Do you bring music when camping like these folks? I have no talent, but do play a mean mp3 player. ;-) - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #41

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Music teacher took away my flutephone and gave me a can of rocks to shake.
Choir director told me to mouth the words.
Heck, I can't even spell flutephone.
Hey Glenn, maybe you can get a gig with Milli Vanilli. They got caught lip synching also.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:32 PM   #42

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I bring my fiddle but don't always play it. I'm not very good at it but I am improving. I camp at a few festivals and will jam if the others can tolerate my playing.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:13 AM   #43

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Registry
I learned to play fiddle deep in the Green Mountain N F of Vermont. Only place I could play without offending the rest of the world. But I'm certain it kept the black bears away.
It's clear from the replies to this thread that the topic is very subjective. What's OK for one person is not acceptable to another. I'm glad we are not all the same.
To the poster who thinks he's a dying breed, I think that is a narrow-minded view, and I suspect it's a person who doesn't live in the natural realm much of the time. Remember, we are very much a part of nature, just as a wolf or a micro organism. It's not "us or them". It's life. Our sounds are not always unnatural. It's just what we are. The problem lies in how it is perceived by other humans. But it's never OK to offend someone. Period.

Gordon
Gordon in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:53 PM   #44

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
If your citified camping it just might be easier and more restful for you to get a CD of natures music and play it on your CD player with head phones.

If you want to sleep put in foam ear plugs.

Other wise you get to hear real city music which includes all of nature, human beings and non human beings. If you don't want human beings in your version of nature you need to get out of established campgrounds.

I don't care how much noise anyone wants to make during regular hours but it would be nice if they all honored a 900 pm quiet time. Especially the drunks trying to talk over each other.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote