Déjà vu all over again - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Name: Vivian
Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Washington
Posts: 293
Quote:
Update - Someone at the campground suggested that I take Highway 1604 to miss city center.
That is good advice.
__________________

__________________
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Posts: 335
Quote:
That is good advice.
Right on target Vivian, much better than city center I-10.
__________________

__________________
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Posts: 294
Oh, if you are back on I10 near Junction, TX, (you will probably not be) get off the freeway in Junction and go south, follow the state park signs to South Llano River State Park, you won't regret it, it is not way off the freeway, only about eight miles or so, beautiful country and a really, really nice campground. I suggest you find a place to swim in the river, beautiful, clean and it is not moving too fast to enjoy it! I hope you all have the time, but you are probably past it by now....maybe next time...
__________________
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:15 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Posts: 335
I was real tempted to call it a day at Junction but decided to press on to Fort Stockton. Now I really regret the decision based on Monica's recommendation. Anyway, I'll probably be in Deming, NM tomorrow.
__________________
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #19
Member
 
John H's Avatar
 
Trailer: 25 ft Bigfoot (25B25RQ)
Posts: 46
Steve,

If you fell a little adventure and have time, go to Columbus, NM and stay at the Pancho Villa State park. It is one of a kind and for us it is a must visit. You can visit the museums in the park and take a 4 mile side trip to the Pink Store in Las Palomas Mexico for lunch or dinner. Do that at noon or early evening. It is only 400 feet from the border crossing. at Pancho Villa SP VSP you might find the Dutchman camped out in his Casita.

Pancho Villa SP is about 30 miles south of Demming.

http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/PRD/PanchoVilla.htm
__________________
John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Posts: 294
Quote:
I was real tempted to call it a day at Junction but decided to press on to Fort Stockton. Now I really regret the decision based on Monica's recommendation. Anyway, I'll probably be in Deming, NM tomorrow.
Oh, I wish you had too. The middle of the week would have been a nice time to visit as it is popular on the weekends. Like I said, next time, right? Don't know about you, but I have a list going for every state, when people recommend a great campground, I jot it down....
__________________
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Posts: 335
Good advice Monica about jotting down future campgrounds and POIs.

I'm in Deming, NM now. I spotted the same Casita in the same campground from my trip East. There was another one in the Walmart parking lot today too.

The weather is now a bit on the warm side and I'm anxious to get home.
__________________
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #22
Member
 
Name: Frederic&Belen
Trailer: 1986 19 ft Bigfoot
Posts: 76
Quote:
Good advice Monica about jotting down future campgrounds and POIs.

I'm in Deming, NM now. I spotted the same Casita in the same campground from my trip East. There was another one in the Walmart parking lot today too.

The weather is now a bit on the warm side and I'm anxious to get home.

Steve,

How's the Hensley Arrow ?
Do you see a big difference?

Cheers,

Frederic
__________________
FredericL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:47 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Posts: 335
Quote:
Steve,

How's the Hensley Arrow ?
Do you see a big difference?

Cheers,

Frederic
I haven't had the time to put it on yet. But I just met some folks yesterday that had one on their rig and wouldn't tow without it. They said it was worth the money with the just the few panic stops they had to make. The trailer stayed straight behind them. I planned to install the Hensley on part of the return leg of my trip so I could compare would I have installed now, weight distribution only. That plan along with most of the stops I hoped to make are not coming to fruition. And now I'm just plain tired of travelling and want to get home. So, the Hensley install along with testing it will have to be for another day. The temperatures in the desert are supposed to be over a 100 degrees today and I have a lot of it to traverse.
__________________
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #24
Member
 
Name: Frederic&Belen
Trailer: 1986 19 ft Bigfoot
Posts: 76
Quote:
I haven't had the time to put it on yet. But I just met some folks yesterday that had one on their rig and wouldn't tow without it. They said it was worth the money with the just the few panic stops they had to make. The trailer stayed straight behind them. I planned to install the Hensley on part of the return leg of my trip so I could compare would I have installed now, weight distribution only. That plan along with most of the stops I hoped to make are not coming to fruition. And now I'm just plain tired of travelling and want to get home. So, the Hensley install along with testing it will have to be for another day. The temperatures in the desert are supposed to be over a 100 degrees today and I have a lot of it to traverse.
Have a safe trip.

Frederic
__________________

__________________
FredericL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.