Do You Have a Roving Eye? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #29

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Definitely yes. I'd love a 13 foot Bigfoot. Or a Lil Snoozy. Or an Escape. Once I no longer have a garage limitation I may start seriously looking at other trailers. Though ideally it would still pull with a relatively small vehicle.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #30

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
This thread is hilarious!!

Old 04-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #31

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Why? I think a Cabana Boy is the way to go, hell with dreaming, I see nothing wrong with the real thing! .............
I am with you Robin!! Only problem is I am having troubles getting my SO to understand what the role of what a Cabana Boy is suppose to be!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #32

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinab View Post
While I also look at every RV that comes across my path and that I love my Biggar,
What you trying to say Marina? Biggar is better?
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #33

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
Fiber Stream and I have been traveling together for 9 years. The old girl has packed on a lot of poundage in that time and is high maintenance, always demanding little baubles to keep her happy.

An earlier quick relationship has re-entered my life, and Compact Jr is eager to strip down and get intimate with me. This fling is just for fun and excitement and I want to expose how sexy she looks to me.

I have to keep them separated, and Compact Jr keeps pouting that I'm not spending enough time with her. But... I just cannot break up with Fiber Stream. We share so much history.
Umm....wow... Dude, that is hot. I almost forgot about the fibreglass.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #34

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Umm....wow... Dude, that is hot. I almost forgot about the fibreglass.
ALRIGHT, this is a family friendly forum... keep it clean

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #35

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
If someone has found the right thing for them, or making a new-to-them trailer "right" (customization, repair...) is not worth the effort for any gained features, then it doesn't make sense to change, but I would always be open to change that has net benefit to me. We get attached to our things, but they're just things!

A trend I see is that the people most interested in any kind of thing (car, trailer, computer...) have a lot of them, either sequentially or simultaneously - it's not that they don't like the ones they have, it's just that getting a different one gives them another opportunity to explore possibilities. The "had the same one and only one for decades" enthusiast seems to be the exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
I did see one trailer that I thought would be fun to have in addition to the Scamp. It was an early Soro Scotty 13'. The couple that owned it said they had a few more. It's main attraction would the head turning effect.
That sounds pretentious to me... but if that's your priority, I say go for it!
Personally, I would rather have a "sleeper": only I know what it really is. Someone asked me why I - a car enthusiast - was driving a tan station wagon; I explained that the chassis under it was the same as the red hatchback of the same model, and that from behind the wheel the colour and the shape of the back didn't matter. I want a car for me, not for those looking at me.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #36

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
Admittedly, I'm new at this. I/we let our eyes rove until we found what we thought was the perfect unit for us. Don't want to make the bed? Use the side dinette. More storage than we know what to do with. (We were backpackers in a former life.) Two roof vents, heat, air, 3 way frig and back flow preventers in all drains - stuff will end up on the roof before it pools in the shower pan. Window that tilt out so we can leave them open in the rain. Ask me in a year or two, but I'm not looking.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #37

Name: George
Trailer: 16' Scamp SD, TV: Tacoma 4cyl
Northern Wisconsin
I'm with Brian, years of minimalist camping has left me in awe of my new Scamp, it's a great tent. The only concern is that I can't go where I used to and am confined to camp grounds, but age is catching up and one must adapt as best as one can.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #38

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I am with you Robin!! Only problem is I am having troubles getting my SO to understand what the role of what a Cabana Boy is suppose to be!

You could always hire one!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #39

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
You could always hire one!
What Donna said.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #40

Name: Fred
Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Well I'm always looking,,afterall I'm a MAN!!
But, took so damn long to train the one I've got
don't know if I have enough time and patience
for another. Besides,Bigger tug,Bigger tow, bigger tug, bigger tow
then one night you think, wheres the fun in this?
I'm gonna go find a Boler, you know one of those little ones,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #41

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Nagel View Post
I'm with Brian, years of minimalist camping has left me in awe of my new Scamp, it's a great tent. The only concern is that I can't go where I used to and am confined to camp grounds, but age is catching up and one must adapt as best as one can.
I too come from a background of backpacking, ski touring, and canoeing. Even though I enjoy the luxury of my Escape, I still enjoy these other activities, spending a bunch of nights in the backcountry each year. I am still quite young at 55, but hope to keep doing some of these activities for many years to come.

I do not really lust over any other trailer, with perhaps an exception of Bigfoot. The problem is though that they are just too darn heavy for my liking, as I want to still with a smaller engine vehicle useful for more than just trailering.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #42

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Agreed, Im a man as well and I still look. I am totally happy with my ParkLiner for 1 person I still have 2 big cabinats with nothing in them lol. I have 20 years till I can think about early retirement and if by some scary chance I settle down (where is the cabana boy website ) I think I will be more then comfortable...lived in a 27 foot sailboat for several years so it was not much larger then my ParkLiner is.

At retirement I would love a ParkLiner 18, my vision lol. Same layout as the 15, but across from the galley is another galley with a fridge/freezer and some more kitchen storage and the side dinette is bumped 3 feet forward. Remove the smaller fridge and add a stove/oven. Would be perfect...plenty of room for cooking (counter top wise) a slightly longer tongue so plenty of room to mount a gas can for a generator, and on the backside a rear deck about 2 feet wide thats planned for storeing outside stuff (chairs, chocks, hoses, power cords, generator, etc) And obviosly the axle is back a little further for the additional load.

one could dream lol...Im sure if I waved enough money at Chandler he might consider it lol.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote