quality / value of the Scamp 19 equals or exceeds its asking price IMHO
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:20 PM   #15

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibupnorth View Post
At 5-10 ish you might have have sufficient room in the loft - Al would know better than me. Seems like the new Ranger and Scamp 19 could be a good combo. Looks like the Ranger won't be available until the first quarter of 2019 so you might luck out and find a late model 19 for sale down in Florida or somewhere close in the mean time. Or maybe Al is getting tired of looking at his!
Nah, I’m good Jeff. In fact, we’re heading out to AZ and UT again in May for a couple of months of bumming around in the desert in that old relic. We were on the Southern Utah Tour last year with Casitas, Escapes, Scamps, Bigfoots (feet’s???), a Lil Snoozy, a Boler, an Oliver and at least one other mfr I can’t recall and I found no correlation between brand, size or age with owner enjoyment. I’d camp again with that group anytime.

Don, I’m probably not a good test case for size as it relates to comfort in a Scamp 19’er. I’m 6’3” and the wrong side of 250#’s but have no problems even in our front bath model and that certainly doesn’t seem to be the norm. It may help that Cindy is still pretty close to her acquisition specs. Best to try it for yourself. One thing I wouldn’t be without is our Southern Mattress (shameless plug for a local company).

As to towing, we had a 16’ Scamp before which worked well behind a double cab, 4WD Tacoma and I think the 19’er pulls even better. Looking forward to seeing the new Ranger.
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #16

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Your statement is open to discussion. The quality / value of the Scamp 19 equals or exceeds its asking price IMHO

I left it open Steve because I've been around long enough to know there are different views about different trailers. Myself I'm happy with the Bigfoot it meets my needs/wants was bought at a good price. At the time I could have bought an Escape almost did there was one near me for sale.

The only down side to the Bigfoot is a trade off in gas because of the width but sure is nice inside.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:24 PM   #17

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
I left it open Steve because I've been around long enough to know there are different views about different trailers. Myself I'm happy with the Bigfoot it meets my needs/wants was bought at a good price. At the time I could have bought an Escape almost did there was one near me for sale.

The only down side to the Bigfoot is a trade off in gas because of the width but sure is nice inside.
I agree the Bigfoot is a great trailer, a tad heavy but still GREAT.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #18

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
In some areas yes, in others ... not so much.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:10 PM   #19

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
In some areas yes, in others ... not so much.
I'm sorry if this is beating a dead horse, but would you care to elaborate?
Rumline is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp