Diners, Drive In's and Dives - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #15
Commercial Member
Name: Brian
Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Well, if you like anything deep-fried you need to visit Texas! Here are some shots of a diner in Blanco, Texas. It's the Blanco Bowling Club Cafe. We had the "special" which was Chicken Fried Steak, fried Okra, real mashed potatoes, and some Jello cake...
Attached Thumbnails
blancobowlingclub.jpg   texaslunch.jpg  

brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #16
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Originally Posted by brian m. View Post
Well, if you like anything deep-fried you need to visit Texas! Here are some shots of a diner in Blanco, Texas. It's the Blanco Bowling Club Cafe. We had the "special" which was Chicken Fried Steak, fried Okra, real mashed potatoes, and some Jello cake...

Andy Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:43 AM   #17
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
A San Diego, California Institution

Originally Posted by Andy Orr View Post
One thing that has impressed me - but not my waistline -
is the size of the portions in restaurants in he US. You certainly won't come out hungry.
As CliveAlive says above, there are good restaurants here in Scotland, but they tend to be more formal than most of the diners shown in Diners, Drive-In's and Dives, and I would guess, more expensive to eat in.
Anyway, happy dining and keep up the recommendations.
The San Diego Chicken Pie Shop
This restaurant soldiers on, but has diminished since George, the founder died. Most of the wait-staff has changed as well, due to the vintage of the original crew, who were older women eschewing note pads and worked strictly from memory due to their longevity. It came to it's present location when it was forced out of a gentrified neighborhood. I wish people could experience the original as I have.
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #18
Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
In San Antonio and El Paso as well as just out of OK City and Amarillo, Taco Cabana Mexican Patio Cafe, the best Mexican style fast food you can find IMHO, stop and eat. Best Fajitas, we like the chicken ones, but all are good. (We eat at one in El Paso whenever we have to go there, see Mexican Nationals eating at it, must be good) Great Salsa, try some of each, very good eating. Sopias were bad when we tried them in Amerillo, other menu items very good. Taco Cabana : Taco Cabana: Menu

Find some good Texas Barbeque something like this place maybe Texas Pride Barbecue, which was featured on the Food Network. Texas Pride BBQ | Best Barbecue Restaurant in San Antonio, TX We have not been to it. I can not recommend a place in TX. We had some just off I-10 in Kerrville, but it was years ago. Not sure if it still good. The barbeque sauce is the key. We did get some very good BBQ in a little place in Johnson City. This might be the place: http://www.yelp.com/biz/kennys-bbq-johnson-city , but this sounds like a good place as well: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/301/1275...e-Johnson-City

I just found this on the net, http://www.lascrucesbbq.com/The_Ribc.../About_Us.html , may have to check this one out. Looks good.

Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote