Did you name your camper? - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-04-2016, 08:53 PM   #71

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Being monolingual, I always thought that if I were to buy a Casita, I would remove the graphics and replace them with ones which read..."Little House".

Or better yet... How about "Cascaron", "CasaGallina", or even "Casahuevo"
Or you could use Casablanca since blanca is the word for white.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:03 PM   #72

Name: Jacob
Trailer: Scamp
Iowa
Registry
We've named ours the stargazer, as we like to take it to places where we can see the stars. Also we are star trek fans and its the name of a lesser know starship.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:49 PM   #73

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Check the FGRV Registry. There you will see the names of many campers.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:02 AM   #74

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
You've all inspired me! My trailer is now called "The Gleeful Glamper" as I love decorating my trailer themed according to my whim or our destination.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:47 AM   #75

Name: Corinne
Trailer: Boler 1700
Alberta
Bob the Boler

My son named our Boler 1700 BOB the Boler. Love it!
Old 06-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #76

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
My old 21' Escape was "BlackJack" another name for 21 and an old faithful companion who has crossed the rainbow bridge. My new Escape 19 will be called "Prairie Schooner" to replicate the settlers crossing the plains in the 1800's....
Old 06-06-2016, 02:06 PM   #77

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
My old 21' Escape was "BlackJack" another name for 21 and an old faithful companion who has crossed the rainbow bridge. My new Escape 19 will be called "Prairie Schooner" to replicate the settlers crossing the plains in the 1800's....

Jim,
Can a 21' Escape be consider called old?

It hasn't even been to kindergarten yet?

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:16 PM   #78

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
I don't know if this is a given name exactly but I have certainly called it some names while working on it. Especially when laying on my back underneath, just something about parts, paint, fiberglass resin and gravity that bring forth a verbal response that needs to be personal.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:02 PM   #79

Name: Kate
Trailer: Trillium
Washington
"My Firefly"

My little trillium 1300 is a lovely warm yellow, and I'm a sci-fi geek, so I call it My Firefy. I picture the light being given off at night in the dark wilderness, and think "this is my Serenity!" So of course I call it My Firefly. . .

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea

Leave the men where they lay
They'll never see another day
Lost my soul, lost my dream

I feel the black reaching out
I hear its song without a doubt
I still hear and I still see
That you can't take the sky from me.

Lost my love, lost my land
Lost the last place I could stand
There's no place I can be
Since I've found Serenity

And you can't take the sky from me.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #80

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auchtober View Post
My little trillium 1300 is a lovely warm yellow, and I'm a sci-fi geek, so I call it My Firefy. I picture the light being given off at night in the dark wilderness, and think "this is my Serenity!" So of course I call it My Firefly. . .

.....And you can't take the sky from me.
A most excellent show and movie. I just bought the box set for the show and the DVD of the movie. Show made top 10 TV Guide shows that ended too soon list. Always seem to find one or two subtle things in the shows when I re-watch.

What is not to love about a show that opens with a guy sitting naked on a rock in the middle of a desolate desert and as the camera approaches his face he says "well that went well".

I might add that while tracking down leaks camper was given names ranging from those appropriate to a 7-10 split all the way to those consistent with dropping the bowling ball on your foot.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:55 PM   #81

Name: Santiago
Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Anaheim California
Hi, our 13ft Scamp was named "Travelling Egg". Upon its sale, within the next week or so, we will transfer the name and license plate with that name to the new Escape on order.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #82

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Hi, our 13ft Scamp was named "Travelling Egg". Upon its sale, within the next week or so, we will transfer the name and license plate with that name to the new Escape on order.
Interesting side note on license plates. Here in Mich. if you can find a license plate more than 20 years old and the vehicle or trailer is more than 20 years old you can get the "antique" plate registered to the vehicle.

So I found and purchased a 1976 Bi-Centennial plate with the 77 sticker for my 1977 Scamp. I have to send in color picture of plate and paper work to sec. of state but eventually will have a permanent 1977 trailer plate for the 1977 Scamp.

We actually considered getting plate from year of graduation from high school but apparently horse and buggies didn't usually have plates in Mich.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #83

Name: Santiago
Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Anaheim California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Interesting side note on license plates. Here in Mich. if you can find a license plate more than 20 years old and the vehicle or trailer is more than 20 years old you can get the "antique" plate registered to the vehicle.

So I found and purchased a 1976 Bi-Centennial plate with the 77 sticker for my 1977 Scamp. I have to send in color picture of plate and paper work to sec. of state but eventually will have a permanent 1977 trailer plate for the 1977 Scamp.

We actually considered getting plate from year of graduation from high school but apparently horse and buggies didn't usually have plates in Mich.
Roger, in California we don't have that set up, that I am aware of. My soon to be sold 05 Scamp 13 has had TRVL EGG plates from day one. Now that we have an Escape on order ( for retirement Canada and US coast to coast travel), we are transferring the plate over as its a lot longer but still an egg.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:25 AM   #84

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
2004 Trillium Outback named "Ruby Tuesday"

85 year old couple that I purchased it from had a beautiful standard bred black Poodle named Ruby who was very interested in our comings and goings.

And we came and went a few times since it was a long weekend (holiday) here and I wasn't able to transfer the ownership until Tuesday. It was an antsy few days wanting to get her home here after making a deposit on the Friday prior.

Besides, those of you 'of an age' will remember who/what "Ruby Tuesday" was!

Had a decal made with her name that was applied to a brand new spare tire cover which was mounted on the back of the trailer. Unfortunately near the end of an 8,000 mile journey to the Arctic Circle and beyond, on the worst washboard road I've ever been on, the tire mount broke off, chain, lock and all must have gone spinning off into the bushes somewhere. Too dusty to see anything out the rear mirrors of the truck to notice anything.

So now I'm thinking it might be the opportunity to re-name her. Since I have a love affair with the family 'Corvid" I might just call her "Raven Lunatic". To be decided.

Fun thread to read!