Do You Have a Roving Eye? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
I guess Anne and I are little weird. I look at other RVs and have seen nothing that would rather have than what we have. I made comments to Anne and see agrees with me. There are no "I wants" when it comes to trailers. We have the perfect trailer.

I did see one trailer that I thought would be fun to have in addition to the Scamp. It was an early Soro Scotty 13'. The couple that owned it said they had a few more. It's main attraction would the head turning effect.
That's called contentment........woo hoo.

carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #16
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Roving eye? I suppose! I always look at travel trailers, rv's, not that I am changing anytime soon. But even when we owned our 2 different Class A's I looked at others. Never meant I would have sold either of them to purchase something different unless our needs had changed we were satisfied with what we had. Just as when our needs changed, we downsized to a Casita. I am fine with it and can honestly say there are only 2 trailers at this time that would make me sell the Casita and buy them. First and foremost is a Willerby! But odds of finding one are not in my favor! Then an Escape 19, and frankly I came real close to putting in an order last fall. But reality is, I don't really need it. My Dh's health is such, he hasn't camped with me for a couple years now. Do I need a 19? Hmmmm, not really! Would I like a 19, oh hell yes! Just need to justify making a change for something that at this point in my life isn't getting used as much as it should get used.

Nothing wrong with a roving eye! Use to tell my Dh, he could look all he wanted. But if he was gonna stray that direction, he needed to take his dirty laundry and false teeth with him!

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
I fear I'm handicapped in that I already own the perfect roving eye roves only to further assure me of that truth.

I certainly wouldn't trade my inside-and-out molded trailer for any of the current crop of half-n-halfs (Molded shell with all-wood skeletal support doubling as cabinetry).

I do admit to a certain attraction to the all-aluminum Camplite, but I attribute that to my feminine weakness for shiny objects rather than to any serious desire for the trailer itself.

Propane Facts vs. Fiction:. Click here
Tow Limit Calculator: Click here
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #18
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
I of course agree with Francesca..... Except, there are a lot of Trilliums out there. While I would never stray in my marriage, I am a polygamist as far as Trilliums are concerned.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #19
Trailer: 1979 Trillium and 1989 Bigfoot (named 'Swanky')
Send a message via AIM to Donna R
Oh Thank you Dave
After your post I can admit (without the usual embarassment) that we too also think the 4500 is the perfect trailer for us , but that didn't stop us from buying the bargain 1300 Trillium , and then the also bargain 17 foot Bigfoot.
But the Trilliums rule.
Everyone thinks we're crazy. Sometimes I think we might be too.
But now........ well, you''ve set the bar to a new height.
Thank you
Donna R
Donna R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #20
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Yep, I'm bat poop crazy. Just ask my kids.
While I currently own four Trilliums, the second least expensive one was a 4500, but I got very lucky on that one, very lucky. I used to feel bad about it, but Francesca did even better.
What is sad, is that the two trailers that I want for my wife and I, after the kids all get their trailers, are not yet in my possession. I want to redo a front bathroom 4500 to have the same floor plan as a front bath Scamp 16, layout 6, or the 13 layout 2. That will be for when we travel together as a couple. The other Trillium 4500 I want is a front dinette, with the bunk above the rear dinette. It feeds 6 and sleeps 5. It would be good for when we take the hypothetical grand kids camping.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #21
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
If I had the loose change to buy a new trailer, I'd take that money and have someone upgrade my UH baby. Hmmm, start with with in-wall insulation, a new paint job including the frame (maybe frame becomes black metalflake...YEAH, BLACK METALFLAKE!). I'd have the floor redone, and new solid surface counter top....oh if wishes were fishes.... but I really don't have a big yen for a different camper
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #22
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Hummm. Dreaming is free, right?

Let's see if I could have anything it would be a perfect Bigfoot Silver Cloud. But, then I'd have to buy a bigger truck. Since I'd have the truck, I would want someone else to drive it. How about a Cabana Boy/Driver?

Okay, that's out.

hummm. I really like the Airstream Eddie Bauer. But it's HUGE and HEAVY and ALUMINUM. I'd still need that big truck and the Cabana Boy/Driver. Besides, my friends own eggs and I want to camp with them and not feel like I'm sleeping in tin foil.

So... back to the Escape 5.0 or can't wait to see the new 21' at the Oregon Gathering!!

What I don't want is a big ole bus or moho... no matter how cute the Cabana Boy/Driver is
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #23
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Pam love the idea of black metalflake on the me thinking my frame needs repainting ;-)

Donna I love the Cabana Boy/driver idea.... hummmm

dont worry if you were to go to something big and shiny as a few camping buddies have it doesnt mean you couldnt still camp with your fiberglass friends. Our little group likes it when the big trailer shows up - means we have someplace big we can all fit into and play cards if the weather turns ;-))
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #24
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Now, I know what you trailer polygamists will say. Just buy a bunch of them and use them as you see fit.
Fiber Stream and I have been traveling together for 9 years. The old girl has packed on a lot of poundage in that time and is high maintenance, always demanding little baubles to keep her happy.

An earlier quick relationship has re-entered my life, and Compact Jr is eager to strip down and get intimate with me. This fling is just for fun and excitement and I want to expose how sexy she looks to me.

I have to keep them separated, and Compact Jr keeps pouting that I'm not spending enough time with her. But... I just cannot break up with Fiber Stream. We share so much history.
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #25
Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
We really like our new Scamp, but I must say I reallylike the little U-hauls (just can't find one). Tom, when you are ready to sell...let me know!
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
Commercial Member
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
My boler my 1st love ,my 4500 my main squeez , and my 13burro is my fun thing on the side I guess I like variety and i still have a roving eye hope my DW doesn't read this
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #27
Name: Marina
Trailer: 1978 Biggar / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
British Columbia
While I also look at every RV that comes across my path and that I love my Biggar, I have recently seen a 28 ft Leocraft motorhome that I could love just as much as my Biggar. It looks like it was built in the 70's but I like it.
Life would be a million times better if there were Pinatas strategically placed throughout the day.
Marinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #28
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

How about a Cabana Boy/Driver?
Okay that is out

Why? I think a Cabana Boy is the way to go, hell with dreaming, I see nothing wrong with the real thing! .............

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote