Did it! Order in! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-23-2016, 08:04 PM   #29
Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy ordered
Ransom- lots of questions! In no particular order- Yes, the Thetford upgrade is the wheeled cassette and external access, it costs $599 extra. The extra storage portal is a door, same size as on passenger side, that will give us 3 accesses to the underbed storage, which is where I plan to also stash the cat litter box and kitty beds. I love slow cookers, DH doesn't. I think I would look at the 1 to 1.5 l slow cookers before the 2 l one. I think a lot of DH's problem stems fro the days I was working fulltime, the kids were in Scouts and athletics, and I was also an officer in the local Florida Trail Association- I'd make a pot of something in the big slowcooker on Sunday and we'd eat on it till Wednesday With just us two there is a drastic reduction in the amount of food to be cooked. Fortunately he's accepting of the 1.5 l Hawkins pressure cooker, and I am going to track down a 1.5 cup rice cooker. I love my 3 cup rice cooker, but I only ever fix 1/2 cup raw=1 c cooked rice anymore. And slow cooked rice is just plain mushy. The truckfridge is what LilSnoozy generally recommends if you want to upgrade from the Magic Chef.
Bought a Xantrex solar harvester in 2006 but somehow wound up with totally discharged batteries around 2010, right about the time I suffered a serious work related accident and had to treat Physical therapy like it was my job for 40 hours per week- I know I need to track down some replacements for the Xantrex- but I just haven't had time!!
Hmm, Think I got to all the questions!??

"The island is not sinking!" Eric the Viking
Mitzi Agnew-Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:40 PM   #30
Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Mitzi - I am late to this discussion, but wanted to let you know our experience with our Snoozy. We also are one of the few couples left who have slept in a double bed for 48 years. We find the Snoozy bed just fine - we have not needed any sort of topper - it is fine as it comes. The mattress is roomy for us.

The Thetford toilet works fine - using recommended Thetford Campa-Chem (I got mine from Amazon) in that cassette really works. All breaks down and is de-smelled (is that a word) and not at all unpleasant to empty in a regular toilet. It has been worth every penny to get this upgrade. It is easy to remove from the outside access panel and we have been very happy with it.

Melanie B in NC is offline   Reply With Quote