Disappearing posts? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-21-2016, 02:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Disappearing posts?

Hi: All... Seems the censors are working over time locking out threads with out even a personal message of explanation. Anyone else feeling the same heat!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 03:05 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I was on another thread and wanted to post but there was no "Quick Reply" panel. No way to post a comment.
The thread was in For Sale forum which I have set to ignore. That saves me a lot of time marking posts as read, and yet it was showing up under "Recent Discussions" despite being set to ignore.
You can ignore a member, a thread or a forum.
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2016, 08:40 PM   #3

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: All... Seems the censors are working over time locking out threads with out even a personal message of explanation. Anyone else feeling the same heat!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Funny you should ask because just today I noticed that I post I made had been altered and I would had never known if I didn't re-read the thread. No notice was given.

It appears that the edit was to remove a humorous comment I made regarding a typo or grammatical error and so it was relatively harmless. HOWEVER, knowing that something I post can be changed without my knowledge, and still have my name attached to it, leaves me with with a feeling that I might be better off not posting at all.

My very strong preference would be that if something I post needs to be moderated, then just remove it all together.. please don't alter or delete my comments and assume that I am OK with the revised and edited version being under my name. Especially if you don't even tell me you are doing it.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:15 PM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Funny you should ask because just today I noticed that I post I made had been altered and I would had never known if I didn't re-read the thread. No notice was given.

It appears that the edit was to remove a humorous comment I made regarding a typo or grammatical error and so it was relatively harmless. HOWEVER, knowing that something I post can be changed without my knowledge, and still have my name attached to it, leaves me with with a feeling that I might be better off not posting at all.

My very strong preference would be that if something I post needs to be moderated, then just remove it all together.. please don't alter or delete my comments and assume that I am OK with the revised and edited version being under my name. Especially if you don't even tell me you are doing it.
Same experience --- Same preference.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:21 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Applications are open for volunteer moderator positions.

Alf, when a thread is closed there is always a reason for doing so, as it has obviously gone against the Community Rules, which I do recommend people review (available at the bottom of every page), as it is a good guideline for accepted behaviour on the forum.
Community Rules

We will not accept any bashing or putting down of other members, for any reason. If one has a complaint, report the post. In the thread that I believe you were referring to, the moderator just cleaned up all the posts that had nothing to do with the original post.

When a post is deleted for breaking Community Rules, which is usually reported by other members, we usually send the offending member a note saying why, so they are aware of what they did, and don't repeat it.

Often, before we can even get to a thread, many other members chime in one the offending topic, often referring to a deleted post. We try to clean up the post to remove these references without changing anything else that does carry value. If folks could refrain from adding comments that are not in line with the topic of the thread, there is little chance of them being edited.

We just cannot meet everyone's expectations on how we do our moderating job, and will continue to do so as we have been. Our focus is on making this a pleasurable site for everyone, and not a platform for a few. We do the best we can to achieve this goal.

I certainly hope everyone can understand this, and help us to keep the site helpful to all, while showing respect for our fellow members.

This sticky is another good read helping to explain the stance we take.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...one-71927.html

Thanks, and I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:02 AM   #6

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
We forget, It's their forum. They set the rules. I belonged to one of the Casita Facebook pages and had several posts deleted. I didn't agree with it but it's their forum. One of them was because no videos are allowed. Their reason is because some people have limited data plans! Why would they click play on the videos with a limited data plan? Why would they also have their settings on auto play videos under their settings? What do these people with limited data plans do when they go to other Facebook pages? I didn't agree but, it's their Facebook page.
Just read, post and enjoy. This is the best RV forums on the internet and on Facebook. There are so many positive and helpful people here. It doesn't matter what year or brand your RV is. The moderators do what they believe is best. In my opinion they do a great job! Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:55 AM   #7

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Jim, (and to all the moderators), thanks for doing a thankless job.

I am certainly not immune from making an error or having a lapse in judgment. However, to echo Gordon and Steve, I would also prefer that any non-conforming post simply be deleted. While I'm rarely satisfied with what I write, I really do prefer to be responsible for what is posted under my name.

If I don't get a note telling me why something was deleted, I expect that I should really be able to figure it out.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote