Old 09-09-2007, 02:55 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I see that 16' and 17' fiberglass trailers that have a toilet and shower are common. Did 13' and 14' Burro's ever have those options??? I am interested in something like that? Something small, lightweight, with a toilet, and a shower. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks everybody.....

AL

Old 09-09-2007, 08:35 AM   #2

Trailer: Airstream 16 ft OB
Scamp has a 13 ft. with a shower/toilet but available only in the Deluxe model. They may provide it as an option in the Standard or Package.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #3

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I haven't seen or heard of a 13-14' Burro with toilet/shower, doesn't mean they aren't out there. But since Burro is long out of business, the chances of finding one for sale... even if they did exist here and there, is pretty dang slim.

The Casita Patriot and Scamp Deluxe can both be ordered with toilet/showers. Finding ANY 13 footer used, with a full bathroom is pretty uncommon. Space is at a premium in the little trailers, most don't want to sacrifice nearly 1/4 of the entire trailer for those options.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #4

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Illinois
Registry
Or add your own bathroom to the Burro.

CindyL
Old 09-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Or add your own bathroom to the Burro.

CindyL

Excuse my ignorance but how do you add your own bathroom? Also did small U haul travel trailers come with shower/ toilets?
Old 09-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #6

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1981 13' Burro project/ 2008 Chevy Colorado extended cab
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Excuse my ignorance but how do you add your own bathroom? Also did small U haul travel trailers come with shower/ toilets?
I doubt if you haul did either.

I own a 1981 Burro and next year I plan on adding a bath in the front left and a pantry in the front right.
The first step is to find some large political signs to lay up the fiberglass sheets on. I have used smaller signs in the past for inner panels. The smooth surface woods well the spray glass upon to build up from.
I will do a photo essay on the build. First I have to finnish my 54F100 project.

Jim H
Old 09-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #7

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
The 16' U-Haul VT (Vacation Trailer, or Vacationeer) does have a bathroom (don't remember if it has a shower), but I don't think the 13' CT (Camper Trailer) did... someone might know of an exception.

Some 13' Trilliums had a front bathroom, and the 13' Outback from Team Trillium is currently available with one. I don't know if TrilliumRV is planning to offer a bathroom on their new Trillium 1300.

I think any 13' Boler with a front bath is most likely an owner modification, although there were so many companies building Bolers that there may well have been some factory equipped this way.

Some of the rear-door designs (Compact, et al) may have a bathroom in some versions... these are usually about 13' long and some are even shorter (in height), narrower, and lighter than a typical 13' Boler/Trillium type design (the Scamp and Casita are derived from the Boler).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #8

Trailer: 1985 17 ft Burro
Quote:
We have a 17" widebody Burro and did just that...added a bathroom to ours. We cut the kitchen area in half and made the bathroom directly across from the entrance door. I know widebodys have a space for the bathroom to the left of the entrance door but they appear to cut the trailer in half. Not allowing you to see the large dinette or bedroom area. Since the pantry is on the other side, we thought, "keep all tall things on one side." The shift really makes an open appearance inside the trailer.

To accomplish this we bought a corner fiberglass shower enclosure, cut it down to fit , expanded one panel and fiberglassed it in. The sink area was reduced to a small one bay sink but all is very comfortable. The bathroom is perfect...our marine toilet fits into it perfectly with plenty of room to stand and shower. We also added a covered TP roll holder, a small medicine cabinet that opens into the cabinet over the sink. So that there is plenty of shelf room for shampoos, soaps, etc.

Added the shower last year. Plumbing, TP holder, medicine cabinet were all added this year before our annual family camp vacation. Took a nice shower in it this year, yeah! I will add pics to explain shortly.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #9

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Illinois
Registry
No shower in the VT. It is a privacy room. Some previous owner of ours put in a shower, by connecting a hand-held to the faucet and putting a drain in the floor. The problem is that the drain is higher than the floor and the water drains into the space for the portapotty. They must have used it though. When we bought the trailer, it had a large water tank below the bed which was permanently set up.

Anyway, something similar could be added to the 13', similar to those 13' with the scamps up front. Or something like we did to our 13' Burro. We bought 2 shower curtains, put them on a string with eye hooks connecting the closet with the cupboards over the stove. Then the shower was one of those that could use water from the sink and stand in a plastic tub to collect it.

You could check others' ideas for a portapotty. We just moved ours out on the floor at night.

There's a 13' UHaul on ebay right now, as well as a 16' UHaul.

Cindy
Old 09-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #10

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1981 13' Burro project/ 2008 Chevy Colorado extended cab
Minnesota
Registry
1. remove all windows doors etc from Burro
2. move all of the electrics out from the left front space.
3. Then cut the tops off both benches.
4. Install sewer tank on floot with toilet on top in left front.
5. Make tagboard patterns of both sides and lay up panels extending both sides to the roof.
6. make inside pieces for the above and laminate to the inside.
7. Blend in all panels.
8. Re-gelcoat the entire interior.
9. Re-gelcoat the exterior - IT needs it.
10. finish the restoration.

OR

Sell the Burro and buy a 16' with a bath ?????
the material cost for the remodel would be about $500 plus 100 hours of time.
we will see what I feel like after my 54 F100 project
Old 09-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #11

Quote:
1. remove all windows doors etc from Burro
2. move all of the electrics out from the left front space.
3. Then cut the tops off both benches.
4. Install sewer tank on floot with toilet on top in left front.
5. Make tagboard patterns of both sides and lay up panels extending both sides to the roof.
6. make inside pieces for the above and laminate to the inside.
7. Blend in all panels.
8. Re-gelcoat the entire interior.
9. Re-gelcoat the exterior - IT needs it.
10. finish the restoration.

OR

Sell the Burro and buy a 16' with a bath ?????
the material cost for the remodel would be about $500 plus 100 hours of time.
we will see what I feel like after my 54 F100 project
This is such a great website! All of the members are EXTREMELY..... HELPFUL. Thanks EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

AL York
Old 09-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #12

Just posted pictures of our bathroom install, along with a few other pics of our restoration...complete floor replacement, frame check, axle replacement. They are located at Shubel 17' Burro Custom Resto
Old 09-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #13

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & 2011 MPG 184 and Y2k7 Burley Nomad! :)
Iowa
Amazing, Donna... just amazing! You have taken a junker and made a custom jewell. Well done!

Roger
Old 09-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #14

I owe all my bravery and inspiration to this forum and its members!

Roger, I never would have purchased that broken egg 3 years ago without your personal encouragement and advice. Thank you a thousand times over!

This egg is exactly what our family needed.

Tags
burro