Derailed by Hensley Arrow - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #15

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
For a 21' trailer I agree that an anti-sway and WD hitch is a good idea. I would have suggested the Equal-i-zer for a couple thousand $$ less than the HA. I have one and it worked great with my former 23' Rockwood. You bought a great hitch... maybe overkill for that size trailer, but you can take satisfaction in knowing you got 'top of the line' protection.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #16

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
For a 21' trailer I agree that an anti-sway and WD hitch is a good idea. I would have suggested the Equal-i-zer for a couple thousand $ less than the HA. I have one and it worked great with my former 23' Rockwood. You bought a great hitch... maybe overkill for that size trailer, but you can take satisfaction in knowing you got 'top of the line' protection.
Thanks Michael! I have to admit that my reason for buying the HA is more out of curiosity than necessity. There's been so much discussion about it that I wanted to see for myself what all the hooplah was about. The simple Husky weight distribution setup (no anti-sway add on) used before worked very well with first our Toyota Tacoma and later our F250.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #17

Trailer: 2008 Lil Bunk 18 ft / 1975 IH Scout II
I second the Equal-i-zer suggestion. I bought one based on recommendations from this site. I have a few hundred miles on mine, no problems, real happy with the purchase. Do a search on Equal-i-zer and read the comments.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #18

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
I second the Equal-i-zer suggestion. I bought one based on recommendations from this site. I have a few hundred miles on mine, no problems, real happy with the purchase. Do a search on Equal-i-zer and read the comments.
I put about 4,000 miles on mine in the first year. Oklahoma to Michigan & back, then OK to CO & back. But then I slowed down...
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:40 AM   #19

Name: Frederic&Belen
Trailer: 1986 19 ft Bigfoot
Quote:
Thanks Michael! I have to admit that my reason for buying the HA is more out of curiosity than necessity. There's been so much discussion about it that I wanted to see for myself what all the hooplah was about. The simple Husky weight distribution setup (no anti-sway add on) used before worked very well with first our Toyota Tacoma and later our F250.

Steve,

Do you know when you'll receive your HA?

Are you planing on installing it yourself?

After seeing your thread this made me think about it and I wonder how involve is the actual install?

Frederic
Old 04-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #20

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
Steve,

Do you know when you'll receive your HA?

Are you planing on installing it yourself?

After seeing your thread this made me think about it and I wonder how involve is the actual install?

Frederic
I'll be receiving it next week and plan installing it myself but not for a few weeks afterwards.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #21

Name: Frederic&Belen
Trailer: 1986 19 ft Bigfoot
Quote:
I'll be receiving it next week and plan installing it myself but not for a few weeks afterwards.

Can't wait to hear how it went and what you think about it.

After watching the vdo and reading some posts on forum(s), this seems to be an excellent choice. Safety comes first, and this is a great investment.

Let us know. right?

Thanks

Frederic