Do Campgrounds Allow Screen Rooms? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #15

Name: Jo
Trailer: have ordered Casita SD 17
Massachusetts
Here are some photos. I had a bunch of them saved on my old computer and lost them when my computer died.

This photo was taken when we were camping on the Cote d Azur in France:

Here is another one that we took in a campgrounds in Vilanova y la Geltru (Cataluna - north of Barcelona):

Here is a photo of the caravan in the field where we keep it:

Will post some inside photos. Have to locate them first.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #16

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Got to luv the small Euro Diesels! Interesting info on the Go Carvan site about this one. Wish Subaru would start offering the diesel in NA as they do in Europe.... not fair!!!

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #17

Massachusetts
Here are the inside photos of the same model Dethleffs we have (I'll have to take some more inside photos of ours and post them sometime): The U-shaped booth makes a huge bed, lots of overhead storage and storage under the benches, 3-burner stove, fridge, sink and lots of counter space (the covers that are up in the kitchen cover come down and make a counter over the sink and stove), gas furnace, nice bathroom with toilet, sink, built-in medicine cabinet and storage drawers - mirrors on all 3 walls, wardrobe closet.... nice for a small 3.6 meter (approx.12-foot long) TT.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #18

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Dang,
A fully tiled bathroom in a trailer, not even $75K Airstreams have that!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #19

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Dang,
A fully tiled bathroom in a trailer, not even $75K Airstreams have that!!!

Jim, It does look like real tile doesn't it? Ha! Actually, its all molded fiberglass. Gives it a great look!

Carol, we love our diesel car. Gets great gas (or should I say diesel) mileage.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #20

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Jo I love the trailer I think you should bring it with you!!!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #21

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
If you're in Espana due to one or both of you being in the military, we thank you for your service. Trailer looks very nice. Interesting kitchen.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:42 AM   #22

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Jo I love the trailer I think you should bring it with you!!!
Ha! Would be a little expensive to ship it over - plus, having one in both places gives us the freedom to "explore" on both sides of the "puddle" (Atlantic).

Bob & Grace - We're not part of the military, but we feel the same way you do - appreciating the men and women in our armed forces. We're retired here (hubby is originally from here AND my Dad was from here also). So, we've got loads of family and friends -- in fact, in little towns here everyone knows everyone!!! But... both of our kids and grandchildren are in the States and we need to SEE them, PLUS the fact that we love the U.S., so we'll be back and forth.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #23

Name: Marsha
Trailer: Oliver
Michigan
Registry
We have a 10x10 screen house that we usually set up over the picnic table. Especially helpful if the bugs are bad or if it's raining.
Attached Thumbnails
100_2358GldnLk1.jpg  
Old 09-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #24

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
When I was looking at screenhouses, I found European ones and looked into buying one and shipping it here. I don't know why we don't have such nice ones.
However, then we found the FirstUp at Walmart, and it does the trick for us, fits up against the trailer and gives us another room. It becomes our livingroom, and we spend most of our time there, to be honest. Then the camper is the bedroom. Kevin even managed to close it up so much during a rainstorm in KY that we were dry when the tent campers were sopping.

CindyL
Old 09-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #25

Massachusetts
Marsha, thanks for the photo!!! The screen room over the picnic table is a great idea!

I plan to put a table out there with our coffee maker, toaster, grill and a Coleman 2- burner stove that I can cook on. Then we usually put another small table and 2 chairs out there, with an additional two comfy fold-up chairs to "hang out" in as well.

Cindy, just like you, we definitely spend A LOT of time out there because it actually doubles your living space! We tend to head inside after it gets dark or cool in the evening or if the weather is "too bad" outside. Here in Europe, we even have a floor (which I understand is not a good idea if there is nice grass underneath that the campgrounds doesn't want spoiled). It has to rain pretty hard for any water to get in. We have had some VERY windy weather when camping on the Mediterranean coast and hubby added extra ropes to tie it down - although he stakes it in very securely all the way around.

You wouldn't believe the stuff people here have in their tent houses (here they're called "avances"). --- Refrigerators, stoves, beds, tvs, bicycles, you name it. We won't go that far - ha! - don't want the neighbors to think we're moving in permanently.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #26

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Here is a link to the screen house that CindyL mentioned that we use with our UHaul trailer. It is a 10x10 FirstUp and we have both screens and wind curtains for it.

UHAUL AWNING

You will need to scroll down a few posts to find the pictures.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #27

Name: Camilla
Trailer: 73 Playpac
Kentucky
I love those euro side tent awnings! I spend a little time once in a while browsing eBay in other countries and I always end up looking at those. I've seen a few of them over here but don't know where they got them. Seems one was from Canada.

Once in a while there is a Euro camper being sold in Craigslist and I just spotted one this morning. It's an old Bailey: Tin Can Classifieds - 1969 Bailey RARE - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

You'll find Sprites over here as well.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #28

Massachusetts
Kevin,

Thank you for the link! If, for some reason, we don't ship over a screen room from Spain, we'll definitely look into the First Up. I really appreciate the help!

Camilla,

Its funny how certain things that are "standard" in US/Canada are so different in Europe. We have tent camped in the US and TT camped in Europe - but now we have a "learning curve" all over again. RV/TT camping is a lot different in N. America than it is in Europe. Just a couple of small examples: hitches are different, terminology is different (despite language differences), campgrounds are set up differently - amenities are different, i.e., I'd never heard of or seen pull-through campsites in Spain or France and I couldn't imagine campgrounds in the US wouldn't have kitchens for campers to do their hand laundry or wash their dishes.
Everyone in Europe has a super heavy-duty screen tent that is made specifically to fit their TT and all of the campgrounds look like little tent cities with all of the screen tents - ha!

Despite the differences, campers are GREAT people everywhere!