Did you name your camper? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #15
Name: Reid
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
We call our Trillium Olive. The shape , of course, and because the center band is painted olive green
Attached Thumbnails

Reid Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #16
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Originally Posted by DeBreez View Post
We're waiting for a name to come for our Casita. You can't hurry these things, it has to occur eggs post facto to an actual event.
Being monolingual, I always thought that if I were to buy a Casita, I would remove the graphics and replace them with ones which read..."Little House".

Or better yet... How about "Cascaron", "CasaGallina", or even "Casahuevo"

floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #17
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Mentally, I don't even think of my Escape 5.0TA as being THAT... or even a trailer or camper. I automatically think:
Attached Images
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #18
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Our Outback is called Osokozy.....because it really is
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #19
Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
Originally Posted by Gordon in Idaho View Post
A friend once warned me not to name my vehicle. Bad luck. Sounds like it's worked out for you, though.
My truck doesn't have a name, it's just a truck.
Little egg campers just cry out for names. There are a lot of clever and appropriate names that people have used here if you check the profiles and the showcase. I couldn't come up with an original name for my old Scamp 13 until recently. As I was mounting my 3rd solar panel on the roof, I couldn't help but think of the Mars Rovers with their panels deployed. So...she's got a name: Opportunity (earthbound). I think it fits.

You inspired me. When I put solar panels on mine, I'll call it Curiosity. We also explore this world - I mean this continent.

We never named our inanimate objects, it easier to part with them when they crap out. Lot of cars we drove until the end of their lives.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:26 PM   #20
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
I've never been one to name objects. But with two daughters, I guess a name was inevitable, and Scampy stuck. It started as "the Scamp," and then "the Scampy," but when it became just plain "Scampy," as in, "When are we going camping with Scampy again?" I knew our trailer had a name.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #21
Name: Joy
Trailer: Scamp
Thumbs up Scamp

My 13 foot 1979 Scamp is simply known as Sis. Once I finish painting the exterior, I intend to redesign the vinyl Scamp sticker to say Sis.
Sybilcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:47 PM   #22
Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy ordered
After I got married and left college, my dad gave me a land yacht- a big heavy brown Fury 1. The name was inevitable- I named him Nick Fury (after Nick Fury and His Howling Commandos/Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD)
My ex-husband then decided we needed to trade that in on a sporty looking car. I refused to cosign for a Fiat, so we get a blue Chevelle, named Blue Max. No better mileage than old Nick Fury, and it ate a quart of oil every week.
After that died, and I was a single mom having some problems getting to my nursing school's external labs using the D.C. public transportation, my mother gave a Toyota station wagon- little bigger than a matchbox, in those days. She had a big red car, and I was reading DD chapters every night from a Jim Kjelgard dog book named Big Red, so I named mine Little Red.
The car I bought myself after moving to Florida was a cream colored Toyota I named Sandy...
I know that the name for my Snoozy will come to me, just as all my other vehicle names did..
"The island is not sinking!" Eric the Viking
Mitzi Agnew-Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #23
Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
I named my Burro after a literary donkey who tagged along on questionable adventures - Sancho Panza's Rucio.

I refer to my Subaru Outback as The Lady Subaru because it's such a mom car, and my husband bought a BRZ on the same day I picked up the Outback...so it's distinguished from The Man Subaru.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:17 PM   #24
Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Scamp 16'
South Carolina
This thread is fun....people are so creative.

Our 16 foot Scamp was "Li'l Scamp". Dunno what the new owner will / does call her...if anything. I'll leave it to him to say if he has joined this forum.

The new to us 21 foot Escape was named "Black Jack" when CPAHarley had her/him, but we've rechristened her "The Mis-Adventure" as a sort of play on Miss Adventure and misadventure as we are often like the Griswolds on vacation in what we call our Madventures.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:40 PM   #25
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
As most probably know from the last few times this topic was brought up, I am extremely frustrated that so many have taken the name we chose for our trailer, to use for themselves. Where the heck is originality anyway

We call ours "The Trailer".
We take The Trailer"
We go to "The Trailer"
We camp with "The Trailer"
And...."The Trailer" has been in our family for 22 years now. Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:15 PM   #26
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
We take The Trailer"
We go to "The Trailer"
We camp with "The Trailer"
And...."The Trailer" has been in our family for 22 years now. Lol!

You take that back, you plagiarizer, you!

I have been using that name for over 30 years now on various trailers, though I might not be the first.
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:30 PM   #27
Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014 V6 Jeep Cherokee
I view ours as a portal to adventure and relaxation. My five week a year escape from my day to day work life. Hence:
Attached Thumbnails
Don't quit your daydream.
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #28
Name: Bill
Trailer: Trillium 1300
British Columbia
The Fixer Upper ( 13' Trillium) that my wife and I purhased 1.5 years past has been lovingly named the "Hillbilly Hotel" due in part to the much much more work that is involved in trying to fix her up than first thought.

Material Guy is offline   Reply With Quote