different kind of sighting - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
I was driving up Weston Road in Toronto the other day and this made me pull over. At first I thought it was a boler but it appears to be a Triple E.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1366.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	23485
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Nice.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #3

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
If I'm reading that sign correctly it seems to say "Boobalicious." Just what exactly is this trailer involved with??
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #4

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Hilarious. It does indeed say Boobalicious. It looks to be a breast cancer fundraising event. I like how the trailer looks awesome but the propane tank is all rusty.

On topic here, my favorite breast cancer shirt that I see during Race For The Cure is "Save the Tatas." Makes me laugh every time.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Looks like the event site is up and running now. You can get a closer look at the picture here:
http://www.boobalicious.ca/

The Toronto event is a fundraiser for cancer research at Princess Margaret Hospital and sounds like it would be fun and a great photo shoot opportunity.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #6

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I'm going to vote for early Trillium 1300; before they had the molded in flat areas for the side windows. I think the TM-14 windows look "lower" overall, and didn't they always have the molded in flat areas?

Fun to see on a billboard!

Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:48 AM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Quote:
I'm going to vote for early Trillium 1300; before they had the molded in flat areas for the side windows. I think the TM-14 windows look "lower" overall, and didn't they always have the molded in flat areas?

Fun to see on a billboard!

When I zoom in on the door, there is no embossed Trillium. Haven't they always had that?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:54 AM   #8

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
COOL

Name:	july_006.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	23493
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:49 AM   #9

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Way cute, but I have to wonder why a cancer fundraiser needs pink handcuff's? hmmmmmm is it the Lady's of the Night fundraiser for cancer research? LOL................

My only thought is, just another segment of our world working to help find a cure! Hope they have a fun successful fundraiser!

Great sighting Carol Ann!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #10

Quote:
When I zoom in on the door, there is no embossed Trillium. Haven't they always had that?
That's a good point. I wonder if they smoothed it over in their paint prep? Perhaps to eliminate "competing" logos? I even wondered if the trailer is a photoshop version of a photo of a real one that they "painted" pink for the billboard (that would explain the crazy-large eye-hook in the front for the clothesline, and maybe why they don't mention it anywhere else in the ad materials as a promo item, or show more photos of it).

Here's a photo of Paul Richter's 1971 Trillium 1300. Sure seems to match up except for the logo. I mean in general proportion (shorter vs. 15-footer); in window placement, size, and lack of molded in "flat spot" for them; door hardware; etc.

Name:	1971_Trill.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	23501

Another 1971 Trill 1300 shot:

Name:   trillium_1971.JPG
Views: 14
Size:  16.0 KB

Raya
Old 09-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #11

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
hahahahahaha....

PLEASE don't anyone take this the wrong way.... but what a bunch of Fiber-Geeks. (myself included).

WHERE ELSE, but THIS GROUP, would folks wander off into a discussion of the brand of trailer in the ad.

TOO FUNNY! Reminds me of the kind of conversations Seinfeld, Costanza and Kramer used to have.

Or better, Monty Python and the Holy Grail (think the discussion of European Swallows vs. African Swallows and their respective ability to carry coconuts.)

And, please know, I are one too. I can absolutely go down that path of minutia. And enjoy the stroll.

Thanx for the unintended amusement!!!!

Alan
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
That's a good point. I wonder if they smoothed it over in their paint prep? Perhaps to eliminate "competing" logos? I even wondered if the trailer is a photoshop version of a photo of a real one that they "painted" pink for the billboard (that would explain the crazy-large eye-hook in the front for the clothesline, and maybe why they don't mention it anywhere else in the ad materials as a promo item, or show more photos of it).

Raya

I guess I could buy a ticket and go to the event. The high end tickets include visiting the trailer to meet the performers or something like that.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #13

So it is real! Would be fun to see it, wouldn't it

And what will they think when you walk right past the famous people, and dive for the inside of the closet door
Old 09-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #14

Well lookie what I happened across:

Someone posted this that they had seen a while back in London, Ontario, and I just ran across it on the web today, while doing some semi-random surfing. This rekindles my suspicion that the Trillium Carol saw on the billboard was just a photograph that was "painted" pink for that campaign. What are the odds of two billboard ad campaigns using identical, rare, early-vintage Trilliums? Even the shadows look similar.

Carol, I know you mentioned that it was possible to buy a ticket that would allow you to see the pink trailer, but I never did find that on the website anywhere (I was looking around for more mention of the trailer back when you first posted this).

Fun to have them in the media, regardless

Name:	trillium_turquoise_billboard.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	23591

Raya