De-winterized! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Gerry:

We had lived in Lmestone Maine in the early 70s -- arrived at Loring AFB the year of the oil crisis (same year the base had converted from coal cemtral heat to oil) -- had no heating oil in base housing from mid Jan through the end of Feb -- a memorable experience!!

Living in Northern Maine -- I've gone land-locked salmon fishing on Memorial day weekend and got the car stuck in a snow pile putting the boat in the water. I've grilled weiners and burgers with the neighbors on the 4th of July while wearing parkas. My kids went door to door Trick or Treating every year wearing the same costume for 4 years in a row -- mask and snowsuit. I've seen it snow as early as the second week in Sep and last well into June.

... now we live in Virginia Beach -- wonder why?

Gerry - I feel your pain. Hope it warms up for you so you can get to the Casita before you have to REwinterize.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:38 AM   #16

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Happy Easter. It's 24*F here in Eastern Iowa this morning. Brrrrr... will it NEVER warm up?

Roger

Old 04-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #17

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
We had planned to go camping last weekend, but Oregon dumped on us. Then Wednesday it was sunny and warm. Thursday Roger, Homer (the 4 legged ones pictured) and I took off for Cape Lookout State Park -- a beautiful spot on the northern Oregon coast. We had 2 perfect summer days -- calm winds, sun and a park 1/4 full. This was trip #2 with Bigfoot and she performed flawlessly. After 3 seasons of towing, I experienced my first sway while descending a bumpy windy hill. Couldn't figure out why till I was about to back up into our camping spot. Hopped out to loosen the sway bar first and guess what? I'd never tightened it! I can't imagine towing without the insurance of that piece of steel.

Going to Oregon's tulip festival in Woodburn today.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #18

The Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival at Woodburn, Oregon today. The farm had hundreds of visitors from all over the world touring the extensive gardens. It was delightful.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1311__2_.JPG   IMG_1302__2_.JPG  

Old 04-09-2007, 07:32 AM   #19

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
The Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival at Woodburn, Oregon today. The farm had hundreds of visitors from all over the world touring the extensive gardens. It was delightful.
Braggart! !

Great shots! We had a high of 32 yesterday and overnight lows this weekend of 15-17*F ... and not looking much better here for the rest of the week! A snow/rain mix is forecast for the rest of the week here...

Roger
Old 04-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #20

Sorry to rub it in. I spent 15 years in Kansas and Illinois, so I feel your pain, Roger.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:17 AM   #21

Name: Gerry
Trailer: Boler 13 ft / 31 ft Holiday Rambler
Maine
Interesting Subject Title....De-winterized and getting ready......

April 12 and 28 degree F. still 8 inches of snow on the ground and the only thing I an getting ready for is the 10 inches of snow they are predicting for today through tomorrow.
Snowblower good to go...check
Snow shovel waxed...check
Generator primed...ooops gotta get one of them someday..

Wonder if I will be able to get Lady-Bug out for the Spring clean up at the campground on the 2nd week of May.
Gerry the canoebuilder (err maybe I should start to build dog sleds)