Did anyone here buy it? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 1970 Campster
I'm wondering if anyone on this website was the lucky winner of the Campster that sold for $580 on Ebay the other day. Although it needed a lot of work, whoever got this trailer still got a great deal! Plus, it was for sale in the next county over so we might be neighbors! Congratulations on becoming a fellow Campster owner!
Lisa H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:11 AM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Was wondering that myself as I just bought my 1970 Campster in Kingston, WA, 3 weeks ago. Picked it up from the second owner for $800. Seems to be in very good shape, much better than the one described on eBay.
It was sitting for some time and with help from our generous uncle, have completely rewired, re-insulated, ran new water lines, painted the hitch and frame; still working on new vinyl flooring, re-packing wheel bearings, polishing the body, re-striping. The first owner installed some nice bead-board in the dinette area, so with new window coverings and recovered cushions, "The Hamster" is looking pretty good, ready for her first outing with my sister, her son, me and my dogs.
I'd love to exchange pix with any other Campster owners to see what you've done...we're newbies to this and really appreciate any ideas and suggestions.
Colleen C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Congratulations, Colleen! Sounds like a score.

I'm not a fellow Campster owner, but I bet I speak for more than myself when I say I'd love to see photos of your improvements (and the "befores," of course).

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 1970 Campster
Quote:
Was wondering that myself as I just bought my 1970 Campster in Kingston, WA, 3 weeks ago. Picked it up from the second owner for $800. Seems to be in very good shape, much better than the one described on eBay.
It was sitting for some time and with help from our generous uncle, have completely rewired, re-insulated, ran new water lines, painted the hitch and frame; still working on new vinyl flooring, re-packing wheel bearings, polishing the body, re-striping. The first owner installed some nice bead-board in the dinette area, so with new window coverings and recovered cushions, "The Hamster" is looking pretty good, ready for her first outing with my sister, her son, me and my dogs.
I'd love to exchange pix with any other Campster owners to see what you've done...we're newbies to this and really appreciate any ideas and suggestions.
Congrats on your Hamster! It sounds like you have accomplished a lot on it's restoration. I, on the other hand, have down more "tear down" than reconstruction on mine. I just haven't been able to find the time to work on it even though I have purchased almost everything I need to get the job done. Hopefully I'll be able to start the actual renovation-rebuild during spring break and will then share some pictures with the gang.
Happy trails!
Lisa
Lisa H. is offline   Reply With Quote