Customer Service - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-02-2017, 04:13 PM   #1

Name: Pernell
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Customer Service

We have been looking for a lightly used lil snoozy or escape, but decided since casita is closest to us to check them out. Anyway, we called Casita with questions and were told we would get a call back which has not happened. Today we made the 2 1/2 hour drive to check them out in person. They were closed. Before leaving we checked their website which said they were open 9a -3p. Are our experiences indicative of what we should expect from Casita?

Full disclosure.....lil snoozy was supposed to call us back with contacts to go see one of their units. That was about a month ago, so I assume they will not follow through either.

Maybe they are all so busy customer service does not matter?
Pern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:39 PM   #2

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
They are probably closed for a couple reasons - 1 - Hurricane Harvey 2 - Holiday weekend. I have NEVER had a problem with Casita customer service and they return calls and emails. Try calling in a few days once they have a chance to get back to it.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:48 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
They didn't return any of my calls or emails.

I bet they closed early for the holiday weekend.

Small mfrs struggle with customer service and that is the norm with the molded FG trailer industry.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
North Texas did not have any severe weather problems from Hurricane Harvey. Casita (IMO) has a successful business model and really doesn't feel the need to change much. They are what they are.
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:07 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post

Small mfrs struggle with customer service and that is the norm with the molded FG trailer industry.
Boy is that NOT true for Escape. I've received a phone call at 2pm on a Sunday, because of an electrical problem I caused. And returned emails after 7pm as well. Do I expect that to be the norm... no. Just my experience with the manufacturer of my trailer.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #6
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
We have never had a problem with Lil Snoozy. Calls/emails have always been returned and we'll be picking up our new Snoozy next week!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:39 PM   #7

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Yeah I didn't want to pile on but my experience with Escape has been phenomenal compared to another brand I used to own. In both cases, I bought the trailers used so its not because I bought a new trailer from either one of them.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #8

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
When you order one you have 6 to 12 month wait on delivery. Seems to be the normal now with fiberglass trailers.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #9

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
My friends already know this story, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse, so bear with me.

We inquired with Casita several times when we were in the market for a fiberglass trailer in 2014. None of our voice mails or emails was ever returned.

This led us to broaden our search for other brands, and we eventually found out about Escape. Literally 5 minutes after I sent an inquiry I received a reply, thanking me for contacting them. The reply included price sheets, option lists, and a bunch of other useful information. The rest is history.

I am not at all upset that Casita never answered.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:07 PM   #10
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
I'm thinking them being closed today is a combination of the holiday weekend and Hurricane Harvey relief. Even though northern Texas didn't get that much wind, they did get some rain...and just about everybody in the state has friends or family in affected areas. Still, it does seem like there would've been a notice on the gate or door to say when they will reopen (and maybe why they are closed?) Good luck!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #11

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
The one time I didn;t get a call back from LilSnoozy within 24 hours Richard's phone had gone thru the washing machine. We picked up our LiSnoozy at 4 pm on Friday, 12/01/16, and since we had NEVER done any RVing Richard stayed till 8 pm giving us not only Intro to Snoozy but also Intro to RVing 101. If you're close to FL I'de be happy to show you mine. Please call Snoozy back and ask them again. There are lots of us Snoozers happy to share a look at our darlings.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:06 PM   #12

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
That must be very frustrating for you. Casita did post on their facebook page the following but not everyone has facebook
'Casita will be closed Saturday September 2nd through Monday September 4th for Labor Day. We will return Tuesday September 5th at 8am Central Standard Time. We hope everyone has a fun and safe Labor Day weekend.'
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #13

Name: Pernell
Trailer: In the market
Texas
We just checked the website prior to heading to Rice. Wonder why they did not update the website like Facebook. Frustrating yes. Our bigger concern is if this is our experience pre-sale, how do they handle issues post-sale? My concern is business is good so they don't have to care.
Pern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #14

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
A lot of businesses around me shut down at noon on Thursday so the owners and employees could get out of town for Labor Day without fighting traffic. Many of them were shut on Friday or only worked a half day. Sometimes such things are a last minute decision made just before lunch time. It does not sound like you made an appointment to see them so that they would have know to expect you.

It can be hard to get hold of people in the summer time as many are gone on vacation. I should think that might be especially true of a company that is all about going camping
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:38 PM   #15

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
You will have NO worries with Casita. I know I have not had any problems. They have a very good product for a very good price and I have had NO issues with it or the company. Get a sales person assigned to you and they will keep in touch. I had Carla -
she was nothing but professional, courteous and understanding. I cannot say how many times I talked with her prior to the sale and sometimes long conversations and changing my options and deletions. I stayed close by when first purchasing it in case there was something wrong - nothing ever went wrong and everyone else that I have talked with never had anything go wrong. Contrast that with some family members who have purchased other brands and there was a never ending list of problems from day one. I keep in mind that all companies do not operate on my schedule so always call first - ESPECIALLY on the weekend and REALLY on a HOLIDAY weather it be Columbus day, Valentines, Memorial day, Labor day, day and weekend after Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving week, Independence day, etc.... I also have to consider where they are located for hours of operation vs. my timezone and in this case the severe weather could affect anyone in the eastern half of the state.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #16

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
You will have NO worries with Casita. I know I have not had any problems. They have a very good product for a very good price and I have had NO issues with it or the company. Get a sales person assigned to you and they will keep in touch. I had Carla -
she was nothing but professional, courteous and understanding. I cannot say how many times I talked with her prior to the sale and sometimes long conversations and changing my options and deletions. I stayed close by when first purchasing it in case there was something wrong - nothing ever went wrong and everyone else that I have talked with never had anything go wrong. Contrast that with some family members who have purchased other brands and there was a never ending list of problems from day one. I keep in mind that all companies do not operate on my schedule so always call first - ESPECIALLY on the weekend and REALLY on a HOLIDAY weather it be Columbus day, Valentines, Memorial day, Labor day, day and weekend after Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving week, Independence day, etc.... I also have to consider where they are located for hours of operation vs. my timezone and in this case the severe weather could affect anyone in the eastern half of the state.
Our experiences with Casita echo bsedwebt's .
They have never failed to return our E-Mails or phone calls.
In fact on several occasions they called back 2 or 3 times because we were unable to take their call on the first try.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:50 PM   #17

Name: Jack
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17FD
Rapides Parish La.
My experience is the same (or there abouts) as Steve's and bsed's...when I bought my Casita, it was a year old...the OP had broken the bottom fridge vent...they called Casita and had one shipped to me...I arrived home a few days later with the wrong vent waiting at my door...I got the mans name on the package and called Casita, left a voice mail for that person and within the hour he called me back...when I explained who I was and the situation, he said wait one...a couple (literally) of minutes, he was back, profusely apologizing for HIS mistake...the OP had ordered the correct vent and he had shipped the wrong one...he voluntarily overnighted the correct vent and told me to keep the wrong vent as it was not worth the shipping to return...can't beat that for service and I was not even the original purchaser........
madjack
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:58 PM   #18

Name: Eric
Trailer: 1987 Casita 16
Illinois
I have not had the good response others have had. I sent an email to Casita, with no response. called, and was told I would get a phone call after lunch, didn't, have sent another email, and just the auto-response. I will be calling again this week, and am hopeful I get some answers.
EricAllyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:08 PM   #19

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
My experiences working both side of customer service. A phone call to who ever handles such things works better than an email or a voice mail. I know that Scamp responds very well to phone calls. I did send an email last week asking about when a part would ship. I got almost and immediate response. Being polite gets you a long ways. Words I used in my email, was "I was wondering when this order would ship" "Thank You'. Their web indicated it had NOT shipped. But it had.
I have always had good response from Scamp. I talked to a sales person when I ordered my Scamp, when I need some warranty work or replacement parts I spoke with Kent Eveland (owner of Scamp Trailers), since my trailer is now almost 12 years old I talk to their parts dept. and have no complaints.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:24 PM   #20

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Have been working with Jonathan at Casita for the past couple of months on my order. I spoke to him on Friday to comfirm an appt. With him on Wednesday to finalize my order. He has been very accommodating with my phone calls, questions, and indecisions. While on the phone he mentioned Casita would be closed untl Tuesday. I inquired if Rice had any rain, and he said it missed them and was dry there.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote