Derailed by Hensley Arrow - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,142
For a 21' trailer I agree that an anti-sway and WD hitch is a good idea. I would have suggested the Equal-i-zer for a couple thousand $$ less than the HA. I have one and it worked great with my former 23' Rockwood. You bought a great hitch... maybe overkill for that size trailer, but you can take satisfaction in knowing you got 'top of the line' protection.
__________________

__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Posts: 335
Quote:
For a 21' trailer I agree that an anti-sway and WD hitch is a good idea. I would have suggested the Equal-i-zer for a couple thousand $ less than the HA. I have one and it worked great with my former 23' Rockwood. You bought a great hitch... maybe overkill for that size trailer, but you can take satisfaction in knowing you got 'top of the line' protection.
Thanks Michael! I have to admit that my reason for buying the HA is more out of curiosity than necessity. There's been so much discussion about it that I wanted to see for myself what all the hooplah was about. The simple Husky weight distribution setup (no anti-sway add on) used before worked very well with first our Toyota Tacoma and later our F250.
__________________

__________________
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #17
Member
 
Trailer: 2008 Lil Bunk 18 ft / 1975 IH Scout II
Posts: 45
I second the Equal-i-zer suggestion. I bought one based on recommendations from this site. I have a few hundred miles on mine, no problems, real happy with the purchase. Do a search on Equal-i-zer and read the comments.
__________________
Russ & Marian McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
I second the Equal-i-zer suggestion. I bought one based on recommendations from this site. I have a few hundred miles on mine, no problems, real happy with the purchase. Do a search on Equal-i-zer and read the comments.
I put about 4,000 miles on mine in the first year. Oklahoma to Michigan & back, then OK to CO & back. But then I slowed down...
__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:40 AM   #19
Member
 
Name: Frederic&Belen
Trailer: 1986 19 ft Bigfoot
Posts: 76
Quote:
Thanks Michael! I have to admit that my reason for buying the HA is more out of curiosity than necessity. There's been so much discussion about it that I wanted to see for myself what all the hooplah was about. The simple Husky weight distribution setup (no anti-sway add on) used before worked very well with first our Toyota Tacoma and later our F250.

Steve,

Do you know when you'll receive your HA?

Are you planing on installing it yourself?

After seeing your thread this made me think about it and I wonder how involve is the actual install?

Frederic
__________________
FredericL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Posts: 335
Quote:
Steve,

Do you know when you'll receive your HA?

Are you planing on installing it yourself?

After seeing your thread this made me think about it and I wonder how involve is the actual install?

Frederic
I'll be receiving it next week and plan installing it myself but not for a few weeks afterwards.
__________________
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #21
Member
 
Name: Frederic&Belen
Trailer: 1986 19 ft Bigfoot
Posts: 76
Quote:
I'll be receiving it next week and plan installing it myself but not for a few weeks afterwards.

Can't wait to hear how it went and what you think about it.

After watching the vdo and reading some posts on forum(s), this seems to be an excellent choice. Safety comes first, and this is a great investment.

Let us know. right?

Thanks

Frederic
__________________

__________________
FredericL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hensley Arrow Install Today Steve Dunkel General Chat 11 05-23-2011 05:18 PM
ProPride/Hensley Demonstration Video Steve Dunkel General Chat 0 05-05-2010 10:35 AM
Cherry wall paneling for my Fleetwood Pace Arrow. Alan R Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 1 03-02-2009 07:02 PM
Hensley Arrow Cub WDH Pete Dumbleton Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 3 12-11-2008 02:55 PM
Hensley Arrow Hitch System Chris Daniel Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 4 08-17-2006 12:14 PM

» Trailer Showcase

Casita

GlendaW

William

Liessi
» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.