Did it! Order in! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
A tire pressure monitoring system can alert you to low tire pressure or excessive tire temperature. I've used these on my last 3 trailers and never had to change a tire on the side of the road:

507 Starter System Kit - Starter Systems, Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems - Truck System Technologies

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:19 PM   #16

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
You asked about bedding? You've asked the right gal! You'll get lots of other opinions as well. A comfortable bed is KEY to having a great camping experience. The LilSnoozy has the cutest bed alcove ever! I have a 13' Scamp, which I adore, but I do have "bed alcove" envy! You could put up a curtain in the alcove which will give you privacy so you can sleep in as well as providing a decorative element.

Your bed size area, according to the LilSnoozy website is 63 x 79 (34 sq. ft.). A queen size mattress is 60" x 80". A full size mattress is 54" x 74". (The 13' Scamp bed is about 43" x 75", smaller than a "full" and commonly called a three-quarter full.) I think regular size queen sheets should fit your LilSnoozy mattress. It's not clear from the LilSnoozy website if a mattress, or curtains, pillows, bedding, come with your trailer. Because three sides of the mattress are butted against walls I think it will be easier to make the bed with flat sheets, but I could be wrong. It is difficult to find flat sheets sold separately but they are available from Warm Things. Note: other places will also offer them but I have found this store (which is near my home in San Rafael and San Francisco) to have consistent excellent quality and fair prices. If you don't want Thermarest you could get a European style featherbed (or down alternative) also from WarmThings.

With the Scamp bed I had to makeshift all our bedding due to it's non-standard size. Search "Gilda bed" to see my previous postings regarding my bedding solutions.

Enjoy your new Lil Snoozy!

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:51 PM   #17

California
Registry
Now that we've discussed bedding it's time to talk "glamping"!

You may want to personalize your trailer with curtains, pillows and accessories to your taste. You may see some of my glamping interiors by searching "Gilda decor" or "Gilda decorating" on this website. Yes, I admit that I go a bit overboard as I like to decorate according to our travel theme. These have included The Southwest, Fall Foliage, Wine Country, 1950's/Route 66 and more! You, however, might just want to settle on one look that strikes your fancy.

You can find fabrics at fabric stores but other sources include "bed-in-a-bag sets", curtains, sheets, shower curtains, etc. If you can get the fabrics on sale, so much the better!

If you don't sew, find someone who can or learn to sew. Pillows and curtains are about the easiest sewing projects ever!

Most of all, have a great time in your new "Tiny House on Wheels"!
Attached Thumbnails
Doug's art and Scamp 030.jpg   Doug's art and Scamp 031.jpg  

Doug's art and Scamp 026.jpg   Lodi Wine Tasting July 2015 062.jpg  

Old 04-16-2016, 10:25 PM   #18

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Mitzi, congratulations on your new Lil Snoozy purchase. It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on what your needs and wants are already. One thing some have noticed when they picked up their new trailer, was the off-gassing odor. It took a couple of weeks of ours being left with the windows and door open to to get rid of it. If the factory will have yours done prior to your pick-up, ask if they will let it air out until you get there. Happy Trails.
Dave & Paula
Old 04-16-2016, 11:28 PM   #19

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
I've been thinking about an insulated carafe to hold hot water after breakfast, so we won't keep on running the microwave to heat up our coffee like in the retirement cabin.
<cut>
Now the important part- WHERE does one get fitted sheets for the short Queens featured in RVs, and what sort of a MATTRESS TOPPER do you have? Prefer not to use the Therma rests. With repeated back injuries both of us will need good padding on the bed.
When off the grid I use a insulated carafe & use on top of it a silicone collapsable drip coffee filter holder (From REI) for making coffee. Keeps the coffee warm for a long time.

I made a customized fitted sheet for my Scamp from an oversized flat sheet - I purchased two of them originally thinking I was going to make two. But it turned out it was just as easy to make the bed with an oversized flat sheet as a bottom sheet as it was to make it with the fitted sheet and it stayed in place just as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:28 AM   #20

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1460899594.607294.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	94299Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1460899665.811161.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	94300
We found some bedding on sale at

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 04-17-2016, 08:29 AM   #21

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Wally World and my wife made matching bedding and curtains. Worked out well

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 04-17-2016, 09:43 AM   #22

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Hey Administrators! We really, really need a LIKE button so's we can LIKE respondents posts!
I will not be allowed to glamp. It's a joint project (altho I initiated and paid for it) and after 35 years I am somewhat resigned to my fate. At least I got to make some changes on the engineering/construction side. I can miter the corners on a flat sheet with the best of them. Sometimes I think we're the last 2 people in the world to sleep on a full bed (although we have an old Cali King back in the city- changed out the waterbed balloon mattress in 2003 when DH had hip surgery). There is a mattress that comes on the Snoozy and the upgrade is to memory foam, which neither of us can stand. And someone else once posted that you might as well make Wally world your first stop after taking delivery and get a bed topper he said would cost over $100- but I can't find that expensive of a bed topper in my local WM. And I don't recall what it was called.
Thanks for the hint about airing out the camper. I will get in touch with the factory a little closer to the pickup date about that.
And thanks for the links!
Old 04-17-2016, 10:21 PM   #23

California
Registry
Hi Mitzi,
I guess you mean you will not be allowed to "glamp" because it will be too "over the top" for your man! My husband does indulge me a bit but I never get too "girlie". Here's a pattern I've been keeping my eye on from Walmart. It's a bed in a bag so it has 2 shams, a comforter, sheets and pillowcases for under $50. It's called Mainstays Cabin Bed-in-a-Bag. Mainstays Cabin Bed in a Bag Coordinated Bedding Set - Walmart.com Best of all, it's an outdoorsy style.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:15 AM   #24

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
And my screenname on some other forums is Grandmother Bear...because the only thing more terrifying than a sow bear in defense of her cubs is an old Grandmother bear in defense of her grandkids...Thanks for the link !
Old 04-18-2016, 11:28 AM   #25

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17SD
Miami, FL
I guess I'm not cut out for glamping.

Fortunately, my wife shares my taste in interior design - modern. I'd love to make the interior of the Casita resemble the set from Mad Men season 1.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #26

California
Registry
Hi Mitzi,
I thought of another comfortable mattress pad. Natural wool makes for a comfy bed surface. In fact, it is used in hospitals to prevent bedsores. Warm Things sells them and I love mine!
Old 04-23-2016, 11:39 AM   #27

Name: Ransom
Trailer: plan on buying lil snoozy
Massachusetts
Quote:
Thank you all, especially those who added in the need-immediately-on pickup list. Okay, water hose and pressure regulator, filter, leveling pads, chocks, 200 watt heater. What does anyone think about the digital temperature gun you point at your tires? The article said that a tire would heat up prior to blowing.
I have 2 different sizes of electric skillets, and 2 different sized electric kettles. I've been thinking about an insulated carafe to hold hot water after breakfast, so we won't keep on running the microwave to heat up our coffee like in the retirement cabin.
We chose the following options 1. Generator and tongue cover 2. Microwave 3. Thetford cassete toilet (the one that is a little cassete on wheels removeable from the outside) 4. large extra window passenger side 5. Extra storage portal drivers side 6. Spare tire 7. Spare tire mount 8. Truckfridge to replace Magic Chef Fridge.
9. Majic Vent in Bathroom. I think that's all. May get some replacement batteries for my Xantrex Solar Harvester from 2006.
DH asked for the Thetford cassete toilet upgrade as he wasn't sure we'de be physically up to the contortions and gyrations required to empty the Qobe. (cheaper) toilet.
trying to remember the last time I went camping. Possibly 2007?? That was the summer I bought a tent larger than my first apartment, took a month's loa from my job, rented a van and took my 13 an 8 year old grandchildren north with the spring?? No, wait- it was 2013- when I took DS and family white water rafting on the Chatooga River- a river that DS and I rafted 23years earlier! If yurt camping even counts as camping...sorta like a barebones cabin experience...
Now the important part- WHERE does one get fitted sheets for the short Queens featured in RVs, and what sort of a MATTRESS TOPPER do you have? Prefer not to use the Therma rests. With repeated back injuries both of us will need good padding on the bed.
i am planning to order a snoozy this summer and am watching your adventure with excitement.....

i will use a single class 24 trojan battery and the about to be released high effiviency renogy 100 watt solar panel. i prefer the nova kool r3800 fridge as it is very low current draw, 2.2 amps nominal, 50% duty cycle, so 1.1 amp average, about 26 amp hours per day. a bit less capacity, but fits the cavity. the solar panel should deliver about 30 amp hours on a good day.

isnt the standard cassette toilet the one without wheels? will the one with wheels fit in the same cavity? did you have to pay more than the version with no wheels?

consider the rival 2 quart slow cooker, you can use it for heating soups, liquids, slow cooking, cooking rice, making iced tea, and baking. small footprint.

is the drivers side storage portal a door to the below bed storage? is it outside access, perhaps identical to the passenger side portal but on opposite side? is it a window that opens? can you lock it?

which pressure regulator will you buy?
Old 04-23-2016, 11:51 AM   #28

Name: Ransom
Trailer: plan on buying lil snoozy
Massachusetts
Quote:
Hey Administrators! We really, really need a LIKE button so's we can LIKE respondents posts!
I will not be allowed to glamp. It's a joint project (altho I initiated and paid for it) and after 35 years I am somewhat resigned to my fate. At least I got to make some changes on the engineering/construction side. I can miter the corners on a flat sheet with the best of them. Sometimes I think we're the last 2 people in the world to sleep on a full bed (although we have an old Cali King back in the city- changed out the waterbed balloon mattress in 2003 when DH had hip surgery). There is a mattress that comes on the Snoozy and the upgrade is to memory foam, which neither of us can stand. And someone else once posted that you might as well make Wally world your first stop after taking delivery and get a bed topper he said would cost over $100- but I can't find that expensive of a bed topper in my local WM. And I don't recall what it was called.
Thanks for the hint about airing out the camper. I will get in touch with the factory a little closer to the pickup date about that.
And thanks for the links!
mitzi, richard told me the mattress is one inch shorter than standard queen in both length and width. i am planning to use standard bedding, although if i go with the fitted bottom sheet (elastic, curved, fitted corners) it might help to slightly modify it, or maybe just dry on high heat in dryer to shrink to fit. one inch is very little.