Deep SLeep - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2015, 04:49 AM   #61

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Sheryl,

I looked into the techniques used by these devices to define the quality of sleep. Except for one model that reads pulse rate and motion, they all read simple motions, with motionless sleep defined as deep sleep, definitely not a true measure of deep sleep.

I wil say I feel more rested when I'm not tossing and turning so for me it is at least some measure until better measuring methods come along (they pack more into the wrist bands).

At the very minimum the device is encouraging me to sleep more hours each night and to grab an occasional nap when I stay up late. The fact is I'm registering more Sound Sleep (Jawbone description) feels better. Like the steps it's counting, what's measured gets done.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:02 AM   #62

Honda, which model of jawbone device do you use and is there a way to set up two accounts on a single device so that two people could trade off using it? It sounds like a neat device to have.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Flatlander Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #63

Florida
We each have the UP24. I'm sure one individual could use it for a week and the other ifor a separate week. It reports it's results to a smart phone. I would guess that two smart phones could each have the app and see their individual weekly results. Our son and daughter-in-law each have one and are a team, seeing each other's results.

It's novel to see how you're doing. As well you end up setting goals for two important aspects of living, (walking) exercise and sleep. We've both become more conscious about setting goals and creating habits. In a sense it's almost humorous at our age, but better late than never, and it feels good as well. I'm forever impressed by the human body and it's ability to respond.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #64

Florida
We must be kids

Ginny and I have been having fun with our step and sleep monitors. One of the neat aspects is that it comes with a trainer/cheer leader who daily appears on our Smart Phones, praising little successes and improvements, As well the 'trainer' always has little suggestions, today a spinal twist exercise.

What get's measured gets done. Close to our step goal today so after supper we took a walk to push me over the top.. the coach will be happy in the morning.

Maybe we're regressing, having fun with a bracelet...

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-17-2015, 06:23 PM   #65

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post

Maybe we're regressing, having fun with a bracelet...
As long as you're moving AND challenging your limits, you're PROgressing!
Old 09-20-2015, 05:21 AM   #66

Florida
Late big meals

Yesterday was Ginny's sister's birthday and we went to a 'too expensive' restaurant with a marvelous ocean view and very good food as well. We had a filling dinner and returned for a three layer coconut birthday cake with ice cream, an excellent cake. (Cake and ice cream are a birthday requirement in Ginny's family along with singing the birthday song, regardless of your age.)

The aftermath, now that I'm into measuring sleep, is that neither of us had our now normal great sleep. It's obvious that eating big, rich meals late disturbs sleep. Probably no surprise, but previously it was not part of our conscious. Measuring sleep is changing our behavior.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16