DLX Scamp 16 Closet/bunk Option? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
DLX Scamp 16 Closet/bunk Option?

For those who have seen a Deluxe Scamp 16 is the closet still useful since they take some of it for the wider bed? Can you put drawers, baskets or some kind of closet organizer in there or is it only a few inches wide so not very functional other than hanging a couple of jackets?
Scamp's website does not show clear pix of the closet. Hmmmm, also just noticed when you click on the Deluxe wood floorplans they dont show a bunk option. Do they do a bunk option with either of the Deluxe layouts? I'd like to have bunks in the front instead of the front dinette and still have the side bath. Dont know if something in the Deluxe design precludes that.

Melissa
Old 01-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
For those who have seen a Deluxe Scamp 16 is the closet still useful since they take some of it for the wider bed? Can you put drawers, baskets or some kind of closet organizer in there or is it only a few inches wide so not very functional other than hanging a couple of jackets?
Scamp's website does not show clear pix of the closet. Hmmmm, also just noticed when you click on the Deluxe wood floorplans they dont show a bunk option. Do they do a bunk option with either of the Deluxe layouts? I'd like to have bunks in the front instead of the front dinette and still have the side bath. Dont know if something in the Deluxe design precludes that.

Melissa
I have a 13 Deluxe which has a narrower closet for the same reason to which you referred. It is 14" wide and has shelving which we use as follows...
One shelf holds hard grocery items...(popcorn, canned goods, etc)
One shelf for her clothing
One shelf for his clothing
one shelf holds electronics (inverter, power antenna booster, 12V fan storage etc.
The deluxe front bath has ample hanging closet room plus floor space in front, along with an upper storage space which is huge.
We installed our microwave in the upper space and added a medicine cabinet door in the bathroom behind it. This space is large enough for toiletries and linens with room to spare.
Generally, the 16 Deluxe Scamp does not have a closet aft of the door on the starboard side.
On the side dinette 16 Deluxe the closet space is as described above, pertaining to the front of the trailer with a front bath.
The side bath deluxe version has a closet which is at least as large as the side closet described above.

Scamp Travel Trailers: Deluxe Wood Interior Floor Plans

The trailer is called a "custom deluxe" for a reason... their cabinet shop can build to suit, I am sure that if you would like bunks instead of the front dinette, it could be arranged.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #3

Thanks, Floyd! A 14" wide closet is definately useable. So do you have pix of your medicine cabinet mod? Am I understanding this correctly, you cut a hole and installed a medicine cabinet door in the bathroom wall to the upper closet storage area for your linens, toiletries etc which that space is also shared by your microwave?

Did you order your extra cushion for your "U" Dinette mod at the time you ordered your Scamp or were you able to buy it once you decided to do that mod? Did you give them the dimensions you needed for the cushion?

Sorry for all the questions, just narrowing down our options. I'd think Scamp could accomodate our bunk request. I'd probably go one step further and ask if they could keep the front dinette in place but install an upper bunk over it. That way we can sleep both kids for now and when it's just us we can have the 2 person dinette.

Looking forward to seeing your trailer at Scamp Camp next month! What site are you in? I'm in 81, of course it's hard to miss the T@b, I'll stick out like a sore thumb, LOL.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
Thanks, Floyd! A 14" wide closet is definately useable. So do you have pix of your medicine cabinet mod? Am I understanding this correctly, you cut a hole and installed a medicine cabinet door in the bathroom wall to the upper closet storage area for your linens, toiletries etc which that space is also shared by your microwave?

Did you order your extra cushion for your "U" Dinette mod at the time you ordered your Scamp or were you able to buy it once you decided to do that mod? Did you give them the dimensions you needed for the cushion?

Sorry for all the questions, just narrowing down our options. I'd think Scamp could accomodate our bunk request. I'd probably go one step further and ask if they could keep the front dinette in place but install an upper bunk over it. That way we can sleep both kids for now and when it's just us we can have the 2 person dinette.

Looking forward to seeing your trailer at Scamp Camp next month! What site are you in? I'm in 81, of course it's hard to miss the T@b, I'll stick out like a sore thumb, LOL.
You do understand it correctly,here are some pictures of that mod. Notice that both closet areas are vented(look next to the door) and we have a warning LED light above and left of the microwave to prevent leaving the sump pump on.

The cushions were ordered at the time of the mod, the bridge cushion is simply a short bottom cushion (30" long) the other one is just an extra stock back cushion. Fortunately I ordered before the fire!...My fabric is no longer available.
We are on site 77...See you there!
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0078.JPG   Pic014.JPG  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #5

Thanks! Pix are worth a 1000 words, LOL. CUTE micowave, wish they still made those.

Tags
scamp